What's new

Team Sp00ky wants to know what the MK community wants to see from our streams.

oZii

Noob
there are plenty of irc channels ppl chat at. for example people always chat on efnet #capcom when the stream is goign down cause its 300+ people heh. aaand we just broke 11k, yo damnnnnnnnnnnnn
Congrats!!! Wish you was on commentary by far my fav MK commentator. Not taking anything away from the cats on the mic now.

Sabin

Elder God
Congrats!!! Wish you was on commentary by far my fav MK commentator. Not taking anything away from the cats on the mic now.
Skisonic did a good job though. He learned a lot over the weekend and is getting into his usual groove. This tourney is crazyyyyy with the upsets man.

oZii

Noob
Skisonic did a good job though. He learned a lot over the weekend and is getting into his usual groove. This tourney is crazyyyyy with the upsets man.

Yea most definitely crazy loving it. Since my Dude Markman can't take it home I'm all for LI Joe to bring it home for the TS crew!!

Ski was cool yeah but I was hoping to see Arturo on commentary with Skisonic!!!! You were great at Power Up man.

That other guy was a real buzz kill. No offense. :) He just looked so damn tired and bored. That was a bit unfortunate.

Sabin

Elder God
Ski was cool yeah but I was hoping to see Arturo on commentary with Skisonic!!!! You were great at Power Up man.

That other guy was a real buzz kill. No offense. :) He just looked so damn tired and bored. That was a bit unfortunate.
Lol, I'm salty I wasn't there too blowing it up. I hope the TS crew is busy getting smashed in vegas right now. Hope you guys enjoyed the stream. I really wonder how this game is going to turn out post patch.

Lol, I'm salty I wasn't there too blowing it up. I hope the TS crew is busy getting smashed in vegas right now. Hope you guys enjoyed the stream. I really wonder how this game is going to turn out post patch.
The stream was awesome, one thing though, I would love if you guys used a bracket image to show how the tournament is going, that would help a lot.

Stream was great. :)

I really wonder how this game is going to turn out post patch.
The game can only get better man.

Personally, I only hope for more diversity in character usage for future MK tourneys. I didn't really liked all those Kung Lao mirrors, that was kinda lame.

But Michaelangelo's Kabal was a nice breath of fresh air.

Sabin

Elder God
Ya, Mike's Kabal was definitely sick.What are you supposed to do about that stance cancel stuff? JOP looked like he didn't know what to do either.
If you let him get started, it's hella dangerous.

It's also amazing how good people got since powerup actually. Justin and Floe really turned it up BIGTIME in the past two weeks. No surprises from Joe placing so well, he is like the Ryu of MK (in terms of understanding how MK works in general.) Fubar was kind of surprising because I was talking to him the week before PDP and decided to xcopy JOP's style and he managed to get to that level in 1 week.

As for Carl obviously he had some tough breaks, but if you have a controller malfunction you should stop the match not blow it up afterwards. :( I predict a lot of salty runbacks in the future.

DrDogg

Noob
I've only been able to watch the first hour or so of matches, but did people actually like the commentary? The general quality is on par with what we've come to expect from Spooky streams, but Adam and Ski were terrible (at least from what little I've watched). Adam works for NRS, but seems to lack higher level knowledge of the game (and is very dull on the mic -- knowledge doesn't always equal good commentating), and Ski knows virtually nothing about the game.

I find it hard to believe that there weren't better commentators around... especially when at least Adam was paid to do this. The commentators, and the low quality matches (early rounds, so to be expected) are the only things I'm disliking about the stream so far. Again, I'm still early into it (and probably won't have time to see all of it until Friday), but I'm displeased so far.

tehm

Noob
Yeah... after watching the whole thing I consider it a strong possibility that Adam is, in fact, significantly better at the game than Tom Brady...

That said, he did seem really bored with the level of play at the tourney. I think the only games he really got into were in the top 8 and the Tom Brady Noob vs. Smoke money match.

I know it sounds weird, but imagine Floe trying to commentate some week one Marvel action today (remember, Adam's probably had the game for a year now...). That's what he sounded like to me.

=\

I'm coming from quake3 and I have to say the quality of the stream was great even though the amount of viewers was a lot higher than during quake streams. no choppiness, audio was in sync, no unnecessary delays etc. can't say that for quake streams, half the time they're laggy or not working at all. I enjoyed it a lot. especially when LI Joe and that other dude were on the mic while the other two were on break. I lol'd a lot. SANTAMONICAAAAA lol.

Sabin

Elder God
DrDogg: Skisonic improved throught the weekend. Listen to his commentary by the end of the weekend, he significantly improved from Sat-Sunday. It was obvious that he didn't know much about the game at the start but he really came into his own by the end of the weekend. Of course we all have to start from that point. I didn't know shit about the game at powerup compared to what I know now after playing for a few more weeks. Ski is a great hypeman for grand finals.

Joe/Floe combination was full of win as well IMO.

Loved the stream. It's amazing how just watching high level play can make you a better player...

One note on the commentary, though. It seemed like the commentators were occasionally stuck calling matches for a little longer than they were comfortable with. I am thinking specifically of Joe on Saturday when 2/3rds of his commentary ended up just being weird noises (mostly aimed at Raiden.) Prior to that, though, I thought he did an excellent job.

I tuned in earlier today around 1 and saw a bunch of MK. I don't think it was tourney play but it was all big names.

I'd rather see that than scrubs in the lower parts of the bracket.

Top 8-16 tomorrow is fine with me if it happens.

I saw a little bit of MK today but missed most of it. When I came back they mentioned the power outage and that was disappointing to hear.

I actually don't know how to feel about this. It's not a good look for MK because last time Team Spooky had a stream they didn't have enough people to play MK so they canceled it. Honestly, I don't care if it's scrubs or not but MK needs more support.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I tuned in earlier today around 1 and saw a bunch of MK. I don't think it was tourney play but it was all big names.

I'd rather see that than scrubs in the lower parts of the bracket.

Top 8-16 tomorrow is fine with me if it happens.
I don't think you get it. It just isn't fair. There's hours upon hours of AE and MVC3 and barely any MK. It sucks dude.

Streams always have and always will focus on the games with the most interest and players. Right now AE and MvC are ahead of MK in those regards.

If a tournament has 250 for AE, 150 for Marvel, and 100 for MK the time and amount of stations at the venue devoted to those games is going to be weighted accordingly.

If you want more coverage, try to recruit people to go out and enter the tournaments and get the entry numbers high enough to warrant it.

When MK has 200 entrants, you will see it on stream more.

It's not a reflection on team spookys bias towards one game or another, it's a reflection on the popularity of the game in relation to others.

I don't think you get it. It just isn't fair. There's hours upon hours of AE and MVC3 and barely any MK. It sucks dude.
I don't think you get it.

Go to a major tourney right now and there will be 40 setups dedicated to capcom games and 5-10 for MK (maybe).

At least 3/4 of the competitive players in MK right now play marvel or AE as well.

There are virtually no primarily "MK" players that play capcom games as well.

It sucks I know, but you guys hear stream monsters talking shit about MK in the chat a lot because there are thousands of capcom fans in that chat and only a handful of MK fans.

The bottom line though is that we have come a long way in getting exposure as is.

Before MK9 there were two-three tourneys ALL YEAR that showed about an hour total of UMK3.

The game is still growing, but the number of offline players has to grow first.