What's new

Video/Tutorial - Tanya Tanya teleport pressure guide

Would you like to see me make other videos about Tanya?

• Yes

Votes: 43 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Real talk. I WAS going to start with pyromancer....but after watching just the first vid I'm about to start with kobu. I like how it functions so far and being a scorpion player initially she reminds me of a different version of him.

Sidenote* the dead woods (infected) is my favorite level. Regular is fine too lol
Kobu has rekkas @AK L0rdoftheFLY

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Interesting technology.

But I am still not sold on Kobu Jutsu being as good as Pyromancer because most of this pressure also works in Pyromancer.

Besides, Pyromancer has one of the best special moves in the entire game. I think you fools know what I am talking about.

By the way, I am fairly sure d,f+2 -> d,f+1 has a gap that can be option-selected.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Interesting technology.

But I am still not sold on Kobu Jutsu being as good as Pyromancer because most of this pressure also works in Pyromancer.

Besides, Pyromancer has one of the best special moves in the entire game. I think you fools know what I am talking about.
Keep that on the DL...don't need a Nerf just yet.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interesting technology.

By the way, I am fairly sure d,f+2 -> d,f+1 has a gap that can be option-selected.
it doesn't have a gap if you do it tight.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I have always wondered how to make stages "infected" i still don't know. Is that a blow up?
Beat the game. You get the infected versions of some stages by playing on them during story mode. When you do that you hit "1" when picking a stage and it changes it to the infected variant. Not all stages get it but the ones that do will have the little white dragon symbol showing it has an alternate "stage"

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Keep that on the DL...don't need a Nerf just yet.
I agree. As Tanya players, we must agree that from now on all Pyromancer related strategies may only be discussed privately.

it doesn't have a gap if you do it tight.
I am aware that d,f+2 -> d,f+1 can be delayed slightly, but then you will just get punished on the second hit because of the option select.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree. As Tanya players, we must agree that from now on all Pyromancer related strategies may only be discussed privately.

I am aware that d,f+2 -> d,f+1 can be delayed slightly, but then you will just get punished on the second hit because of the option select.
Maybe I'm confused but at that point if they block the first two, I'll just MB the 3rd

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
We need a chat group for her lol
That said Kobu will be the second variant I learn. I'm too far in with Pyro might as well finish or at least solidify it first.

I have to show my noobness here....

I was playing a really good tanya yesterday and was using jason, though i dont think its a jason only issue. In general, what can you do against her constant teleporting? I dont use her but it seems shes invincible during its active frames then can do a jip right out of it which is +on block. I dont see how to stop someone from just doing it non stop, esp if youre a slower character without a aa option

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have to show my noobness here....

I was playing a really good tanya yesterday and was using jason, though i dont think its a jason only issue. In general, what can you do against her constant teleporting? I dont use her but it seems shes invincible during its active frames then can do a jip right out of it which is +on block. I dont see how to stop someone from just doing it non stop, esp if youre a slower character without a aa option
NJP works wonders when you see them teleport towards you.