What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Amazing! Some of those I think are set to CH on each hit so the damage might be slightly higher than it would be, but still super good stuff. That Yoshi one was awesome.

One of my best memories in Tekken was in T5 DR in the final match of pools I used Anna because I knew FBI hated the Anna and Nina MU, and at the time she was almost as good as my co main. In the 2nd match I hit him with Anna's high shoulder crush that pops up on CH, and in that game she had a crazy combo at the right distance. If I remember it was :d:qtr1, UF3, 1, UF 1 3 3+4, wall splat, FF 3 4 3 :l, B4 (or something like that it's been 10 years lol) and it took 90%. They crowd went INSANE lol. I felt like I could float from the feeling of power haha!!! Good times.

Two of my favorites in the series. But both likely aren't making the T7 cut. :(
I know man. I'm sick about that, but King is in the building, Law is in the building,
Amazing! Some of those I think are set to CH on each hit so the damage might be slightly higher than it would be, but still super good stuff. That Yoshi one was awesome.

One of my best memories in Tekken was in T5 DR in the final match of pools I used Anna because I knew FBI hated the Anna and Nina MU, and at the time she was almost as good as my co main. In the 2nd match I hit him with Anna's high shoulder crush that pops up on CH, and in that game she had a crazy combo at the right distance. If I remember it was :d:qtr1, UF3, 1, UF 1 3 3+4, wall splat, FF 3 4 3 :l, B4 (or something like that it's been 10 years lol) and it took 90%. They crowd went INSANE lol. I felt like I could float from the feeling of power haha!!! Good times.

Two of my favorites in the series. But both likely aren't making the T7 cut. :(
I hope at least one of them does, but I have to credit the Tekken series for having the most diverse character cast. Harada can have my $ right now. When are we going to see console release?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can't wait to rock some Josie.

Yeah, Anna was one of my favorite Tag partners to put with a main. Her FC game was pretty scary, and I used to love to see how many elbows I could get into a combo. If they bring her back and take the stagger on blocked away from her low like I heard it used to be, then she'll be part of my gang of bitches too.

I doubt they're releasing a console date [will be happy to be wrong]. I'll be hyped if they release a character or two, maybe along with a new stage.
I know it won't be Julia because they gotta save the best for last so, I'm okay with that.
Yea I think Anna was a little better all around before than the TTT2 version. Gonna miss the hat wearin boss chick.

If anything I hope it is a date haha! I'm anxious to know, but it'll probably be a new character. If they gave a date that means release would be sooner than expected.

I know man. I'm sick about that, but King is in the building, Law is in the building,

I hope at least one of them does, but I have to credit the Tekken series for having the most diverse character cast. Harada can have my $ right now. When are we going to see console release?
Haha yea I would pay $100 if I could own the game right now. Definitely the most diverse cast gameplay and fight style wise I've seen. Ima be keeping tabs on TGS to see what info they release. Should be something good.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
9 frames throw, LOL
And now some SaltShaker hahaha

Can i rest assured Harada-san won't listen to this bullshit? The game is not even out yet and i need my 14f regular hit launcher damn it.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
They better have something hype for T7 at TGS. If not, then the game is even further away from me playing than I can even imagine. All while Salt plays everyday... that fucker! He's gonna destroy us all day 1, lol. [It'll be fun though]

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
People always find something to complain about, at least its not about Paul. :p
Yeah, i didn't got the low damage thing in T7, his damage was pretty low on tag indeed, that in order to play jin you had to get a character with a good wall carry and combo filler damage to play, those tags were the ones that did most of the job, jin's job was only to harass with pokes until he launches someone which was hard considering his best launcher was WS2.

The only thing he never had was a 14 frames whiff punisher launcher like the mishimas always had, so he couldn't whiff punish as many of them could without risking a lot.

Now all jin players prayers were heard and he got the buffs we always asked for, and them some, and his damage is actually not so bad, he can do 45% midscreen and +15% more with the help of a wall, he has powerfull wall carrry and the stages of T7 aren't as big as in TTT2 from what i've seen some stages have mostly about the same range.

