What's new

Tech jump moves guide.

This guide is going to show every tech jump move in the game and its properties.
A move I don't list properties for means its it evades both Ground pound and Dash and can (most of the time) be punished by some characters with D4-(insert grab special) on wakeup.

For those who don't know,a tech jump is a move that puts a characters hurtbox in the air.When hit out of a tech jump instead of normally hitting them like you would to start a combo, they will already be in the air as if you AA'ed them.

One of the cool things about tech jumps is that it dodges certain moves like Jax's ground pound,Reptiles dash and sometimes will avoid pokes (though not all moves that avoid pokes by lifting themselves in or out of the way are not all tech jumps eg. Kit's F2,1).

All tech jump moves are as follows,
(1-4) indicates what part of a string is a tech jump.

Scorpion:
Teleport
F2,1,(4)
3,3,(4)

Lui Kang:
Flying Kick
Bicycle Kick
Dragon Stance-3 (dropkick)
X-Ray

Kung Lao:
Teleport
F4
X-Ray

Sub-Zero:
1,3,(F4)
B1,2,(1)
2,2,(4)
3,(F4)

Sindel:
Levitate
1,1,(B2,4)
B2,4
U3
4,(4,U3)

Ermac:
Levitate
Teleport
U4(this move has odd properties,it can avoid moves like Ground Pound and and Dash but if you hit him he doesn't just fall to the ground)

Reptile:
EX Slide (Dropkick portion)
2,(F3)
2(F3,1+2)
2,(3+4)
F3
F3,(1+2)
3,2,(B4)

Kitana:
Square Boost
F2,1 (Near same properties as Ermac's U4,can avoid Ground Pound but not Dash,if hit out of it she will not fall to the ground)
B2 (need someone to confirm this)
F3
F4

Johhny Cage:
Flipkick
4,(4) (VERY few frames but still a tech jump)

Jade:
Staff Overhead
B2
U3

Mileena:
Leaping Neckbite
Teleport
B2
U4

Nightwolf:
None

Cyrax:
AA Grab
Teleport

Noob:
Teleport
F4,(3)

Smoke:
F4

Sektor:
Teleport
Leg Lift,4 (Overhead)
B3,(4)
F4,(3)

Sonya:
Cartwheel
Arc Kick
Military Stance,4
2,1,(B3)
B3

Jax:
Dash Punch
Overhead Smash
F4,1,(3)

Kano:
Upball/Fowardball

Stryker:
None

Shang Tsung:
None

Baraka:
U3

Kabal:
None

Raiden:
Superman

Cyber-Sub:
Teleport
F1,(4)
1,1,(F4)
U4
B3,(2,1)

Sheeva:
Telestomp
X-ray

Quan Chi:
Teleport
2,1,(U3)
U3

Skarlet:
Teleport
U3,4
X-Ray

Kenshi:
None

Rain:
B2,(1+2)

Freddy Krueger:
U3

Also,YAY TYM IS BACK!

zaf

professor
Do you know what makes the properties of ermac's d4, that allows it to avoid Jax's ground pound ?

I wonder how many other characters can use their respective d4 to avoid jax ground pound.

Do you know what makes the properties of ermac's d4, that allows it to avoid Jax's ground pound ?

I wonder how many other characters can use their respective d4 to avoid jax ground pound.
I know Baraka can aswell but I'd have to test them.As to what lets them do this,

Jim

Emperor of the Moon

It isn't d4 it is U4, his strange overhead kick where he leaps in the air and kicks at your ankles in a kick that looks sort of like Sub-Zero's slide.

I have a question, can every one of these moves be air thrown? I know the timing might be extremely tight but I'm just curious. I know you can air throw Jax on his dash punch but I'm not sure about most of the rest of these moves. I use Freddy's U3 after block strings occasionally and have noticed if the punishment is timed right (wrong) I end up grounded instead of comboed.

It isn't d4 it is U4, his strange overhead kick where he leaps in the air and kicks at your ankles in a kick that looks sort of like Sub-Zero's slide.

I have a question, can every one of these moves be air thrown? I know the timing might be extremely tight but I'm just curious. I know you can air throw Jax on his dash punch but I'm not sure about most of the rest of these moves. I use Freddy's U3 after block strings occasionally and have noticed if the punishment is timed right (wrong) I end up grounded instead of comboed.
No,you heard right,Ermac and Raka can actually D4 and avoid his GP,because MK9 is weird as shit.(go try it!)

The wording of your question is odd,but I'll answer it to the best of my abilities.
Not EVERY ONE of these can be air thrown do to the lack of frames to do so after the initial "hit" part of the the move,I dont know which ones exactly but trust me,Any thing that is remotely fast and doesn't have a ton of recovery frames you cant, like Freddy's U3,Raidens F3 ect.