What's new

SUMMER JAM I'm sad they got my name wrong (match footage)

bifuteki

Noob
Hey man sorry bout that. I will be posting all the videos sometime today. I am asking that these not get posted. I have also asked IspywitEye to take these videos down.

NariTuba

disMember
Hey man sorry bout that. I will be posting all the videos sometime today. I am asking that these not get posted. I have also asked IspywitEye to take these videos down.
First of all Bifu, great job on the stream, enjoyed the tournament and the commentary and had almost no problems (which is GREAT considering Im on the other side of the world and you guys had a tropical storm going) Congrats

Its been cool when Cyrax players post their tourny performances here in the Cyrax forum for all to review. Is there any way Darth Arma can get this done in a manner that will be satisfactory to you once you upload all videos? I believe it is of value to all Cyrax players out there, but its your call of course.

@Darth Arma:

Awesome performance dude! psyched to see a new Cyrax out there with a style of his own. Your zone control with bombs and net is the best ive seen. Your use of 1,1 is also great and fresh! I also really liked that b2, midbomb, 2,2 trap you used; never seen that before.

The only feedback I could give you (humbly) is that I dont think I saw a single d4 from you. Is there a particular reason for this? I think you really suffered from this on your match against Tom Brady´s Kung Lao later in the tournament (and also THTBs Reptile) You should also post that match against Brady KL here (EPIC comeback on game 3!)

good stuff man, thanks for sharing :)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Good shit man. dropped a lot of combos but still, hella good game from your part.

That's some textbook sub zero owning, exactly how cyrax should fight him.

@NARI thanks for the compliments. I'm working on putting d4 into my game. I would put that match vs brady's KL but it wasnt posted on youtube.

@CARA I was kinda nervous playing brady. Especially cause I feel I had alot to prove because he's said I wasnt a good player and the night before he said he would beat my cyrax with his K L(correction, I meant to say subzero) "no problem"

@Bifu I put the match up on because it was on the front page. I just wanted to set the record straight about my name not being dark erma. lol

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
@NARI thanks for the compliments. I'm working on putting d4 into my game. I would put that match vs brady's KL but it wasnt posted on youtube.

@CARA I was kinda nervous playing brady. Especially cause I feel I had alot to prove because he's said I wasnt a good player and the night before he said he would beat my cyrax with his K L "no problem"

@Bifu I put the match up on because it was on the front page. I just wanted to set the record straight about my name not being dark erma. lol
brady really said that? that's out of order, at least you managed to beat his SZ, id also highly reccomdnet utilising d4 :), just dont get too carried away and throw a medium bomb by accident lol, also is that your cyrax costume in your pic?

Ayx

Omnipresent
How the fak do they get that name wrong? Jesus. Lol.

Wondering, what happened @0:35? Was it negative edge? It seemed pretty obvious that the net should have launched because I saw the Dash Backwards. Oh well. That was some beautiful meter build and that combo at the end was a pure treat. Proves that not all characters don't need to teleport their ass off to avoid SZ's Corner Pressure.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

@CARA I was kinda nervous playing brady. Especially cause I feel I had alot to prove because he's said I wasnt a good player and the night before he said he would beat my cyrax with his K L "no problem"

I really hope you're trolling on the brady comment, otherwise that would be a really douchy thing for him to say.

Aside from the lack of d4 and dropped combos, the thing that kept tom in the game was that you weren't reading the EX ice beams. The only way for him to get to you was doing that, everytime he had meter he'd try an ice beam.

But again, you played him perfect, even if you lost to his lao you should be really proud.You played your ass off and you beat his sub without 60% resets, meaning you outplayed him plain and simple!

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I remember this and I was wondering what was the big "OOOHHHHHHHH!!!" crowd reaction for?

edit - ...at the end of the match that is.

NariTuba

disMember
I dont know if you were able to watch the last STBL (S1lent1 & Tom Brady) show that aired after summer jam. Tom Brady spoke very highly of you there, mentioned you were a great player and gave you a shout out.

Brady probably said that to get in your head/shit talk. Judging by his last post he didnt mean that. Alot of people shit talk to get in peoples heads tbh, i guess it worked with you.No offence but you should just ignore all shit talk unless they threaten physical violence LOL

I was away with no internet access for the past 5 days so I'm posting kinda late.

He actually said he would beat me with his subzero no problem. not kung, that's why I felt I had to prove him wrong.

I assure you he did say those things about me post summerjam. But he never played me until summer jam so maybe I swayed his opinion about me.

Go to 8:12
]
Even though you did say you would beat me, you were in the heat of a debate with maxter and I guess I was thrown into the conversation by maxterat the wrong time and you just answered with the first thing that came to your head. Sorry I got kinda hostile after beating you in winnersbut we've already discussed this and you said were cool.

You're a good guy at heart. But I feel like sometimes you get really defensive but it's 100 percent understandable. Me and riu48 have talked about how it must really suck for you to have all this pressure on you. That because you were with the game at it's early stages that you arent "Allowed" to lose. But you need to remember that it's not any of the players (at least the top players) that are giving you shit.

I know it's really hard but I think you need to just stop caring about what you have to prove and just play to have fun. We are at the point that it doesnt matter that you helped test the game, so did alot of other players. we're at the point of having so much knowledge in this game on boards and within everyone that someone who has only played for a month could easily become a top player with enough hard work.

also thanks for the kind words on the stream

I was knocked into losers by THTB(who got 5th) and knocked out by Tom brady(who got 4th)