What's new

Team money tournament - Interest?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
This thread will be used to gauge the interest of a possible team tournament with money payout. What I need to know from everyone interested is the following:

Do you care who you get paired up with?
Would you pay to enter? If so, how much?

X820

Noob
Paired up with?

Like tag teams or something?

In that case, most would mind I guess lol.

$5,00 sounds reasonable.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
X820 said:
Paired up with?

Like tag teams or something?

In that case, most would mind I guess lol.

$5,00 sounds reasonable.
Yes, essentially 2 v 2

X820

Noob
dciguy01 said:
Yes, essentially 2 v 2
In that case, I couldn't imagine someone not caring who they get paired up with thb..

Everyone would like someone that is equal or surpasses his skill level.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The only fair solution would be to allow players to signup with a partner of their choice. Teams would be randomly matched up against other teams.

X820

Noob
dciguy01 said:
The only fair solution would be to allow players to signup with a partner of their choice. Teams would be randomly matched up against other teams.
+1 :)

btbb99

Noob
it doesn't matter to me either way since it looks like the entry fee would only be five dollars but since it looks like most players don't want anything to do with having to pay i think we should just forget the idea of having to pay. i do like the idea of picking your own teamates, i think that would be something different and nice to tryout

X820

Noob
btbb99 said:
it doesn't matter to me either way since it looks like the entry fee would only be five dollars but since it looks like most players don't want anything to do with having to pay i think we should just forget the idea of having to pay. i do like the idea of picking your own teamates, i think that would be something different and nice to tryout
I sure hope people will give this a shot, only if it's for a single try.

5 teams = 10 people = $50 for the winning team?

Sounds like a plan to me.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright, another question for you guys...

Would you be able to do this all in one night or would you prefer it spread out over a week or two as with all previous tourneys?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright, it looks like this is going to be a non-payout tournament. We can revisit the idea of prizes and money in future tourneys. I would very much prefer to make this a one night session as we can get it all done immediately. I'll work on rules and signups for the tournament. Looking forward to getting this thing underway.

One final thing I would need to know is what night would work best for everyone interested. I am thinking a random Fri/Sat.