The EWHF launching on normal hit was the only thing i think he needed, but they went ahead and gave him a safe F4, F4~cds~cancel is safe as well, EWHF into CDS 3 combo for nearly 50% midscreen, an armored launcher, a sidestep attack that crumple stun on counter.

standing 4 now is combo-able on counter, CDS~3 is combo-able with B21 on regular hit, CDS~1+2 now launches vertical, on wall hit grants a free EWHF before standing 1 into DB223 combo at the wall
Faster recovery on EWHF and now is +5 on block, counter damage of this move is insane really.
In add to his new Whiff punish tool, he still has parry, so he can parry last hits and be at +15~16 and get that launcher to work, which is something i haven't seen yet considering how rare is to find a jin that mastered his parry.
9f throw that is almost impossible to break on reaction (will abuse that shit for days if stays in the game, which will condition his other throws to work better haha)
Countless ways to combo out of any launcher into S! if he hasn't used EWHF for the earlier S!, even wakeup 3 into WS4 into stabding 4 is a real thing now (Thank you Cherry Berry Mango lol) Wave Dash 4 now has a S! filler, in TTT2 he couldn't extend combos from that.

The list is so big that i feel like listing all the good shit will be a freaking bible on a single post, i wake up every single day saying to myself "Fucking Jin in T7 man"
He has no real weakness now, the only weakness he has is you not being able to keeping up with the character options or getting outplayed or should i say, fully learn what to block how to block, if you know all other command list and how to block them, jin is basically invincible.

Jin players are watching T7 as is if it is Christmas, and it is, he has all the goods, that if you actually lose playing jin its your own fault now, we're glad ppl are hating on Shaheem, Kazuya, and shit, which they should, just leave our character alone he has gotten a lot of scorpion treatment for too long.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Just play Fucking Jin Bruh!

Fucking Jin!

:DOGE
Hahhah,I definetely will lab with him. And have you school me on some tech as well. My homie that I play against most of the time mains Jin [He's actually really good with his parry], so I'm gonna have to deal with all that shit you mentioned above. Can't wait :DOGE

Please give Julia the Jin treatment...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hahhah,I definetely will lab with him. And have you school me on some tech as well. My homie that I play against most of the time mains Jin [He's actually really good with his parry], so I'm gonna have to deal with all that shit you mentioned above. Can't wait :DOGE

Please give Julia the Jin treatment...
Oh bruh!, I'm waiting for Julia announcement, the Michelle version was so good that i couldn't get enough to it, might actually fully main Julia considering Kuni might or will not be in the game, Michelle was my third main after Jin/Kuni

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Oh bruh!, I'm waiting for Julia announcement, the Michelle version was so good that i couldn't get enough to it, might actually fully main Julia considering Kuni might or will not be in the game, Michelle was my third main after Jin/Kuni
I'll be cool with any Chang. Wind rolls into dick jabs into FC CG's, lol [Her FC CG better be a 1+2 break]. I wouldn't count Kuni out, so much potential there... like we've discussed before. All she needs is a good pesky low poke and we're in there.

#NinjaBitches

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'll be cool with any Chang. Wind rolls into dick jabs into FC CG's, lol [Her FC CG better be a 1+2 break]. I wouldn't count Kuni out, so much potential there... like we've discussed before. All she needs is a good pesky low poke and we're in there.

#NinjaBitches
Yeah, i know Michelle was T6 Julia, at least that was what i've heard, but she seemed to have better frame data and some more good tools, no?

So if Julia is to comeback, i hope she ditched the Jaycee shit and got an updated TTT2 michelle move list.

Kuni was on revolutions and she was so fucking good there, i'm still counting her in

#NinjaBitches

Also, in the first match of this video, sec 27, his armored launcher just absorbed 3 hits. WTF!! 3 fucking hits

Fucking Jin!
Holy moly that's funny as hell, I always thought that those moves were beaten by low attacks. (EDIT: Opponent didnt use any, Get Rekt LOL)
I agree about Jin needing launch on normal hit EWHF but I just think everything they gave him just makes him scary, not OP just scary.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yeah, i know Michelle was T6 Julia, at least that was what i've heard, but she seemed to have better frame data and some more good tools, no?

So if Julia is to comeback, i hope she ditched the Jaycee shit and got an updated TTT2 michelle move list.

