What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

kikeuy

Noob
This doesn´t work on small chars ( Hawkgirl , Killer Frost , Raven , Catwoman , Nightwing , Flash, Batgirl and probably some others) but it is so braindead easy that must be here.
On cornered opponent : crossup j2 > b2 , 3 >MB air grapple > NJ 3 > b2 , 3 > rb > Ji3 > b2 , 3 (up to 58%)
Most of the time does 57%. rb with 2 bats will do the trick , but dmg will go down to 56%.
You can make it more flashy (but is WAY MORE HARD and loose corner pressure) doing:
crossup j2 > b2 , 3 >MB air grapple > NJ 3 > b2 , 3 > rb > B3 > Ji3 > Scattered bombs (up to 57%)
Agaist the smaller chars you can go:
crossup j2 > b2 , 3 >MB grapple > Jump across > B3 > Ji3 > b2, 3 > rb > Ji3 > b2 , 3 (up to 53%)

His recovery off d2 on hit is pretty slow so most I can get meterless is b23 for like 16%. You can do like d2 into ex up rang or sky hook for around 26%-29%
Also, you can do D2 and cancel into trait, to reduce the recovery time. That way you can go for:

D2 > cb > 123 > b23 > rb > grapple

It`s something... D2 as a combo starter should only be used in the Aquaman matchup though (where it is REALLY useful!). Also, I tried

D2 > cb > 123 > b2 > rb > b3 >...

And managed to connect the b3 once in 10 minutes, then did j3 and dropped LOL. It is not pracctical AT ALL, but is swag and would look very cool in a combo video... but should NEVER be used in a real match.
Edit: Reptile Orion , since he was the one who asked.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Not sure if these have been posted before, didn't see them in the OP but I been messing around with some practical stage interaction combos. The first I have costs 1 bar and can be done off the batcomputer in the batcave or any bounce interactions.

123, B.2( May have to walk forward a little) SI, Up Batarang MB, J.3, B.23 40%

The second I have is more of a combo starter but off any interactable where you can plant a bomb and the bomb connects, you can usually grapple and MB for a full combo, depending on if you're in the corner or not will result in the type of combo. Something like this though

SIxxD, Grapple MB, 223, B.3, J.3, B.23 for midscreen or

SIxxD, Grapple MB, F.3, J.2, 123, B.23, Bf.3 in the corner. I don't have damages off hand but this is just an idea, I haven't tried to find the most damaging yet.

The third thing I found could be used in almost any combo involving a B.3, essentially depending on the stage, if there's an
intractable Batman can grab and throw from the air, then it can be used for extra free damage.

223, B.3, J. SI

The best examples I could give for this would be in the Asylums in the mess hall. If you land the B.3 and jump, and end up in front of those masks, then throw it for free damage before they can tech out instead of going for a j.2 or j.3 .

kikeuy

Noob
Check this 58% combo(is not mine) :

If you change the Scattered bombs for b2, 3 it does 60%. The combo is hard to do(at least for me) but the dmg is nuts.

Malady

Noob
Hello everyone, I've just started playing Injustice about a week ago and am currently maining Batman. I've been having a problem ever since day one of not being able to meter burn Batman's sky grapple or regular grapple in combos during online matches. It's getting incredibly frustrating. I scoured over these forums and on youtube to see if anyone shares this problem, but it seems to be only me. My apologies in advance if I am just a tard and it is actually quite easy. In training mode it is braindead easy to meter burn grapples - just press MB any time in-between the first hit and the second hit - but in every match I have had online after inputting simple strings like 123 b2 or b113 b2 into MB sky grapple the meter burn has seriously not come out one single time. I feel like I've tried every variation of timing on pressing MB as well: right after the grapple connects, right after he says "get down", right when the character smashes against the ground, hell, I've even tried mashing the button furiously for the entire duration of the move and it doesn't come out. I have the same problem with the straight grapple, but that move meter burns perhaps once out of every seven times I land it, compared to the absolute zero times the sky grapple has meter burned. Is there a trick to getting this to work online? If this has been answered already please refer me to it and feel free to delete this post. Also, if this is just not working for me, what are Batman's most damaging combos without using grapples? Thanks.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Hello everyone, I've just started playing Injustice about a week ago and am currently maining Batman. I've been having a problem ever since day one of not being able to meter burn Batman's sky grapple or regular grapple in combos during online matches. It's getting incredibly frustrating. I scoured over these forums and on youtube to see if anyone shares this problem, but it seems to be only me. My apologies in advance if I am just a tard and it is actually quite easy. In training mode it is braindead easy to meter burn grapples - just press MB any time in-between the first hit and the second hit - but in every match I have had online after inputting simple strings like 123 b2 or b113 b2 into MB sky grapple the meter burn has seriously not come out one single time. I feel like I've tried every variation of timing on pressing MB as well: right after the grapple connects, right after he says "get down", right when the character smashes against the ground, hell, I've even tried mashing the button furiously for the entire duration of the move and it doesn't come out. I have the same problem with the straight grapple, but that move meter burns perhaps once out of every seven times I land it, compared to the absolute zero times the sky grapple has meter burned. Is there a trick to getting this to work online? If this has been answered already please refer me to it and feel free to delete this post. Also, if this is just not working for me, what are Batman's most damaging combos without using grapples? Thanks.
Try playing people you know are in your area to see if it's just lag making it difficult. Injustice has been kinda crappy to great for me with the netcode but I play on ps3. His most damaging combos don't involve his grapple from my experience, but they're easier and more consistent to hit. My most damaging bnb is
123, B.2xx Up Batarang MB, B.3, J.3, B.23 - Forgot the exact perecent but I believe its 42%
Or
223, B.3, J.3, B.23 - 37%
Or
223, J.3, 123, B.23 -37%(which is probably the most online friendly combo he has, the trickiest timing is with the 123 and getting the 3 to connect)

