What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

Glass Sword

Nobody
seems to be character specific, it works consistently against hawk girl but whiffs against... joker? iirc
maybe it would be a good idea to flush out seemingly character specific links/combos.
There are some strings that don't hit on certain foes.
3 ex ES will not land on Lex raw
33 will not hit Killer Slide when she is crouch blocking.

one thing is lag online i find doomsday very slow online but offline i can land every single combo 10 out of 10 times , it seems his start up frames are slow i suggest he should be played almost turtle like in a sense that his armor is used mostly to get the combos in : )

Added a list of moves where you can end a combo with a hard knockdown where your opponent cannot tech roll. Very useful because Doomsday's Oki game is so amazing. (Oki just means when you knock down your opponent the choices you have while he is on the ground, so if you can eliminate their tech roll option, the only other option you have to worry about is their wakeup attack.)

Using the OP as a template, I created a 1 MB combo you can hit confirm off of 2,2 and is fairly easy to pull off:

Jump d3, 2,2 DB MB, JP 3, 2,3 DF 3 - 39%

I tried the 42% combo but the timing is really strict and probably impractical online. The extra 3% is not worth it for me when I can land the combo above almost every time.

I'm trying to think of how to make this more safe since 2,2 is -22 on block... any thoughts? Ex. Can you cancel the 2,2 into something to make it safe?
Yeah 2,2 does the same damage as 3. I just haven't added them yet.

You can cancel 2,2 into 1+3 for a position reverse grab or 2,2 non meter burn es as well. The frame data for es says -9 but I will say it now, the es is -9 if only the first hit is blocked and the second hit whiffs. Doomsday is dead even if they block both hits of es. I confirmed this by having the ai jump after blocking both hits and we jumped at the same time.

Nice to know that you can cancel 2,2 into safe options, thanks for the info.

Another variation of the midscreen 1MB combo if you are having trouble with the JP 3 (you can use the JP2 instead)

Jump d3, [2,2 or 3] DF 2, MB, d2, b3, JP2 2,3 DF 2. (38-39% depends if you do it fast enough for the ES to hit twice)

The ender also keeps you a little closer to the opponent.

Some other combos I found messing around:

Jump d3, 2,2, DF 2 MB, 2,2 DF 2 - 35%

Jump d3, 2,2, DF 2 MB, d2, b2,3,1 DF 3 - 35%

AGUSTIN

Noob
I found this combo out yesterday. Works great for me, Not sure on the DMG.

2 Meter Combo
j.D+3, 2,2~B,B+MB, j.D+3, D+2, F+2~D,F+2 = 39-41?

Can we get some Pressure write up or general strategies? I still feel like Im mashing when I play Doomsday, lol. What do after a MB shoulder charge? Options off 3 or 33, any Supernova setups. What strings to use ES with, etc.. Anything like this would be great!

Is 11 22 or his only options for combo starters after the jid3? What are his options? I swear I was trying 12 and 23 and this bane player was just blocking that splash and punishing me before I could continue my strings! Any help would b appreciated!

cyke_out

Noob
Is 11 22 or his only options for combo starters after the jid3? What are his options? I swear I was trying 12 and 23 and this bane player was just blocking that splash and punishing me before I could continue my strings! Any help would b appreciated!
This is going to sound counter-intuitive but input the next normal, wither that is a 1, a 2 or a 3 while DD is still in the air. On block, if you do it correctly the opponent can't interrupt your next attack. they can however back dash and make whatever you do completely whiff leaving you free to punishment. of course you can do a venom charge and blow up that dash too.