Kuni was on revolutions and she was so fucking good there, i'm still counting her in

#NinjaBitches
Michelle had Mad Axes where Jaycee had Deja Vu, and Mad Axes left you in perfect range for a War Drum pick up to Party Crasher, some solid oki. Don't think that oki will matter in T7. Jaycee had the D/F 3+4 non scaling wall ender that was great. They have an opportunity to take the strong points of each Chang and combine them into who ever makes the T7 roster, hope that's what happens.

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
i´m so sad that my main (jun kazama) wont be in the game. the update moves that she received made her in TTT2 a force to be reckon with(tought shes low tier)... she was a high risk high reward character,much more technical, reliabe,OKI game especialy...this is the reason why I loved her:
1-her F2(demon slayer) was a slap in the face for player who have a bad habbit to mash buttons,whifing moves,crouch(afraid of her low pokes).
her go to when homies cant play footsies...and duck too much after they being condioned to.
2-IZUMO(B1+2) was the mix up tool for masters only...wich guives you a opportunity to hoverhead(crumple the opponent if he ducks expecting a CG),Comand grab,launch with mid attack.hit confirm with a low and a launcher,sidested...if he reads you wrong!
3-Far more technical than Asuka,more moves that can be canceled that asuka.
4-A move that counter comand grabs wich is a comand grab!(plus when she´s attacked low is a low parry)
5-She gave birth to my second best player in the game since T3 JIN.(thank you Kazuya for smashing that tight pussy...you were a necessary evil)

More tear in my eyes because in TTT2 I really dedicated myself mastering Baek...with good results...now that you tell me that Hwoarang has some of his moves...that pleases me!
I only see myself playing with Jin in T7...at first.

i´m so sad that my main (jun kazama) wont be in the game. the update moves that she received made her in TTT2 a force to be reckon with(tought shes low tier)... she was a high risk high reward character,much more technical, reliabe,OKI game especialy...this is the reason why I loved her:
1-her F2(demon slayer) was a slap in the face for player who have a bad habbit to mash buttons,whifing moves,crouch(afraid of her low pokes).
her go to when homies cant play footsies...and duck too much after they being condioned to.
2-IZUMO(B1+2) was the mix up tool for masters only...wich guives you a opportunity to hoverhead(crumple the opponent if he ducks expecting a CG),Comand grab,launch with mid attack.hit confirm with a low and a launcher,sidested...if he reads you wrong!
4-A move that counter comand grabs wich is a comand grab!(plus when she´s attacked low is a low parry)
5-She gave birth to my second best player in the game since T3 JIN.(thank you Kazuya for smashing that tight pussy...you were a necessary evil)

More tear in my eyes because in TTT2 I really dedicated myself mastering Baek...with good results...now that you tell me that Hwoarang has some of his moves...that pleases me!
Point number 5 LOL

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Ivo gonna rage, he already told me he hates Jin with all his strenghs, as same as he hates Akira LOL

I'm gonna bring tha salt for sure, knowing you also play Jin, those will be some fun mirrors

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just getting back to work from that two hour "lunch break" of playing Tekken. There's always scrubs in the early daytime so it's when I use them as my practice mode with new characters or tech and end up spending only like $2 haha. It's golden. Cool to see all the Tekken love today.

9 frames throw, LOL
And now some SaltShaker hahaha

Can i rest assured Harada-san won't listen to this bullshit? The game is not even out yet and i need my 14f regular hit launcher damn it.
Some serious salt Lolol!!! I wouldn't worry though. Harada seems to genuinely disregard bs and blatantly tells people to deal with it and level up. Love him for that.

They better have something hype for T7 at TGS. If not, then the game is even further away from me playing than I can even imagine. All while Salt plays everyday... that fucker! He's gonna destroy us all day 1, lol. [It'll be fun though]
I think they will. No way he is there in person to not have something big to present or announce. I'm hype!

I'll definitely be entering whatever the 1st T7 tourney is on release. I wonder how I will do by then? :DOGE

But to be fair, I don't play every day. More like 4 times a week a couple of hours each day. Not much of an advantage at all by the time it releases on console I would say. :r:DOGE

Yeah, i didn't got the low damage thing in T7, his damage was pretty low on tag indeed, that in order to play jin you had to get a character with a good wall carry and combo filler damage to play, those tags were the ones that did most of the job, jin's job was only to harass with pokes until he launches someone which was hard considering his best launcher was WS2.

