What's new

Teleporters vs Forceballs

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
Maybe this is a dumb thread, but i wanted to get the reptile community's opinion on this.... Do you think that NRS will ever/should ever "fix"(i say "fix" cause i'm sure some people think it's fine) the fact that teleporters can completely negate reptiles forceballs and make them useless floaties that do no damage? I'm not referring to opponents who have good timing to avoid my forceballs. No no, on the contrary, props to them! I'm referring to opponents that get a teleport off, and then at some point they come into contact with my forceball be it accidental or intentional.... Yet it does nothing but look pretty. A good example of this is against smoke, and it happened to me a few times last night. When i put out the EX slowball and advance behind it, smoke just does a teleport punch which hits you from BOTH sides... He literally kisses the forceball going thru on the second hit of the animation! Reason would tell that smoke player that it's not safe to do that. But irrationality says nooooooo, don't worry about it, he's throwing pillows! I dislike that my foresight to put out an EX slowball for pressure or reset has a high potential for a negative reward(wasted meter) against teleporting characters..... aka, about 50% of the roster! And let me stress this again, i am NOT saying "boo teleporters! stop avoiding my slow projectiles!" What i am saying is "boo! friggin teleports negate the forceball! wtf, that boner walked right into it!" Opponents already have the option to either block or jump over the ball since it's so slow, i've seen it before(that is to say, only if i can't follow up with pressure).... The final example for this argument i can't confirm for sure since i don't play cyrax, but it has to do with his bombs. Does the same occurrence that reptile endures happen to the robot-ninja every time an opponent leaves the screen? What i mean is, do his bombs all of a sudden do no damage if the opponent teleports and lands on the explosion? I'm betting no. What about sub-zero's ice clone? Doesn't that still freeze people post-teleport? I'm aware that some people exploit this with knowledge and skill. They may even call it "fair" cause it's still in the game..... So then i guess i'm just left wondering why, OH-WHY, did NRS make the forceballs totally stagnant once someone leaves the screen? Don't tell me it's cause the teleport puts him/her slightly to the side when re-appearing. It's a 2D game..... They give reptile armor for his EX acid hand on a hotfix, but they totally ignore this.:doh:

violin time.....:violin:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I feel it would be a little too much if the force ball stayed active that entire time. It would limit a lot of options other characters have even when the ball is off screen. For instance, if raiden lands a superman and a ball is off screen it would knock him right out of it. Theres countless amounts of bullshit that can happen or be abused if it stayed active. Reptile has enough tools to work around teleport characters so i't not really an issue for him.

If your going to slow ball teleporters do it after a knockdown and move in close. Now what you would do is watch for the teleport and punish them if they try it. Now next time they will think twice and you should be free to move in and pressure.

Scoot Magee

that's up to raiden to not do a superman after he teleports on reaction to my EX slowball!
It's up to you not to waist meter recklessly on a slow ball when you know he can just teleport on reaction. I editied my first post with more info. It should be helpful.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
thanks. indeed reptile does have a lot of options, i agree with you there.

but i mean, i don't think i'm wasting it if it was released with plans to put the pressure on. if he does a teleport on reaction to my EX slowball, it SHOULD be his own damn fault if he does a superman after that teleport and gets blown up(hell, it would prevent him from doing it if anything). just like raiden tried to make it my fault on what he percieved as wasting a forceball. i usually only consider it a waste when it's made stagnant by a teleport... to totally make the ball useless is dumb. i can't see it screwing people over at all as long as they're aware of the ball once they teleported away..... if they get careless why shouldn't i be able to use my "3rd man"(forceball) to have my opponent stuff their own combo while i'm a victim?

If your going to slow ball teleporters do it after a knockdown and move in close. Now what you would do is watch for the teleport and punish them if they try it. Now next time they will think twice and you should be free to move in and pressure.
i do try to do this rather than blatently from across the screen.... but with the smoke example i used above, unless i'm baiting the teleport to clearly block, i can't put the pressure on(which is usually why the EX slowball comes out). when im putting the pressure on, i would like to think that IF he does his teleport punch, he'll get blown up if i get hit cause he'll tele into it on the 2nd hit. baiting the teleport to a block though is definitely good. free combo :)

Scoot Magee

If you end a combo with 321 ex slow ball against smoke you ae in a great spot and its guaranteed pressure. After reptiles dash you can tap block for a second incase of wakeup tp then rush in crouch 4 xx hand to beat attempted projectile/ex projectile counter.it really wouldn't be fair for the ball to be active for the full screen leangth. It would be way to easdy to limit other playerd options for a long period of time. The ex ball travels reaslly slow and takes forever to gvet accross the screen.

that's up to raiden to not do a superman after he teleports on reaction to my EX slowball!
I completely agree. The fact that the ball goes right through him is a bug regardless of how much people think it would be unfair to still have pressure off screen. It might even be a graphics bug rather than functionality lol, but there needs to be SOME explanation of why the hell it goes right through him! Thats all I need. Make it dissolve before it makes contact or hell, make raiden pull out a straw and blow the bubble in the other direction. It just shouldn't go right through him. And NRS knows about this. Tom Brady did a video of it on youtube And thats kind of his way of reporting issues to them. So they may fix it or they may not, but at least they know about it. But yeah, I think it should retain collision off screen and be able to continue pressure.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
after watching tom brady's video that you posted, i had an idea to try and see if the forceball would be voided by simply jumping over it and then going back into it... the results were :(

no teleporting required.... apparently all you have to do is get in front of the forceball and it becomes useless(whether you have to land or not i dunno. i don't know how many frames either, whether it's instant or not as soon as you cross the threshold, etc).

sorry for the poor quality of the video.... i had to use my crappy camera phone and do it by myself in practice.