What's new

Team Sp00ky wants to know what the MK community wants to see from our streams.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
STORMS: thank u for being so welcoming to Team Sp00ky and promoting us so much on tym front page. honestly the reaction from u guys has been quite welcoming and unreal. i look forward to meeting u and the rest of the MK illuminati (lol) at a future event, maybe ECT3? I really like what u guys did with MK roundtable discussion at past Big Eric events. I'd love to be involved in one in the future if possible.
No problem at all, Sabin. As far as TYM is concerned Team Sp00ky and iPW have our 100% support and if you guys ever need anything do not hesitate to ask. We like to consider ourselves "involved" with the fighting game community and from me saying that our commitment only goes deeper and deeper. It's an honor to have you guys on TYM as well, seriously... it is. I actually approved your account while I was at work and I was like, "Holy shit! Sabin!?!?" lol, no lie.

And yes, the next tournament I am planning to go to is ECT3 and as far as the Roundtable discussion, speaking of it, would you like to be a part of the one we do there? I told the guys at Winter Brawl that I'm going to push to get one of these done at every tournament I can and each time with different guests. Most likely, Phil will host it as he has a special way with words, let's just say that. But, also having you involved as well as (my original plan for the next Roundtable) was to have SweetJohnnyCage, BigE, HubbS , LIJOE and you. If you'd be up for it?

The main topis this time around will be "from the ground up" so-to-speak... basically how these got started with running these tournaments, words of wisdom, inspiring others to follow in similar footsteps of at least just start be "coming out" to these events. What we'll do is write up an organized line of questions and you will all basically take turns giving your thoughts. I will "direct" it, I'll be the camera guy.

Also, depending on where we do this, whether it can be done in a quiet place we will definitely need working mics... because as many are aware - the last and first roundtable discussion was poor in sound quality. I actually sent it to SRK for them to post, but they respectfully declined and for very understandable reason.

But yes, please let me know if this would interest you and we could definitely begin planning this soon.

Sabin

Elder God
Markman you know you are welcomed on commentary every time brother! Just have to ask PDP first in this instance :yeradick:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
lol, I'm not asking them!
Actually...

How about this...
BigE, HuBBs, LIJOE, Sabin, SweetJohnnyCage, MarkMan w/ Phil hosting... you guys down?

MarkMan, you would be another perfect person for this with how many tournaments you attend.

Also, I'm going to continue this discussion in the "Tournament Organizers Discussion" forum under the tournaments forum. If you don't see it now, you will soon.

tehm

Noob
Just want to mention that if he's coming, Aris "Kimbo Hagrid" gives amazing commentary in general and is top tier at MK9.

That dude would be amazing to have on the mic.

Sabin

Elder God
Storms: Thanks for the support. Pretty much we are 100% on the same page brother and I would be interested in planning that out with you for sure. Maybe we can use Spooky equipment or combine gear from TYM's end and ours to record a session together? Or maybe do something like a roundtable talk on stream? Just throwing ideas there, not sure how exactly it would work but i def am interested for sure man. When Vic is not overwhelmed with stuff related to PDP I'll run it by him and see if he can commit to something like this, cause as you know at tournaments stream time is extremely limited and tourneys of that magnitude become hectic rather quickly.

And yeah, I def think the MK community should get their name out there more as far as to why players in the MK community should travel out to events. I think you guys have made excellent strides in getting the MK community to show up so far but of course there is still plenty of work to be done. For example even though MK is a "Big 3" game now in my opinion, MK events are still lagging behind Capcom numbers as far as events go but that's to be expected, it takes time to build things up for sure, just have to get ppl used to the tourney mindset and showing up to regular events.

DrDogg

Noob
Will the PDP stream be archived like most other TS streams? I will be unable to watch it live, but I'm hoping I can catch it when I get home each day.

Will the PDP stream be archived like most other TS streams? I will be unable to watch it live, but I'm hoping I can catch it when I get home each day.
Of course it will be archived you fool. That's why Sabin was created in the first place. :evilgrin1:

Sabin

Elder God
DrDogg: They are letting us use our own channel for streaming, so yeah, it will be archived at the usual place.

Sabin

Elder God
I know you didn't have much say in this, but i wish Spooky could have interviewed Ed too.
lol. yeah i know. stream was still full of win yesterday though. As a spectator they got through pool play fairly quickly it seems, lots of trolling material all day, though. Joe + Floe and Justin + Marn on the mic were pretty much win.

I was sneaking views of the stream while out for my first anniversary with my wife, lol.

Everything I saw was awesome, good production, and it ran real smooth on Justin.tvs iPhone app.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I was sneaking views of the stream while out for my first anniversary with my wife, lol.

Everything I saw was awesome, good production, and it ran real smooth on Justin.tvs iPhone app.
LOL ^ I was doing the same during PowerUp when my wife and I went to the Horror convention. :D

That app is win. :coffee:

Zebster

How's my volume?
This is more of a general thing for all the Teamsp00ky streams: Autoban for anyone who does PJSalt, because every single stream someone does the emote for that, then it gets spammed, then people who don't know the word to type start asking about it, then people keep misleading them and basically for half an hour 90% of the comments are something pertaining to PJSalt.

Edit: Also, mods need to start banning all those racists that keep popping up in the streams.

Sabin

Elder God
This is more of a general thing for all the Teamsp00ky streams: Autoban for anyone who does PJSalt, because every single stream someone does the emote for that, then it gets spammed, then people who don't know the word to type start asking about it, then people keep misleading them and basically for half an hour 90% of the comments are something pertaining to PJSalt.

Edit: Also, mods need to start banning all those racists that keep popping up in the streams.
we generally let the stream monsters rock. i mean shit we even troll in the chat ourselves. not to say that ppl dont get banned if they get ridiculous, but during a national tourney its gonna be hectic even with heavy moderation. for the most part its a hands off approach heh. general rule of streams is dont take too much stock in the stream chat lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

we generally let the stream monsters rock. i mean shit we even troll in the chat ourselves. not to say that ppl dont get banned if they get ridiculous, but during a national tourney its gonna be hectic even with heavy moderation. for the most part its a hands off approach heh. general rule of streams is dont take too much stock in the stream chat lol
Exactly. Don't even look at the stream chat man, it's thousands of trolls breh.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
the stream's been top notch. I also gotta say that I love that you guys picked up teamspooky.tv :D

Sabin

Elder God
the stream's been top notch. I also gotta say that I love that you guys picked up teamspooky.tv :D
yeah it was expensive for a domain but had to be done! :D
remember if its choppy for you use the quality settings. i couldnt watch in best all weekend but 360p worked fine.

oZii

Noob

While I do agree with Juggs and Tim Static 100%

I will say spend 10 minutes just 10 in any starcraft stream and the mods make sure it stays in check. You can still be hype and people do but you just cant be competely dumb. People want to see the content they will watch and it is completely possible to have a good chat if the mods are on their jobs. Problem is that its accepted right now so it wont change anytime soon. So you just have to accept it and join in on the fun or just ignore chat.

Sabin

Elder God
there are plenty of irc channels ppl chat at. for example people always chat on efnet #capcom when the stream is goign down cause its 300+ people heh. aaand we just broke 11k, yo damnnnnnnnnnnnn