What's new

The Death of Zoning in Injustice: GAU

Status
Not open for further replies.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Are you retarded? Smoke bomb is slower than fear blast . And it is undisputed fact humans cant react faster than 21 frames lrn 2 science.
Sinestros projectile starts in 9 frames, but it takes longer than 9 frames for it to reach fullscreen, so yeah, you might have some time to react to it with Batgirl.

Uber

Noob
Lol lol At Jay. Just Go To Practice Mode And Try To Teleport On Reaction From Across Thr Screen. Its Not Hard. Those Projectiles MoVe So Slow. 15 Frames Is The Amount Of Time It Takes To Leave Sinestros Hands.

Uber

Noob
Lol lol At Jay. Just Go To Practice Mode And Try To Teleport On Reaction From Across Thr Screen. Its Not Hard. Those Projectiles MoVe So Slow. 15 Frames Is The Amount Of Time It Takes To Leave Sinestros Hands.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
What are you talking about dude.
Dude stop complaining. If someone hit you with a spear its your fault for not blocking, and if they hit you with a slow ass teleport it's also your fault.
What the fuck are you even talking about? I made a joke about the day 1 scorps who didn't know how to play the character back in mk9. I wasn't even referring to injustice scorpion. And I never thought him as a character was scrubby in mk I actually thought he was bad and bodied every scorp i ever played. Man you can't say anything on this site any more without a random person who didn't even read your post starting an argument.

jaym7018

Noob
How is practice mode gonna do anything. Its not reacting if i know its coming thats called making a read.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Are you just bad? Seriously lrn 2 math. And lrn 2 proper frame data while youre at it because math is definitely your weak spot...

I laid it out all in front of you with that post. Not my fault you're not knowledgable enough to understand it to better yourself

Jaym is failing so hard xD

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If anything, zoning is still very good, and arguably at the same level, if not better, when you consider that there are also system mechanics aiding zoners as well. MK9 didn't have that...why do you think only 1 pure zoning character was actually competitive?
Push block and the clash system do favor zoning characters in several ways, but you have to have good zoning characters who can take advantage of these tools. What am I supposed to do with fireballs that have 100+ frames of total recovery even if they have fast start up frames? Nothing. The irony is that this game now heavily favors rush and 50/50 mix up characters. Sinestro is arguably the "purest" zoning character, yet he may not even be top 15.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I dont care cuz Im picking up scorpion I think ... not sure yet. DS and Scorp look like good team to go with.

I suggest you do the same. Im sure dave you can play more than one character :)

Uber

Noob
How is practice mode gonna do anything. Its not reacting if i know its coming thats called making a read.
Dude. Did You Even Try It? At Full Screen, Those Projectiles Dont Hit Until Like Frame 40. Well Within The Reactable Window

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I dont care cuz Im picking up scorpion I think ... not sure yet. DS and Scorp look like good team to go with.

I suggest you do the same. Im sure dave you can play more than one character :)
If I decide to use Scorpion, I do not need Deathstroke. If you use an S tier character, you do not need a low mid tier to back you up.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
If I decide to use Scorpion, I do not need Deathstroke. If you use an S tier character, you do not need a low mid tier to back you up.
For me using one character all the time is just too boring :p But Im not a tournament player ;)

What the fuck are you even talking about? I made a joke about the day 1 scorps who didn't know how to play the character back in mk9. I wasn't even referring to injustice scorpion. And I never thought him as a character was scrubby in mk I actually thought he was bad and bodied every scorp i ever played. Man you can't say anything on this site any more without a random person who didn't even read your post starting an argument.
I'm not arguing. I read your post. I'm not talking about injustice scorpion. You are complaining about fuzzy guarding, being hit by spears and his exremely slow teleport. You have no grounds for complaining, the game has been out for 2 years. Learn how to block properly and stop complaining. If you bodied every scorp player you ever played, then you are not playing the right people.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Rathalos shaowebb read the last 5 pages of this thread and tell me it's on topic at all. :) I vote to close.

Oh and the premise of this topic is ridiculous. Does anyone remember Deathstroke = Kano 2.0 by m2dave? Equally stupid.

By the way, NRS is making MINOR changes, incrementally roughly every 2-3 weeks. They aren't creating Kabals or Kanos. Those of you saying you don't want to create tech because you're scared it'll be irrelevant in two weeks are such drama queens it hurts.

m2dave you travel to tournaments consistently and call yourself a pro when it fits your argument, then say you aren't very good when that fits better. You also consistently drastically exaggerate personal problems you have and then blame the game. Your complete and utter inability to use anything that doesn't fall into projectile or teleport categories is laughable.

