What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If certain characters have absolutely no way of dealing with Slade, give them slight buffs to aid them.
Nerfing this early only brings the quality of the game down, because lets face it, nerfs are like pringles,
you're not going to stop with just one.

jaym7018

Noob
I am selling my game if that happens.

I am not going to waste my time playing a character for months only for my work to go down the toilet because some ignorant fools refuse to learn how to play the game.
Good riddance then. We need less people flocking to broken characters. I look forward to the mass exodus of brokestrokers if the charactef gets nerfed. Hopefully for the non pussys the character remains perfectly viable so they can learn a more balanced character.

Also depending on when he gets nerfed id like to buy your copy just make sure to wipe the tears off, im allergic.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Good riddance then. We need less people flocking to broken characters. I look forward to the mass exodus of brokestrokers if the charactef gets nerfed. Hopefully for the non pussys the character remains perfectly viable so they can learn a more balanced character.

Also depending on when he gets nerfed id like to buy your copy just make sure to wipe the tears off, im allergic.
You joined this month. I don't think you can declare a character broken.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
m2dave
You're arguing with someone who may quite possibly end up maining a character that is better than Deathstroke down the road.

When you're constantly defending characters like Killer Frost and Wonder Woman while tearing about Deathstroke it just goes to show you where the true agenda lies.

Sent from my mobile

I have not "constantly defended" Killer Frost or Wonder Woman. You're literally just making shit up.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dash and block is literally the way to get in on the character. That and jump whenever you feel it's smart. There's not really much to explain.

He doesn't keep you out forever. Seriously, it's literally just learning the matchup. I haven't had a problem with the matchup since REO revealed the way in before the game dropped.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Deathstroke is fine count me in. I have decided to use batman and deathstroke and if they nerf him I will cry tears of rage.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have not "constantly defended" Killer Frost or Wonder Woman. You're literally just making shit up.
You called Killer Frost a "decent" character on Twitter when REO explained the character's simple-minded 50/50 mix ups to me the other day.

Again, I have no problems admitting that Deathstroke may be very, very good. You, on the other hand, lie about it to fish for props.

aj1701

Noob

Gtfo of here scrub.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You called Killer Frost a "decent" character on Twitter when REO explained the character's simple-minded 50/50 mix ups to me the other day.

Again, I have no problems admitting that Deathstroke may be very, very good. You, on the other hand, lie about it to fish for props.

Do they not have sarcasm in Russia?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I am like a broken record here but I never seem to have problems playing against him with my Aquaman or GL to be honest. Might be the level of people I am playing or whatever.

Until he starts winning tournaments and a couple placing top 5 or so then I don't see what the problem is.

Just have to adapt or counter pick him with other characters that has better tricks to win.

Death

Noob
My fellow Deathstroke players,

ever since the game came out last week on Tuesday, Deathstroke and the players who use the character have been under constant attack. TestYourMight, Twitter, and Facebook have been submerged into an ocean full of tears and salt. Online scrubs and some tournament players alike are demanding that Deathstroke's zoning be toned down immediately. We cannot control what NRS decides to do, but what we can do is correct factually incorrect and/or misleading information. So if another deluded fool makes another "Deathstroke is superior to Kabal" or "Deathstroke rules all" thread on this website, do your best to counter and rectify the topic creator's arguments.

Learning a character is always difficult in a new fighting game. You have to learn new normal attacks, strings, combos, set ups, frame data, match ups, etc. A mere hotfix and/or patch can destroy months of practicing, testing, and fighting in a heartbeat. A vocal but misinformed minority can destroy all of your hard work, especially if you are tournament player.

I want all Deathstroke players' reflexes heighten. I want all of you armed and dangerous and ready to protect our favorite Injustice character. Post in this thread to confirm your participation as part of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition. We shall not allow that which happened to Kano happen to Deathstroke.

- m2dave, Zoning Master and Protector of Zoning

Also, special thanks to REO and Tom Brady, true knowledgeable and unbiased testers.

Participants of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition.

Breaker
I$AAC
karaokelove
Hitoshura
PLAYING TO W1N
RYX
Trini_Bwoi
Vagrant
Hes a cowards character. You can win with him with shitty fundamentals and zero spacing skills

lol @ all the scrubs saying just walk and duck bro. lol smh

I do not even know where to begin... I agree with M2Dave beyond words. Such a scrub mentality to cry about death stroke. How many of you actually when into training mode... recorded the sequence you are having trouble getting around... then tried to figure it out? This generation of games is so said. If they don't see a video on youtube explaining EXACTLY how to do it.... they will never figure it out. I bet the people complaining still get hit with the grenade from ducking.

