What's new

The 3 types of fighting gamers (which one is you?)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Imagine that every guy that plays fighting game has these 3 stats, that can define their playstyle or quality, like a sort of stats that can improve over time and can define a lot of how you play:

Brains: These players spend most of the time labbing and finding the most use of every possible situation, they're called mostly lab monsters, they're calm and will exploit the max of every optimal situation

Heart: Those are the high risk takers, or in the most common occasions Clutch players, this is where brains are limited, Heart players will mostly do something one doesn't expect at some point of the match or at multiple points of the match, they can be very unpredictable

Body: These are the execution maniacs, enjoy playing high barrier execution type of characters, do big combo damages and so on, like Sakonoko does. But these players mostly lack heart or brains.

While there is a characteristic thing that will identify you more than the other, we all share all these 3 qualities, but they work as a sort of attribute points, where one can excel more at some far more than others, based on this chart, going by: Brains, Heart, Body, on a scale of 1 to 5 what do you think your rating is? Also, what do you think other top players are?

For example, (having these numbers like 5 first doesn't mean they are sequential are only highlighting each one of the perks that one excels at the most):
Me: 534
F0xy Grampa: 544 for example
Sonic Fox : 455

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I Saw This Video A While Ago And I Thought It Was Superb. I'm A Heart Player Once I Boiled Down To It. I Have A Little Bit Of Each One But Its More Of Heart Than Anything Else. If I Had To Chose Other Than Those Then It Would Have To Be Body!

Matix218

Get over here!

Imagine that every guy that plays fighting game has these 3 stats, that can define their playstyle or quality, like a sort of stats that can improve over time and can define a lot of how you play:

Brains: These players spend most of the time labbing and fighting the most use of every possible situation, they're called mostly lab monsters

Heart: Those are the high risk takers, or in the most common occasions Clutch players, this is where brains are limited, Heart players will mostly do something one doesn't expect at some point of the match or at multiple points of the match, they can be very unpredictable

Body: These are the execution maniacs, enjoy playing high barrier execution type of characters, do big combo damages and so on, like Sakonoko does.

While there is a characteristic thing that will identify you, we all share all these 3 qualities, but they work as a sort of attribute points, where one can excel more at some than others, based on this chart, going by: Brains, Heart, Body, on a scale of 1 to 5 what do you think your rating is? Also, what do you think other top players are?

For example, (having these numbers like 5 frist doesn't mean they are sequential are only highlighting each one of the perks that one excels at the most):
Me: 534
F0xy Grampa: 544 for example
Sonic Fox : 455
Im pretty sure no one is more of a lab monster or "brain" type than sonic fox, shouldn't he be a 5 in that category since his knowledge of the game and character specific punishes and also finding broken tech is 2nd to none?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Im pretty sure no one is more of a lab monster or "brain" type than sonic fox, shouldn't he be a 5 in that category since his knowledge of the game and character specific punishes and also finding broken tech is 2nd to none?
i think he is more heart than brains, it translates into his playstyle ;)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
IMO, Heart playing means to be a reckless player. Body is how you do successful combos. Being the Brains means to being smart with frame data, finding discoveries, etc.

I'm a Heart and a Body fighter. I'm a bit of the Brains, when I see something interesting and try to cultivate it into the combos I know or might discover.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My character thrives on corner rape and 50/50s so I'd say heart lol. I don't have too much of my own style, I'll learn how to play my favorite character wether they are rush down, zoner, etc.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
probably heart and body although i spend a bit of time on the brains in the lab its mostly just to improve my body. I need to work on my heart cause too predictable a lot of the time

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm 543, although I'm more of a lab monster for match up specific things and learning what ranges to stay at and what I can do to trip up my opponent while remaining as safe as possible while constantly looking for opportunities to make myself safer so I can gain some space, but occasionally taking huge unexpected risks to throw my opponent off guard, as well as baiting my opponent, and doing to stupidly risky unsafe shit so i can introduce an element of doubt and take advantage of that to become more safe overall and have more room to gain space. basically I love space control, mid screen is my screen and no one else's you can have in your face and full screen. But mid screen is all mine. I tend to lean towards characters that are easier execution wise but their challenge being that they have to deal with every match up drastically differently, and mainly focusing on neutral and keeping my opponent at a range where i can hit them but they can't hit me.

For me, it's hard to win a mu without knowing the science behind it.
I do have a huge random factor, but I only out it at 3 because it's either im random or im not random. And I do take risks (I did 4 dragon kicks in a row)
And I'm a execution monster, I play dualist so I spend my time learning how to maximize every combo down to 1-2f links.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
For me, it's hard to win a mu without knowing the science behind it.
I do have a huge random factor, but I only out it at 3 because it's either im random or im not random. And I do take risks (I did 4 dragon kicks in a row)
And I'm a execution monster, I play dualist so I spend my time learning how to maximize every combo down to 1-2f links.
So Brains or Body?