What's new

The Artist Thread

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I drew some guns last weekend for an animated film I'm working on.

I'm still in preproduction on the film but I share all my updates on my blog: http://snowdayfilm.blogspot.com/

Cheers, I love art threads :)

Oh! Almost forgot, I teach animation at AI Minnesota, here is our blog for student work: http://mnmaa.tumblr.com/

Also, we made this short film in just 24 hours, enjoy RESPECT THE BURGER!!!

And, last post I swear! I've shared this in other places already but we worked so hard on it it's worth sharing again. This is a short film I helped with that played at over 30 film festivals last year and is a staff pick on Vimeo:
Cool stuff man.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Just need to finish the top of the middle tree, the tree's hand, the horns, the faces, and touch ups on the landscape.

Last edited:

Geoduck

Halfasser
There are a few little details that can't be captured by the likes of a phone camera, unfortunately.

Also, the green parts glow brightly in the dark.

1st off: Nice dorm

2nd: Where do you get your inspiration from, and what style of art would you call the paintings you craft? To me, its vaguely similar to rorschach stuff.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I just classify it as organic abstract. I'm big on symmetry/semi-symmetry as well, and both of those things kind of do give a few of my paintings a rorschach sort of feel.

Nothing usually inspires most of my paintings, I jut draw forms and go off of them until I make something I think is interesting. I wanted to do something with skulls, and I also wanted to do something with a woman in it again, I ended up deciding to just combine them. When I starting sketching out forms I kind of ended up making vaguely moth/butterfly-esque figures and thought it fit everything else pretty well.

Really the background(which imo is the funnest part to make) was finished months ago and is magenta layered on top of a blue-violet via sponge and water. The background eventuallly turned into the dress and the rest was painted over with the darker magenta-violet for contrast. Honestly I was throwing ideas at the wall trying to figure out something to put on in it and it ended up being what it is now, for a second I was going to do some kind of weird heart-thing but I couldn't seem to get a solid design down for it.

I'm in the same process with my current painting.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yo, I'm in a band and we are looking for a band logo to be made. Figured I would ask you guys since a lot of you really know your stuff. Name of the band is Faux Show Fox. Credit will be given if we use your design. Let me know if you can help me out, thanks.

shig

kool guy

I've started to mess around in Source Filmmaker like two months ago and made a super cutesy girly video at the request of my girlfriend. This is the first SFM thing that I actually put serious work into, it sucks a lot but I'm proud of how much I learned.

The only other things I've made before this were little animation tests: