What's new

The DLC Skins Rant

I 100000% agree with this thread the klassic skins look like they are wearing condoms why cant they look like the mk9 ones ? i Just hope klassic kung lao doesnt look like his tournament costume smfh

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Skins are the least of the problems. I wouldnt care if my characters wore trash bags as long as the game functions correctly.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
They're a small part of the overall problem that has been plaguing NRS games for a couple of years now. Multiple skins for the same characters, shit online, shit character choices for DLC etc
True that. The online is terrible at times. The best connections are still a 6/10. I feel that is the biggest issue currently

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
True that. The online is terrible at times. The best connections are still a 6/10. I feel that is the biggest issue currently
The shitty online IS the biggest issue, obviously...but there's plenty to discuss about the game aside from that. Also, the shitty online has been mentioned every 3 seconds. Not many people were complaining about how shitty the skins have been, so I decided to get unreasonably angry about it and make a thread.

Suave

Noob
I agree some of the skins do lack creativity and I don't think they release enough for each character which doesn't seem right. Why should I have to play with a scorpion who can choose from up to 5 or 6 skins while I can only play takeda using two? I thought the horror pack was kind of creative with what they were trying to do with Ermac but I do think most of the skins lack innovation. They should do a future pack and give them all different ways to look or an alternate realm pack. They could even do skins related to factions just to give people something different and for more characters instead of just the main characters.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
They all should look more like these. Doesn't look as bad with the shoulder pieces fixed so it looks more Klassic. Not out of proportion and stretched.

Noob
@crosshair271 if that was the only problem with the klassic skins everything would be great in the world... the problem with this skins is that they are neither klassic nor accurate... SubZero, sure why not, i would leave it like that, but the others are just lazy color swaps of Sub Zero, and like i said before not even in the old games they where just pallet swapped characters, they had the decency to atleast change the mask or another element in the costume to atleast make sure they are not all the same... but here, damn not even a single element is diferent... It feels like since its free, lets not put a lot of effort on this costumes since we aint getting nothing in return... And if this was the excuse, i would be like, yeah sucks that you think this are not worth some time put into them, but when they do it with paid content, well ill be damned if @John Grizzly is not right to be angry at this piss poor display of what they think are DLC costumes... even capcom as weird or wacky as they are with their DLC costumes have the decency to make them look different...

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
i actually like a lot of the dlc costumes.... oh well. i especially love kraken reptile because of how stupid it looks, i love it. also he has that sweet reptilian ass

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
@crosshair271 if that was the only problem with the klassic skins everything would be great in the world... the problem with this skins is that they are neither klassic nor accurate... SubZero, sure why not, i would leave it like that, but the others are just lazy color swaps of Sub Zero, and like i said before not even in the old games they where just pallet swapped characters, they had the decency to atleast change the mask or another element in the costume to atleast make sure they are not all the same... but here, damn not even a single element is diferent... It feels like since its free, lets not put a lot of effort on this costumes since we aint getting nothing in return... And if this was the excuse, i would be like, yeah sucks that you think this are not worth some time put into them, but when they do it with paid content, well ill be damned if @John Grizzly is not right to be angry at this piss poor display of what they think are DLC costumes... even capcom as weird or wacky as they are with their DLC costumes have the decency to make them look different...
The thing is in UMK3 the actual sprites were palette swaps so everything was the same. It was only on the portraits and Tobias' character art that they had different masks. Reptiles costume has a different mask and skin but yeah I'm not a big fan. I wish Tobias was still here, then we would have had beautiful costumes. Instead we get the Americanized bulky ugly barbaric over the top costumes. Another thing that irritates me more are the combat animations. They're suppose to be martial artists yet Sub-Zero looks like he's doing quarterback kung fu. F4 = field goal kick, F4, 2 = tackle.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
The only klassic skin that looks good are Raiden's (Tournament SKin) and Sonya's. I hate the fact that Reptile has reptilian skin and Scorpion doesn't have his skull face mask. Other than the Samurai pack and Che' Guevara Kano, I could do without the other ones. The horror pack had the potential to be waaaay cooler. They should have just done MK Decpetion, Armageddon and Deadly Alliance packs.

llabslb

R1D1_998
The developers at NRS must have wiped their asses with the mouses and keyboards they were using and produced infrared scorpion.

Last edited:

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Even though I wasn't huge fan of Injustice. Injustice DLC skins were significantly better then what MKX has been delivering. For the UMK3 ninja skins look simply painted on and plastic. MK9 the ninja MK1 skins had significantly more detail involved and that was a last gen game... Something seems off here...