What's new

The Death of Zoning in Injustice: GAU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Green Arrow.
Green arrow isn't a conventional zoner, he has the same basic premise as hawk-eye in MvC3 where he has zoning utility but has hybrid ability to rush with some of the best of them. Slide, and chris G isn't going to be sitting more than a few inches away from the opponent at most given times.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
So then maybe people should ignore this person, so that they stop getting attention and stop acting that way?

Everyone will have their opinions, but when you people escalate it, magnify it, give it ALL your attention..........that just tells me everyone loves & wants more. Zoning is now dead is m2dave's prerogative, so let it be. The logic in the reactions here remind me of...............a heel in pro wrestling.

You fools love to get played.
The thing is though.. Through him playing "the heel" he is doing his character base a bigger disservice by acting this way than anything NRS has done or can do. Are you not considering the lurker who has no voice but listens to a "pro" opinion and sees this.. Over and over? They may be the one who brings DS to the top, but decide to never give it a go due to this "pros" wisdom.

ALL the trolling needs to die down.. And that goes for original poster as well as follow up posters.. Status should not give free passes.

jaym7018

Noob
Maaaaaaaan, Mk community is not on blast, zoning in Mk9 was insane (Kenshi, Freddy) but thankfully people found how to deal with it, problem was that they knew nothing about Freedy at that moment.

Im sorry but yes you all are. This guys mindeset is if i cant win soley with throwing out projectiles then zoning is dead. This leads me to believe he did exactly that to get top 8. This either means you are all frauds or zoning in mk is all kinds of FUBAR.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I don't have a problem with authority. I have a problem with incompetent authority.

I didn't come in here to solely troll a user. We're barely getting to the two month mark in Injustice. There's only been a couple of majors. The fact that m2dave, who's already gone on record as to saying Slade would never Top 8 in Injustice again after the nerfs only for it to happen at the very next major, has the audacity to come back in after he happens to have to deal with a new counter pick and declare the death of zoning because apparently none of them are worth it anymore? It's pathetic. The fact that he's a veteran who's played at the highest level makes it even worse. How does someone who play constantly with the best have absolutely no determination? No desire to actually grind things out? Why is it that his first response, his first thought process is to come online and whine about it?

I'm not as talented as a lot of people at the highest levels, don't have the same opportunities to consistently play with the best and I don't get the same benefit of the doubt when I say a single thing. I have to make up for that by grinding day in and day out, and every second I'm not grinding, I'm researching. I'm learning the data, I'm watching the matchups from many different players. And I NEVER assume I have completely figured out a character or a game, because as I've learned day in and day out, you will learn something new every day. The fact that people, high level or not, have the arrogance to believe that they have such a command and intelligence level to immediately dissect a game and decide if something isn't viable, or if the game is even quality or not disgusts me, and I take it as a direct insult.

Telling me to find the door? Maybe he should, because he obviously has absolutely no desire to put in the work. The fact that I go as hard as I can, as long as I can when it comes to discovering a game and grinding, and then see people FAR more talented than me whine is the ultimate disappointment.

So give me shit about my disgusting attitude, or my apparent trolling problem, I don't care. Some other mod can kick me off the board, I don't care. I'll still be doing what I do, grinding this game and any other I enjoy as hard as I can. It's unfortunate though that threads like these are allowed to live. It certainly saddens me that a lasting image for plenty of newer players from around the world who want to come and play this game will be of a lot of top players constantly acting like 5 year olds when something doesn't go their way.
People have opinions, and you may not like everyone's opinions, but that doesn't mean you need to come shit on someone else for it. Is that really that hard to understand?

I didn't think so. Hope you and everyone else knows the rules & if you want to see less of these kind of threads, start by ignoring them. Plain. And. Simple.
The thing is though.. Through him playing "the heel" he is doing his character base a bigger disservice by acting this way than anything NRS has done or can do. Are you not considering the lurker who has no voice but listens to a "pro" opinion and sees this.. Over and over? They may be the one who brings DS to the top, but decide to never give it a go due to this "pros" wisdom.

ALL the trolling needs to die down.. And that goes for original poster as well as follow up posters.. Status should not give free passes.
Its a public forum. If you don't agree with what someone is saying, ignore them. Stop giving them more reasons to keep doing what they do. m2dave is by all means allowed to share his opinions just like everyone else.

LEGEND

YES!
Green arrow isn't a conventional zoner, he has the same basic premise as hawk-eye in MvC3 where he has zoning utility but has hybrid ability to rush with some of the best of them. Slide, and chris G isn't going to be sitting more than a few inches away from the opponent at most given times.
he was joking

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Your right. Doesn't count.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Im sorry but yes you all are. This guys mindeset is if i cant win soley with throwing out projectiles then zoning is dead. This leads me to believe he did exactly that to get top 8. This either means you are all frauds or zoning in mk is all kinds of FUBAR.
I already told you, zoning was broken, just look at Kenshi for god sake. nobody knew how to deal with M2dave's freedy because nobody play Freddy before, why? BECAUSE IS F*CKING FREDDY KRUEGER. :16Bit

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Cyborg has a command grab, the uppercut, he has some strong zoning but he wouldn't have the strings he does if he were meant to only zone. Deathstroke's 231 string has more "zoning" in it than pretty much all of Cyborg's kit.

Or do you feel Morrigan is a conventional zoner because of soul fist? Because anyone can tell you shell kick makes her hella rushdown.
By your logic, zoners don't exist. There are no characters in any fighting game that can just sit back and chuck projectiles. They have to do something else. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The fact that people, high level or not, have the arrogance to believe that they have such a command and intelligence level to immediately dissect a game and decide if something isn't viable, or if the game is even quality or not disgusts me, and I take it as a direct insult.
Injustice is anything but a deep fighting game. If you know what to look for, you can determine the effectiveness of a character very quickly. You are apparently insecure as you seem to think only players like me can do so, which I never claimed.

I knew that Freddy was going to be tournament viable after fighting Master D. and REO for half an hour. When Freddy was toned down the following patch (i.e., damage reduction for as much as 15% on some combos), I still insisted that he was a tournament viable character because I knew he was. And now seeing how Injustice favors characters that rush down and do 50/50 mix ups, Deathstroke and Sinestro will have a very difficult time adjusting to this type of gameplay.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
By your logic, zoners don't exist. There are no characters in any fighting game that can just sit back and chuck projectiles. They have to do something else. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
Dhalsim.
Slow, slow normal attacks, literally nothing that would make him a rush down or let him naturally survive one.
Those full-screen pimp slaps, yoga fires, teleports, and the like let him get by but you'll very rarely if ever see a Dhalsim at top level trying to hit the opponent with anything that isn't yoga sniper or half screen covering.

He is what I would consider a zoner.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
No one gets a free pass, but newer members, such as the one who was keyboardwarriorfighting the forum staff are unable to discern motivations, and general posting behavior of older members.

For example before most of you all joined REO was trolling everyone in this forum saying he would use Kabals invincibilty glitch in tournament on stream at MLG and he should be allowed to do so or he wouldnt be playing Kabal to his full potential. Because of this huge influx of newer people, whether they signed up years ago and never kept up, or signed up yesterday and are reading the threads for the first time are flabbergasted at what goes on here. Itll take some time for you all to understand but thats how MK stayed alive, and soon after most of you stop playing injustice whether to play the next new game we will still be here.

Saitsu

Noob
People have opinions, and you may not like everyone's opinions, but that doesn't mean you need to come shit on someone else for it. Is that really that hard to understand?

I didn't think so. Hope you and everyone else knows the rules & if you want to see less of these kind of threads, start by ignoring them. Plain. And. Simple.

Its a public forum. If you don't agree with what someone is saying, ignore them. Stop giving them more reasons to keep doing what they do. m2dave is by all means allowed to share his opinions just like everyone else.

It's funny considering that you got mad for me questioning your authority when that is also an opinion.

And guess what? It's not up to me. You easily have the power to stop these threads if you wanted to, but you don't. As for people ignoring them? For every 10 people who ignore it, another 50 will come answer. And you know damn well that's the truth.

If this is the legacy you want your forum to run by, fine. I'll do as you say, I'll go do what I have been doing and keep progressing Nightwing. I just want you to sit there and know that by letting these threads live on your watch you're just showing the world that the community would rather whine first. And that's fine, I understand you like freedom of speech. Also understand that by being a moderator of the main forum for Injustice: Gods Among Us and its players you are indirectly responsible for the growth of the game. And possibly contrary to your belief, things like this have an effect on said growth. If this is okay with you, more power to you. I've said all I need or want to say. If you feel this is a victory, feel free to have it. You have the order you desire. I won't post in the thread again.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Dhalsim.
Slow, slow normal attacks, literally nothing that would make him a rush down or let him naturally survive one.
Those full-screen pimp slaps, yoga fires, teleports, and the like let him get by but you'll very rarely if ever see a Dhalsim at top level trying to hit the opponent with anything that isn't yoga sniper or half screen covering.

He is what I would consider a zoner.
So cyborg isn't a zoner, even though he can rely on his projectiles for most of the match?
I don't see alioune going in to hit people, with cyborg.

