What's new

Sudden Sporadic Input Lag on PS4

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So last week we had to cancel our weekly MKX tournament because the controllers for the PS4 were having sudden sporadic lag. There is, as far as I know, no way to make the controllers wired.

I run an arcade, and some crosstalk on bluetooth is inevitable since we have 16 consoles (A half a dozen of which use bluetooth) in close proximity. Is there any solution to this other than disassembling a huge array of consoles and having them further apart to prevent any possible interference?

It's a sporadic issue, but it gets worse the busier we are and the more wireless controllers that are being used.

This is not the input lag caused by having too many synced controllers. We always delete excess controllers and this has happened on consoles with only 2 controllers connected. Which controllers are connected makes no difference, it happens with our controllers or with customer controllers.

I've asked the players if they'd be willing to play on Xbox One, but they are committed to PS4, so any advice would be helpful.