What's new

The Cheapest Character in UMK3.

TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
i know it might seem like im complaining but im not. But i agree with Mario on the invisablity. Its just that robosmoke annoy's the HELL out of me!
I'll be sure to pick him when we run into each other again. :lol:

Mario

Noob
As for the topic, the cheapest character is without a doubt Kabal -- when used by an expert UMK3 player who is good at using his reverse spins to defeat cross-ups. Most of the online players that I've played against don't use him that well, and so I generally have less trouble with him than say Human Smoke. But against an expert Kabal, I'm nearly hopeless at my current skill level.

Boostjunkie said:
i know it might seem like im complaining but im not. But i agree with Mario on the invisablity. Its just that robosmoke annoy's the HELL out of me!
I'll be sure to pick him when we run into each other again. :lol:
Anihilator, you can beat me with any character you bastard!!!jk
But still if you pick him i cant be held accountable for my actions!

i still think its kabal, i hate thinking so much when plahing vs him. You cant even rush him after knockdown because of that broken webspin

What I'm trying to say is that Robosmoke is way too easy to use.
If you jump towards him, he TU's and into a combo.
If you run towards him, he can spear you.

I'm not saying he's unbeatable, or "the best" character or nething like that. Just that if some1 who is a "newb" can get 40%... thats just stupid.
He's easy to defend, but sometimes i wonder if the people who use him are any good?!>
was easy in the mk3 ^_^ but here... in umk3, is not that easy to play with it (at least two high level players) and if im noob i prefer to pick up noob saibot (from mkt) or cyrax from umk3 (b,b,lk for the net and a chain kombo that could be done just if you push HP and HK at the same time and then in the last kick just hold back for a while you´re pressing HP and HK), Kabal (b,f,lk for spin, and then just press HP and then d hp for a launch kombo)

Shaney

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
I don't think Kabal is cheap. He's perfectly counterable with karajabs, and if they accidentally do a ground fireball, you can counter them pretty well.

If I do think anyone is cheap.. It's Sonya. The leg grab has a deceptive hit range, and you have to be ducking and blocking. That bike kick, I have yet to defeat it in the air...
i agree about sonya's leg grab

Shaney

Noob
Pipa-Boy said:
i still think its kabal, i hate thinking so much when plahing vs him. You cant even rush him after knockdown because of that broken webspin
thats why u should rush and right before u get to him, block...that usually baits some people into doing the spin

Shaney

Noob
Robosmoke hands down.
He can telepunch=cheap
He can dissapear=cheap
His combo is sooo easy to do and must newbs can get 40% no problem.
His spear is cheap cause he has an underground layer that he goes down into and then comes up and hits u in the face, then uses that crappy spear.
And his throw is cheap!
u can say hes cheap, but their are easy ways to beat him

I think Kabal is cheap no matter what. His spin is so broken half the time it hits me its more like a glitch than an actual hit.

Rsmoke I think isn't neccesarily "cheap" but he's annoying and overused. Some rsmokers are simple but some are extremely difficult.

x099x

Noob
I dislike R. Smoke because he has a ridiculously low learning curve to the point where anyone could play the game for a total of five minutes and be able to land a 45% combo with him.

Kabal is #1 on the cheapest characters guide. Without a doubt.

RoboSmoke is easy to counter. Unless you're playing Master Boomstix.

ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
Pipa-Boy said:
thats why u should rush and right before u get to him, block...that usually baits some people into doing the spin
insert low punch in between running and blocking

ded_ said:
cheapest characters in umk3: kabal, hsmoke :lol:
No one ever Really Calls H smoke As cheap as he really is. 1 Move should not lead to so much damage. Especially one that requires virtually no start up and starts low. Plus he can easily get behind you with the Telepunch and that spear also leads to some good combos as well. Male Ninja RH and uppercut lead to a very cheap character. On the Same token though, none of his special moves (Spin, teleport uppercut, ect) as broken. It's just his potential.

hsmoke can lead pretty easily to some deadly combos, but I feel he takes MUCH more practice than rsmoke. Also, hsmoke I feel is very easy to stop. Normally when I lose to hsmoke, it's due to moves like throws, trips, jumpkicks, and telepunches. very rarily do I go on a ride with a 50% combo.

ded

Elder God
what makes hsmoke cheap is his run jab pressure/and placement, mixing it with knees and easy lead into 50%+ juggles and that he is overal faster than all characters.

I don't really think any character in UMK3 is cheap. Overall it's a very balenced game, on the whole any character can beat any other character as long as the player has the skill. If i had to choose the cheapest character it would probably be Kabal as when your playing a kabal you have to react to him more or less compleatly. But like I said with the right skill you can beat him with almost anyone, just cause someone picks kabal it doesn't mean he will win

Ah man my first post here has to defend my character.

I agree RSmoke can be annoying, but not cheap!

The teleport uppercut can get me into just as much trouble as I can cause.

reptile329 said:

"your character"...? ummm whats your Gt? i must see "your" robo smoke!

reptile329 said:

"your character"...? ummm whats your Gt? i must see "your" robo smoke!

hahaha :)