jrock920

Noob
sorry if this somebody had this input but i found a combo with trait its j2 123 3 mb sky grapple j2 b23 rb mb straight grapple 22 bbmb stage transition for 54%

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Also, you can do D1 and cancel into trait, to reduce the recovery time. That way you can go for:

D1 > cb > 123 > b23 > rb > grapple

It`s something... D1 as a combo starter should only be used in the Aquaman matchup though (where it is REALLY useful!). Also, I tried

D1 > cb > 123 > b2 > rb > b3 >...

And managed to connect the b3 once in 10 minutes, then did j3 and dropped LOL. It is not pracctical AT ALL, but is swag and would look very cool in a combo video... but should NEVER be used in a real match.
Edit: Reptile Orion , since he was the one who asked.
Do you mean d2?

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Any tips for getting the b3 consistently in combos ?
Do not press B3, but TAP it so there is no hesitation in the move since it can be charged. Also tap b3 as SOON as the final hit of each string is performed. Tap b3 on the last hit of or before each string( 113/223) finishes and nothing will come out, tap b3 too late after the last hit of the string and you'll miss your target. It's all timing, and once you get the rhythm you'll hit it consistently.

I just got the game ,and I was wondering if anyone on XBL would be willing to help me out? Like what are best combos to use? I like using the 2,2,3 ji3, 1,2,3, b2,3 ,rb, hook as my midscreen bnb AA: B2 , ex batarang, b3, ji3, b2,3 I haven't worked on any corner combos. I try to use b,1,1 strings and b2 ,3 for pressure. My question is about stuff like getting in on zoners. My only way to get in has been using trait, and ex grapple

Also, simple stuff like clashes I don't know how to do.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
DI searched all 11 pages of this thread & didn't see any of these strings I'm about to post. It's probably common knowledge, but bare with me lol.

after 113 you can dash and then do 123. Didn't see anyone post that so there you go.
113 dash 123, b2, Ex grapple etc...

Also after 123 it's possible to do a J2, and as the opponents falling down D2, then Sky grapple.
123, J2, D2, Sky grapple, etc...

Didn't see anyone post that so there you go.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
DI searched all 11 pages of this thread & didn't see any of these strings I'm about to post. It's probably common knowledge, but bare with me lol.

after 113 you can dash and then do 123. Didn't see anyone post that so there you go.

Also after 123 it's possible to do a J2, and as the opponents falling down D2, then Sky grapple.

What kind of damage do you get off combos like that?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
What kind of damage do you get off combos like that?
113 dash 123, b2, MB Grapple, B11, trait, F3, J3, 123, release bats, b2+3

JI2, 113, MB Straight Grapple, B11, trait, JI2, 112, batarang, release bats, JI2, 123, J2, D2, MB Sky Grapple, B3, JI2, Sparks.

Those are just examples. Get the idea?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

After a 113 you can get a j3 123 if the b3 is giving you too much trouble. Doing d2 combo scales hardcore so I can't see these doing anywhere near what you could get off these combo starters.

Durango

Enhancer
I'm having trouble with some of these bnbs. Granted, this is my first time playing seriously, so I suppose it's to be expected. In Batman's case, it's really the timing from 223 b3 and landing from j3 into b23. For the first one, they seem to slip right under b3 even if I mash the command. For the second one, when I land into b23, it seems to only read the b3 portion of it, messing up the combo.

Is anyone else having this issue?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I'm having trouble with some of these bnbs. Granted, this is my first time playing seriously, so I suppose it's to be expected. In Batman's case, it's really the timing from 223 b3 and landing from j3 into b23. For the first one, they seem to slip right under b3 even if I mash the command. For the second one, when I land into b23, it seems to only read the b3 portion of it, messing up the combo.

Is anyone else having this issue?
I had problems when I first started. All I can say is practice in practice mode for about an hour. It is second nature to me now.

Im learning the timing of the B3 off a combo string too. It seems like a narrow window right after you finish the string but not too long after. Like a split second hesitation.