Death Stroke is not hard to get in on. Just walk and block! 16 bit says this isn't good enough but thats it! uggghhhhhh sword flip is punishable by EVERY JAB IN THE GAME FOR HUGE DAMAGE. He lacks wakeup options (many characters at the right range can stuff ALL OF HIS OPTIONS) but how many of you scrubs tried to figure that out. People want to mindlessly run in and land huge combos and get mad when mindless rush down does not work.

But hey... the easiest thing to do is complain and wait for a youtube video telling you what to do. Ya DS can zone very well at 3 quarter and full screen range. At mid screen or closer he loses all zoning options due how minus his guns are. A random dash forward throw or overhead is my only real option at this range.

In the end i can sit here and explain until im blue in the face but learn to win. Learn to figure out tough concepts. Its the scrub thing to do to run to mommy and daddy (nrs) and tell me death stroke is beating you up and please tell him to stop.

you retards have not even figured out the real broken stuff in this game which is chaining into command grabs that land on hit or whiff... wait until reo/perfect legend/jr (rush down monsters) show you the real tough stuff in this game.

Go away scrubs. And if you a top player complaining? why? you have the tools to figure it out... so do it... keep the results to yourself... and blow up DS at tournaments when it matters.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I actually beat every single deathstroke today using LEX! I just had to slow down and be patient in getting in. I would take a lot of chip, but once I was in they were done. Im gonna have to take what I said back. Its way too early for me to be screaming NERF! I still think the mu is great
ly in strokes favor tho.

Death

Noob
Are you not the same guy who said Superman sucked?

16 Bit downplays his characters in a stealthy manner. You, on the other hand, just make shit up and do not even care when you get caught.
lol lets not get off track here. This is about DS. cmon dave you know hes bullshit lol

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Problem with the character is a majority of its players who will just get into a corner and shoot. Guns, guns, guns all day loooong...

Do not blame others for the fate of DS, blame the kids who just spam gunfire all day long, forsaking all other moves. Sounds to me instead of stretching out the coalition of DS, you need to police up your own scrub players.

But what your calling a problem is actually a fundamental part of fighting games. Its called zoning, not spamming, and it is difficult to deal with. We should all calm down and level up. To actually play deathstroke (from what I can tell) you don't want to be near your opponent. Ever pretty much. And if you make a mistake as deathstroke (like using the wrong gun at the wrong time) you get blown up. I love Zoners and I respect how hard it can be to zone properly. When you do it right, you Should be rewarded. So stay calm and mash ex low quick shot.

I am selling my game if that happens.

I am not going to waste my time playing a character for months only for my work to go down the toilet because some ignorant fools refuse to learn how to play the game.
Ya know... i placed top 8 at a few majors with out of the box raiden. they nerfed him almost 3 times. i stopped playing. i am with you.

NO KNEE JERK NERFS THIS TIME NRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Dave, that's the MK community. Let's face facts here. A character like Smoke, which requires no basis of fundamentals, or any common knowledge of the game winning tournaments while fishing for resets is A-okay. But a character that can actually zone? Nope, he's too OP, and destroys the game. Kenshi was okay though! The telekinetic brick wall was no problem!

This community is ass.
I never thought they were okay.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I am like a broken record here but I never seem to have problems playing against him with my Aquaman or GL to be honest. Might be the level of people I am playing or whatever.

Until he starts winning tournaments and a couple placing top 5 or so then I don't see what the problem is.

Just have to adapt or counter pick him with other characters that has better tricks to win.
Isn't what's in bold what should be the determining factor? Ares placed I think 7th in the WNF tourney and did DS make it into TOP 8 at Civil War? I know there's only been two tournies and not ALL THE TOP PLAYERS were present at either but is this hate based on an assumption that DS will ultimately reign supreme? I saw Aquaman and Batman make TOP 3 at both tournies, but since I really have no voice in this or any community will that be taken into account? Just because you're having issues with dealing with a character doesn't mean the character is always at fault.

RYX m2dave GGA 16 Bit REO

If certain characters have absolutely no way of dealing with Slade, give them slight buffs to aid them.
Nerfing this early only brings the quality of the game down, because lets face it, nerfs are like pringles,
you're not going to stop with just one.
let me know who you think has no options and i will tell you that you never went into training mode or saw a youtube video how to win

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
But what your calling a problem is actually a fundamental part of fighting games. Its called zoning, not spamming, and it is difficult to deal with. We should all calm down and level up. To actually play deathstroke (from what I can tell) you don't want to be near your opponent. Ever pretty much. And if you make a mistake as deathstroke (like using the wrong gun at the wrong time) you get blown up. I love Zoners and I respect how hard it can be to zone properly. When you do it right, you Should be rewarded. So stay calm and mash ex low quick shot.
Negative sir...
There is a MAJOR difference between spam and zoning. I respect zoning. I don't respect the people who do nothing other than 1 gun in corner the entire match.. Not pushing ANY other attack button- regardless of outcome. THAT is spam... No way around it.. AND it's what is gonna get your boy hooked up.