What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimTim

Don't Hate
After seeing Reo put in some work I've decided to pick big dick grayson back up.
i've been having trouble on okie.
Idk whether I should end my shit in flip or j.3 wing ding.

Saitsu

Noob
Flip Kick for Oki, j3 xx Wing Ding for damage.

And like I've said elsewhere, if REO played Nightwing more and had more knowledge with him (not that I blame him for not having it, Batman's his main), he would've been in Winner's Side for GF.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
After seeing Reo put in some work I've decided to pick big dick grayson back up.
Flip would be better due to better positioning

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

And like I've said elsewhere, if REO played Nightwing more and had more knowledge with him (not that I blame him for not having it, Batman's his main), he would've been in Winner's Side for GF.
yep. Dick runs over aquaman.

TimTim

Don't Hate

What can I do post flip?
Throw
B2
F3
Mb Flip Kick
ANd I guess d3 but thats ass.

Saitsu

Noob
What can I do post flip?
Throw
B2
F3
Mb Flip Kick
ANd I guess d3 but thats ass.
Don't do F3. If they duck, you'll whiff completely.

Your main options are b2 (and any cancel you want after if you decide to go that route) or another Flip Kick, MB'd if you desire.

You can also just put them in a string and do shit off of that too.

Throwing is fine I guess, but Dick's throws are extremely counterintuitive for him.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Are you asking for our opinion? It boils down to positioning. Mid screen? Always go for the hard knockdown. Corner? Take the damage.

DuskAlloy

Don't do F3. If they duck, you'll whiff completely.

Your main options are b2 (and any cancel you want after if you decide to go that route) or another Flip Kick, MB'd if you desire.

You can also just put them in a string and do shit off of that too.

Throwing is fine I guess, but Dick's throws are extremely counterintuitive for him.
I don't agree with the throw part, his back throw has decent positioning, but I will say that his forward throw is ass and should be avoided

Saitsu

Noob
I don't agree with the throw part, his back throw has decent positioning, but I will say that his forward throw is ass and should be avoided
It's decent but I'd still say throwing is more of a "do it once, just to make people respect the option".

DuskAlloy

It's decent but I'd still say throwing is more of a "do it once, just to make people respect the option".
Right I agree, but it is still an option you have on wake up so it might be good for mixing it up

DuskAlloy

So what do you guys recommend?
I usually go with MB flip kick if my opponent is bad so I can combo and finish the match quicker, but if the opponent is smart then it is basically a guess if he knows my option, but either way back 2 is safe and so is flip kick so go nuts

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I usually go with MB flip kick if my opponent is bad so I can combo and finish the match quicker, but if the opponent is smart then it is basically a guess if he knows my option, but either way back 2 is safe and so is flip kick so go nuts
I don't mean to be a dick (yes the rude kind) but regular flipkick isn't safe. I'm not sure about MB flipkick since it's 2 hits.

DuskAlloy

Also dont forget that most likely you will be spending the majority of match ups in staff stance so be sure to look up options for that too

DuskAlloy

I don't mean to be a dick (yes the rude kind) but regular flipkick isn't safe. I'm not sure about MB flipkick since it's 2 hits.
Really, I guess I read the wrong info, I know mb flip is safe but I forgot the frames of it, does anyone remember the disadvantage of regular flip kick?

TimTim

Don't Hate
Or if you want to be really grimy...

b2 xx Flip Kick

or

b2~4 xx MB Ground Blast.
Thats dirty son.
I honest to god think Dick can be top tier. He got the tools.
The only thing I hate is his throws and clashing revert him back to escrima. Fuck dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.