What's new

Tech interpretation noob question

So I am not new to fighting games but new to TYM as I want to improve as a fighter fan. I literally hate and am kind of embarrassed to ask this but being new to quite frankly "caring enough to get better" does anyone know of a forum to help new players interpret the tech chains? What I mean is I spend hours in practice and am capable to input commands fast enough to put together chains but when I recently discovered this site and wanted to discuss with others about it I have trouble with interpretation of things like DL2 etc. Is there a forum somewhere that will help learn the language? By all means I am not completely useless =D I understand 1-4 command discussions, ya know FF1 etc there are just some other things on TYM I am having trouble reading and would like to know if there is a post that helps. Thanks. Sorry for sounding like a nubly but hey we are all new to it at least once right? (so be nice =D)

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
When in doubt, don't be afraid to just quote the part you don't understand and ask what it means :)

There might be a thread regarding all the technical stuff, but I'm not sure. I normally just ask when I see a confusing term though

First, thanks for reply. Appreciate it. The string, all of which I can read except one thing is:

1,1,2 ~ EX Swamp Hands, JI2, 1,1,2 ~ EX Dead Air, 1,1~ Chain Grab

I know this means (I think, again sorry new here) that it's his simple dial up with x-x-y if I understand 1-4 right followed by a MB on swamp hands but I don't understand the JI2. I can read the second half. What's TYM speak JI2 translate to?

Nhoj

Noob
Follow up question, what does ~ mean? A combo guide I read had the key label it as cancel, but does that mean using the Forward Forward RT bounce to cancel out of the combo?

String I'm referencing is:

3.) LLM ~ :dT, jiM, :lMH, H:dM = 35%

for Ares.

Nhoj when I was in practice with Solomon Grundy I interpreted it as a "Wait half a second, continue" and it seemed to be so as it allowed me to get the chains down. As in ~ means there is a slight pause in the chain.