And yet you're still allowed to make threads like this. The statement that zoning is dead in this game is a complete cover for "I can't teleport and throw fast recovering projectiles the entire match". It's not that Injustice favors rush down, it's that you have to play as intelligently as your rush down opponent has to at a distance like they would when up close. Tim Static this is the heart of my problem with m2daves trend of posts. This thread is based on a fabrication so that Dave can bitch as hard as he can under the guise of making a real argument.

Zoning is DEAD? Give me a fucking break. Give TYM a fucking break.

m2dave here's a protip from a casual such as myself: something I picked up from watching Diago in SFIV - bait Scorpions teleport with a fast enough recovering standing 1 or 2 if they react with teleport. Undermine their confidence in using that move.

Oh wait, nevermind. You'd have no idea how to punish his blocked teleport punch.

Ninj

Do you follow major Injustice tournaments? Name me the last major a zoning character has won. This "zoning characters rule Injustice" perception exists only in your head.
Green Arrow comes to mind. He has 5 different projectiles. Sounds like a zoner to me. His up close game also revolves around those projectiles.

Here's the real problem you clown - you've never defined what a zoner is. How about you specifically define what exact characteristics make up a "zoner" so the rest of us can understand what you're talking about.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Green Arrow comes to mind. He has 5 different projectiles. Sounds like a zoner to me. His up close game also revolves around those projectiles.

Here's the real problem you clown - you've never defined what a zoner is. How about you specifically define what exact characteristics make up a "zoner" so the rest of us can understand what you're talking about.
Zoner does not mean they use projectiles. It means they rely on spacing.

This thread is full of fail.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
To be fair, MK games have NEVER had traditional zoning, so it only makes sense that this NRS game is the same way. I've mentioned this many times before.

NRS just loves to make moves that do things like hit near-instantly full-screen, or quickly teleport behind someone and attack. Then you have space control moves like Cyrax bombs which force you to move since they're unblockable. Yeah, Dormammu has pillars that can hit you anywhere on screen, but they're not unblockable. Kenshi sure as hell wouldn't have been such a strong zoner in MK9 if every EX move didn't have armor on it.

This all makes it very, very difficult to play a traditional zoning game in MK9. Zoning is about frustrating your opponent and keeping them out. It's difficult to have a gameplan to do that when your opponents can hit you with a low from fullscreen, or instantly teleport behind you and attack. There's no real need to "get in."

I don't imagine that any NRS game will ever see the equivalent of Guile. NRS doesn't structure their games that way.

drift221

Shocking Your System
Zoning is dead in Injustice. Batgirl and Scorpion are only a nail in the coffin. Allow me to explain please by focusing on the so-called zoning characters of this game.

Cyborg - high execution for no reward. Cyborg has no footsies, no damage, and no pressure strings. Work hard to master instant aerial nova blasters only to be disappointed by the character's lack of tools. Why bother with Cyborg?

RIP zoning in Injustice.

No problem with Cyborg over here. People just don't take the time to learn him. Once you do you can't be stopped.

Ninj

Zoner does not mean they use projectiles. It means they rely on spacing.

This thread is full of fail.
If a character who relies on spacing is a zoner, every character is by default a zoner.

Unless I missed something and every character has full screen normals and no one has to move to fight on the game?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Ninj
I just read the last 5 pages like you said. The whole thing. While it sort of stayed on topic to the whole "zoning dead or not dead" thing folks were going on about this thread doesn't really contribute a whole lot. Its just sort of...grumping. When you have problems just take them into the lab and stay calm is how I see it. I see what your getting at, but this thread pretty much devolved into something where no one will be able to get anything out of it if they wanted at this point.

EDIT: Naw. Fuck it let it rock. Just try to stay on topic and discuss the meta. If it continues to fall apart in here though I'll give it a mercy killing. Just try to actually discuss meta more.

Is zoning actually easy to deal with now or not? Are people consistently getting around it in tournies or not?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I'm not arguing. I read your post. I'm not talking about injustice scorpion. You are complaining about fuzzy guarding, being hit by spears and his exremely slow teleport. You have no grounds for complaining, the game has been out for 2 years. Learn how to block properly and stop complaining. If you bodied every scorp player you ever played, then you are not playing the right people.
haha ? what all i said was his 50/50 could not be fuzzy guarded i never complained at all are you another crazy DGOD

Status
Not open for further replies.