What's new

suggest a character?

leek

Noob
well thing is, i have no attention span. so naturally, i don't play MK safely, and make a lot of mistakes and get punished A LOT. so i'm trying to find a character that is safe on block for most moves and has great/if not the best recovery times and is really fast all around.

i couldn't tell you my play style because i don't have one. i have played scorpion, sub-zero(demo), kung lao, reptile, johnny cage, kitana, kano, baraka, smoke, noob, raiden, shang tsung and ermac, none of which have REALLY suited my needs (although, this may have changed because of any patches, considering i blew through a lot of characters while PSN was down/first week.)

any suggestions are greatly appreciated, but i'd like to add in that my favorite among the ones i named is pretty much scorpion because of his apparent speed. all i'd like in a character is extreme speed and if someone could find it, i would be extremely happy :D

oh wow after looking through avatars, i forgot to mention kabal. he doesn't seem right for me, i've tested and tested and tested with him and i can't seem to shake about 26% at the highest as well as using his dash and blades too much.

leek

Noob
Thing is though i love mortal kombat with a passion. been playin' it since i was about 5 years old. no suggestions besides a different game though?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thing is though i love mortal kombat with a passion. been playin' it since i was about 5 years old. no suggestions besides a different game though?
I was joking with all that you said about basically not playing very smart.

My only suggestion is keep trying character until you find one that fits. Sometimes, it might be 2 characters. Just keep at it. :)

leek

Noob
sorry misunderstood. i guess i'll have to lol, just looking for a fast way out of looking through all these characters.. so many and so little time.. :rant3:

You have to establish how you want to play. I mean, no one can really recommend someone to you unless you establish how you want to play. For new players, though, I recommend Kano. He's capable of nearly anything and is a good starting point to decide how you want to play. Dig throwing knives? Try out a zoning character. Enjoy Kano's high/low mix ups? Try a rushdown character.

Like Tim said, though, keep at it. You'll find someone :)

leek

Noob
I have and he's just too slow and unsafe with his normal kano ball. i understand though because i am being pretty picky about all this so i do appreciate the feedback, i guess i will go back to kano for a little while.

Here, man. Check this out: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-The-Kano-Guide-by-The-Kano-Community

Character forums here are extremely useful. This guide here is a great starting point to understanding Kano. Also, I recommend looking up Kano videos on Youtube or heading over to Kano video threads. Actual match footage is great to watch, also. You can do this to better understand any character. Just head to the character forums and start doing research :)

Don't be throwing out Kano ball randomly. It's a sure way to lose.

leek

Noob
thanks broski. like i said i have no attention span so i usually don't even care enough to remember to research that kind of stuff. i just usually forget about it and then bitch a day later that i suck LOL. but thanks, i'm really interested in cyrax and sektor but i don't know if they match how i could play them.. :violin:

thanks broski. like i said i have no attention span so i usually don't even care enough to remember to research that kind of stuff. i just usually forget about it and then bitch a day later that i suck LOL. but thanks, i'm really interested in cyrax and sektor but i don't know if they match how i could play them.. :violin:
I'd recommend Sektor for you. His combos are very simple and lead to big damage. You can even follow a jump kick with a teleport punch for a combo.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5731-Sektor-Looking-for-good-players-to-tell-me-why-he-sucks

Great write up right there about Sektor. I know learning a fighter can be frustrating, but hang in there. You'll have more fun in the long run and you won't feel like you wasted money on the game. I'll stop shoving links at you. The rest is up to you!

leek

Noob
Oh no it's quite alright lol. and i know i haven't wasted money on the game, this is one of the most enjoyable games for me out there. it's just that i'm trying to get more serious into it so maybe i could join a tourney or two with a buddy.