What's new

Tag towers way too hard

I guess the title says it all really.

Group battles and raids seem like a good difficulty. But those tag towers are ridiculous.

The skarlet blood magic skin that I have been waiting for is locked behind a set of boss towers and I will never get it as a tag tower is involved

Gaxkang

Banned
Yeah I don't bother with the tag towers...it's a pain if it's got something worth collecting tho.

Group towers and raids are pretty oppressive too...there was a Cetrion one recently where the end of the fight is just too much going on...lightning barriers you can't cross, then you keep getting frozen while she's throwing stuff at you, etc.

Every characters has augments that boost moves for 3/6/9% damage. Dvorah and Baraka (probably more than those 2) can do extreme FB damage with the right augments. It is not that hard to be honest if you suit your character properly.

U kinda have to farm augments for those type of things. They make a world of difference. For example i got 2x KK augment that increases dmg by 15% Per hit in a combo. FB hits for about 1000-1300 and regular combos from 600-1000. See where im going ?

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
But the missing one is the selected, which is completed (see the checks)
You have to beat it with a partner, I also did it solo (me controlling two characters) and didn't get the platform rewards. Then I did it again with a random online and I got the platform rewards. Kinda scuffed obviously.

You have to beat it with a partner, I also did it solo (me controlling two characters) and didn't get the platform rewards. Then I did it again with a random online and I got the platform rewards. Kinda scuffed obviously.
I thought it could be it, but then I thought I did it in another tower... maybe I'm getting crazy lol...

thanks

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Anyone that has trouble with ANY towers can just go to character's customization and USE YOUR AUGMENTS... Put those high damaging augments in youR main character's gear for Firegod Kang's sake and use every crushing blow you've got...

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Nope I did it solo i got reward. Its waste of time to search for a partner while I have OP augments.

Nope I did it solo i got reward. Its waste of time to search for a partner while I have OP augments.
Also, in all group modes, the partners don’t play correctly. Don’t use the konsumables, don’t tag and don’t do the challenges... it’s like if coudn’t read...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
omg, now that we can control both characters these towers have become so much easier. i always use the team of Kotal and Jade. use the sun move to constantly heal jade, swap in jade and zone,

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I clear them all on my own. Forget D'Vorah's Laid Waste augment, spent weeks trying to get it with no success. Besides, there are better ones.

Baraka is who you want to use in these towers. Just make sure you have the right augments, and he has a few really op ones.

This is my augment setup:

Arm Blades: Ultraviolence x2 (inflict 9% more damage for each hit in a combo.

Head Gear: Cold Start x2 (inflict 40% less damage initially, but gain 6% damage for each attack landed.

War Banner: Ride the Fury x2 (inflict 6% more damage for each hit in a combo)

This setup does insane damage. You can also setup your War Banner with the Desperate Might augment which greatly buffs your fatal blow.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Boss Towers are a pain in the ass, my problem is how inconsistent the A.I. is, sometimes they'll flawless block every hit, other times they block absolutely nothing and you can finish the match quickly. They also manage to tech just about every throw, and help create terrible habits.

Just grind out good augments or find someone who already has them that will help you with the tower. It's worth it to struggle on 1 fight for an hour.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I've been trying to beat Noob over the past 2 hours along with the same tag-partner, and the tower timer ran out about 25 mins ago, so we just keep going at it until we beat him. XD

Damn it's fucking tough!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Towers are very easy. You need to use the right augments. Also if you can use konsumables there is literally no reason for you to ever lose.

I have augments that make it possible for me to solo the 3 ko-op partner bosses.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
omg, now that we can control both characters these towers have become so much easier. i always use the team of Kotal and Jade. use the sun move to constantly heal jade, swap in jade and zone,
Oh damn I didn't know this was possible. That makes a world of difference, I keep getting stuck with people who literally just d2 and throw projectiles lol

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I noticed a bug on that Noob one. I did it solo choosing Baraka/Jade and had some difficulty, eventually switched to Baraka for both characters. When I did that, Noob went AFK. Like the AI did not move or attack or anything.

So maybe try choosing the same character and see if that breaks the AI? Also, I got the rewards for solo completion.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I've ground a lot of towers but never paid too much attention to the augment system (a lot of the ones I got earlier all seemed based on the AI controlled team thing). But seeing some of the responses here makes me think I should go through my pile of augs and actually use them.

What are some other helpful augs/combos to watch for out there?

Pazuzu

Noob
From Reddit : "just exploit the glitch that removes the AI (start a match, go to menu and choose "select new fighter" over and over again until the AI stops working, win the set, on the end screen choose "select new tower" and play again the same tower, the AI will still be bugged and once you win the match the tower will correctly be registered as completed) "