What's new

Temporarily traded MK9 for Tekken 6.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
A guy I know was interested in MK9, so I brought it over to his place yesterday. Played a little tag team with him and my wife (God... that sounds so wrong), and he's hooked on it. He wanted to burrow it for a few days, and gave me Tekken 6 in return.

I have to say, I've never played Tekken before, didn't have high hopes for the game, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The costume editor is a godsend, since I can't stand most of the default costumes. The gameplay is deep, and there aren't any projectiles to spam.

I do have two question, however.

(1) In story mode, I gave my female partner a naginata for her back, and she's actually pulled it out in combat! My guy (Lars) is equipped with a katana on his side. Can I use that as well?

(2) In arcade mode, what is the best defense when getting rushed while getting back up?

Cheers!

A guy I know was interested in MK9, so I brought it over to his place yesterday. Played a little tag team with him and my wife (God... that sounds so wrong), and he's hooked on it. He wanted to burrow it for a few days, and gave me Tekken 6 in return.

I have to say, I've never played Tekken before, didn't have high hopes for the game, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The costume editor is a godsend, since I can't stand most of the default costumes. The gameplay is deep, and there aren't any projectiles to spam.

I do have two question, however.

(1) In story mode, I gave my female partner a naginata for her back, and she's actually pulled it out in combat! My guy (Lars) is equipped with a katana on his side. Can I use that as well?

(2) In arcade mode, what is the best defense when getting rushed while getting back up?

Cheers!
when your knock down there are several options. You can 1) stay down, 2) roll back 3) roll side 4) do that quick rise attack that I know of. Those options are based on the scenario and reacting