The only thing he never had was a 14 frames whiff punisher launcher like the mishimas always had, so he couldn't whiff punish as many of them could without risking a lot.

Now all jin players prayers were heard and he got the buffs we always asked for, and them some, and his damage is actually not so bad, he can do 45% midscreen and +15% more with the help of a wall, he has powerfull wall carrry and the stages of T7 aren't as big as in TTT2 from what i've seen some stages have mostly about the same range.

The EWHF launching on normal hit was the only thing i think he needed, but they went ahead and gave him a safe F4, F4~cds~cancel is safe as well, EWHF into CDS 3 combo for nearly 50% midscreen, an armored launcher, a sidestep attack that crumple stun on counter.

standing 4 now is combo-able on counter, CDS~3 is combo-able with B21 on regular hit, CDS~1+2 now launches vertical, on wall hit grants a free EWHF before standing 1 into DB223 combo at the wall
Faster recovery on EWHF and now is +5 on block, counter damage of this move is insane really.
In add to his new Whiff punish tool, he still has parry, so he can parry last hits and be at +15~16 and get that launcher to work, which is something i haven't seen yet considering how rare is to find a jin that mastered his parry.
9f throw that is almost impossible to break on reaction (will abuse that shit for days if stays in the game, which will condition his other throws to work better haha)
Countless ways to combo out of any launcher into S! if he hasn't used EWHF for the earlier S!, even wakeup 3 into WS4 into stabding 4 is a real thing now (Thank you Cherry Berry Mango lol) Wave Dash 4 now has a S! filler, in TTT2 he couldn't extend combos from that.

The list is so big that i feel like listing all the good shit will be a freaking bible on a single post, i wake up every single day saying to myself "Fucking Jin in T7 man"
He has no real weakness now, the only weakness he has is you not being able to keeping up with the character options or getting outplayed or should i say, fully learn what to block how to block, if you know all other command list and how to block them, jin is basically invincible.

Jin players are watching T7 as is if it is Christmas, and it is, he has all the goods, that if you actually lose playing jin its your own fault now, we're glad ppl are hating on Shaheem, Kazuya, and shit, which they should, just leave our character alone he has gotten a lot of scorpion treatment for too long.
Yea Jin's buffs are huge. One of the best ways to make a character really strong but not "unfair" is his current version. Amazing character design.

*Hating fighting him though. -.-

Michelle had Mad Axes where Jaycee had Deja Vu, and Mad Axes left you in perfect range for a War Drum pick up to Party Crasher, some solid oki. Don't think that oki will matter in T7. Jaycee had the D/F 3+4 non scaling wall ender that was great. They have an opportunity to take the strong points of each Chang and combine them into who ever makes the T7 roster, hope that's what happens.
I'm hoping they do this. They did it with King and Hwo, giving them moves from AK and Baek into their arsenal to make them stronger. Would be perfect with Michelle or a T6 Julia. Anything but Jaycee lol.

skater11

The saltiest
Fan of the ps1 tekkens. Haven't really gotten into tekken since. I came here thinking this game was out already. But since it's not, I will give it a try. Any release date yet?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
But to be fair, I don't play every day. More like 4 times a week a couple of hours each day. Not much of an advantage at all by the time it releases on console I would say. :r:DOGE
This shit had me laughing out loud, followed by a... "You fucker."

And what's with all the Jaycee hate? She had one of the best troll taunts ever...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So this will stay?

If it stays good, if it doesn't good either lol
Yea unfortunately. I'm not a fan of the new throw system being so nerfed. Has to be done catching blockers or reallyyyyy ahead on the start up frames of attacks. Characters like King will be able to use it as an advantage though, but most will feel the universal Nerf to throws.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
It annoys me everytime I talk about T7 now considering we are in the damn dark about console. I don't have the luxury of being near any test location and at TFC I heard the main tekken game at FR will be T7. If this is true I'm starting to get pissed off because we lose by default to Japan and Korea. I'd be traveling 9 hours to enter a tournament for my main game series that I can't really practice for. Such crap.