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's funny considering that you got mad for me questioning your authority when that is also an opinion.

And guess what? It's not up to me. You easily have the power to stop these threads if you wanted to, but you don't. As for people ignoring them? For every 10 people who ignore it, another 50 will come answer. And you know damn well that's the truth.

If this is the legacy you want your forum to run by, fine. I'll do as you say, I'll go do what I have been doing and keep progressing Nightwing. I just want you to sit there and know that by letting these threads live on your watch you're just showing the world that the community would rather whine first. And that's fine, I understand you like freedom of speech. Also understand that by being a moderator of the main forum for Injustice: Gods Among Us and its players you are indirectly responsible for the growth of the game. And possibly contrary to your belief, things like this have an effect on said growth. If this is okay with you, more power to you. I've said all I need or want to say. If you feel this is a victory, feel free to have it. You have the order you desire. I won't post in the thread again.
You really don't get it, but alright dude. Alright. -_-

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly by this point, I could care less because I play Bane. If zoning is gone, that's just good for me.

Do I believe its gone? I know it isn't because I play Bane. Being one of only two projectile-less characters, its obvious when you look at it. However, do I believe that it has weakened? Yes, that's undeniable. For people who rely on zoning as their main strategy, yes zoning is quite literally "dead" for them. They will have to use more tools and be smarter overall and can no longer rely on said "zoning" as a cornerstone.

Plain and simple. M2Dave says its dead and as a person who uses the zoning tools more than anyone his opinion is actually one that I would trust on this believe it or not. Zoning in injustice, for what it was and what it did, is no longer a viable option.

lawzoers

Noob
"Conventional zoning" as you call it, is no more in Injustice. Zoning characters have to use non related zoning tools to prosper when they are clearly outclassed by other characters in this area (rushdown).

That's the whole point of this thread and OP's frustation.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So cyborg isn't a zoner, even though he can rely on his projectiles for most of the match?
I don't see alioune going in to hit people, with cyborg.
He has tools that let him operate up close. He has a better ranged game, but compare his kit to Dhalsim's slow close range horrendously unsafe options and tell me they are the same.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
"Conventional zoning" as you call it, is no more in Injustice. Zoning characters have to use non related zoning tools to prosper when they are clearly outclassed by other characters in this area (rushdown).

That's the whole point of this thread and OP's frustation.
I literally said the exact same thing directly above your post. Hivemind, activate.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
I don't have a problem with authority. I have a problem with incompetent authority.

I didn't come in here to solely troll a user. We're barely getting to the two month mark in Injustice. There's only been a couple of majors. The fact that m2dave, who's already gone on record as to saying Slade would never Top 8 in Injustice again after the nerfs only for it to happen at the very next major, has the audacity to come back in after he happens to have to deal with a new counter pick and declare the death of zoning because apparently none of them are worth it anymore? It's pathetic. The fact that he's a veteran who's played at the highest level makes it even worse. How does someone who play constantly with the best have absolutely no determination? No desire to actually grind things out? Why is it that his first response, his first thought process is to come online and whine about it?

I'm not as talented as a lot of people at the highest levels, don't have the same opportunities to consistently play with the best and I don't get the same benefit of the doubt when I say a single thing. I have to make up for that by grinding day in and day out, and every second I'm not grinding, I'm researching. I'm learning the data, I'm watching the matchups from many different players. And I NEVER assume I have completely figured out a character or a game, because as I've learned day in and day out, you will learn something new every day. The fact that people, high level or not, have the arrogance to believe that they have such a command and intelligence level to immediately dissect a game and decide if something isn't viable, or if the game is even quality or not disgusts me, and I take it as a direct insult.

Telling me to find the door? Maybe he should, because he obviously has absolutely no desire to put in the work. The fact that I go as hard as I can, as long as I can when it comes to discovering a game and grinding, and then see people FAR more talented than me whine is the ultimate disappointment.

So give me shit about my disgusting attitude, or my apparent trolling problem, I don't care. Some other mod can kick me off the board, I don't care. I'll still be doing what I do, grinding this game and any other I enjoy as hard as I can. It's unfortunate though that threads like these are allowed to live. It certainly saddens me that a lasting image for plenty of newer players from around the world who want to come and play this game will be of a lot of top players constantly acting like 5 year olds when something doesn't go their way.

AMEN.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
He has tools that let him operate up close. He has a better ranged game, but compare his kit to Dhalsim's slow close range horrendously unsafe options and tell me they are the same.
I'm not saying they're the same. But if cyborg has the tools to win matches while almost solely relying on projectiles, he's a zoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.