What's new

Guide Subzero VS Kung lao

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
you don't have to, point blank you have a 6 frame jab...
The 1 hits mid.. That's my point. I kan't 6 Frame Jab on reaction to the wiff, I have to either know or guess that it's going to wiff.

Hence why I neutral duck in the match up. But any character kan do that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
chill out,

f2 is -9 on block and doesnt neccesarily give you a free blockstring because the f2 has a huge range if the kung lao does it far enough he can still hit you out of attempt to pressure him. f2 on hit doesnt always leave you at standing 2 range, again the range of f2 is huge so kung lao will have to dash up a little sometime to connect his standing 2. teleport delay 3 is not designed to be a mixup between instant and delay perse. it has crossover mixups and some more stuff, some are gimmicks some teleport delay 3's are done off a good read.

and what combo do you use to get 45% off of a teleport 3? the double dive kick combo done off of 21 is 43%. also whiffed dive kick probably doesnt have landing frames, if you pressure kung lao its probably because he didnt land completely, kung lao can do whatever move he wants as long as he landed completely.

b1f1 string is a string that is used in many ways and kung lao players all have their own opinion of how it should be used, some use it as oki pressure.

you stated f3 can be linked into a special, I dont know if you meant whether it can be canceled or if it actually combos, because neither spin or low hat combo into f3 on hit, just wanted to make that clear. also you should add that f3 is very easy to whiff punish, even though people shouldnt be whiffing this move anyway because of its ridiculous range and the move isnt that good against subzero because of the clone imo.
dont know what gave you the impression im not chill.

F2 gives a free blockstring at max range just barely.

teleport 3 IS designed to be a mixup because it grants advantages to KL both on block and hit.

add in ex hat and you have 48%, my bad on the damage.

b1f1 can be used in many ways but this is the best use of it.

fair enough about F3, meant cancel but thats what making matchup charts late at night does to you.

it can be used vs subzero, one random teleport can punish clone for almost half life and sub wont be throwing them out unless on a read.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I feel I should point out that a blocked Teleport delayed 3 is advantage on block but it does NOT jail high, if you block a delayed 3 you can still poke Kung Lao out of 1121 or 21.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I feel I should point out that a blocked Teleport delayed 3 is advantage on block but it does NOT jail high, if you block a delayed 3 you can still poke Kung Lao out of 1121 or 21.
oh hell naw you cant

if advantage frames are the same or higher than the startup of a move you're forced to block it , same thing with sektors upmissiles and 12b1

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
it depends on the situation, there are times when you just dont wanna have to deal with the, especially as youre getting low hp and the damage/chip of 3/1121 get under your skin

IMO the risk reward is in subs favor considering how much KL gets from instant 3 but if you need to avoid any and all damage, uppercuts the way to go
no
backdashing is the way to go...... but alas.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
oh hell naw you cant

if advantage frames are the same or higher than the startup of a move you're forced to block it , same thing with sektors upmissiles and 12b1
People do it to me all of the time. Frame advantage doesn't help Kung Lao that much because all of his strings hit high, which means even if youre at a disadvantage you can still use a low poke to duck the first hit and unless Kung Laos at something like plus 20 your poke will come out before the second hit of his strings.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
People do it to me all of the time. Frame advantage doesn't help Kung Lao that much because all of his strings hit high, which means even if youre at a disadvantage you can still use a low poke to duck the first hit and unless Kung Laos at something like plus 20 your poke will come out before the second hit of his strings.
thats probably happening because you play online or your friend isnt doing it fast enough

the subject has come up before and i believe Somberness said you have to block.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
were talking about a teleport you dont expect or cant afford to risk moving, backdashing teleports isnt easy even when someone does it over and over if they cover it well.
If you didn't expect it, then and uppercut will come out late.... and you'll die.

Why take a risk of 12% v 40%+? That makes ZERO sense.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you didn't expect it, then and uppercut will come out late.... and you'll die.

Why take a risk of 12% v 40%+? That makes ZERO sense.
the animation is noticeable enough to react to, if its done from something like a jik though you can :

Slide through
Take the plunge and 22
Jump away
Blovk

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
STB CharlieMurphy but imo if you focus on seeing the teleport youll be able to react to it 99% of the time (offline)

online you might as well call it quits the moment you hear kung lag

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
thats probably happening because you play online or your friend isnt doing it fast enough

the subject has come up before and i believe Somberness said you have to block.
When i do Delayed 3 I do the follow up string as soon as I can, trust me you can poke Kung Lao after a blocked delayed 3. Same as you can poke him if he goes for a string after landing a d3.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
this is what you said:
were talking about a teleport you dont expect or cant afford to risk moving, backdashing teleports isnt easy even when someone does it over and over if they cover it well.
Then you go on saying
STB CharlieMurphy but imo if you focus on seeing the teleport youll be able to react to it 99% of the time (offline)

online you might as well call it quits the moment you hear kung lag
Seriously need to gather your thoughts.

Backdashing his teleport is the BEST option and the only one you should be practicing. You can 2,2 him after a back dash for a combo every time. At the very least you can simply clone and done with it. Why even THINK about options that give him any type of damage or advantage... when you have one sitting there that keeps you safe?
That is all i'm trying to convey.

dont know what gave you the impression im not chill.

F2 gives a free blockstring at max range just barely.

teleport 3 IS designed to be a mixup because it grants advantages to KL both on block and hit.

add in ex hat and you have 48%, my bad on the damage.

b1f1 can be used in many ways but this is the best use of it.

fair enough about F3, meant cancel but thats what making matchup charts late at night does to you.

it can be used vs subzero, one random teleport can punish clone for almost half life and sub wont be throwing them out unless on a read.

Read my post again, I was trying to say the teleport 3 isnt just a mixup between an instant and delayed one. I dont really use b1f1, It has its uses but I dont think its worth investing my time in anymore, a lot of kung lao players use b1f1 while they dont even use 24 spin when they really should, its one of his best launchers. f2 really has a far range go test it and you standing 2 doesnt hit mid, atleast not on kung lao, so kung lao is probably able to sneak in a poke or uppercut.

also off of tele delay 3 you can get 49% off of the regular double dive kick BnB but you shouldnt waste your meter for 6% as you can get 43% with the meterless version, just for your information if you happen to be interested in kung lao.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
this is what you said:

Then you go on saying

Seriously need to gather your thoughts.

Backdashing his teleport is the BEST option and the only one you should be practicing. You can 2,2 him after a back dash for a combo every time. At the very least you can simply clone and done with it. Why even THINK about options that give him any type of damage or advantage... when you have one sitting there that keeps you safe?
That is all i'm trying to convey.
i said react to it then listed options, did you see backdash anywhere in the options i listed? backdash is a READ, not a REACTION.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Read my post again, I was trying to say the teleport 3 isnt just a mixup between an instant and delayed one. I dont really use b1f1, It has its uses but I dont think its worth investing my time in anymore, a lot of kung lao players use b1f1 while they dont even use 24 spin when they really should, its one of his best launchers. f2 really has a far range go test it and you standing 2 doesnt hit mid, atleast not on kung lao, so kung lao is probably able to sneak in a poke or uppercut.

also off of tele delay 3 you can get 49% off of the regular double dive kick BnB but you shouldnt waste your meter for 6% as you can get 43% with the meterless version, just for your information if you happen to be interested in kung lao.
i tested it when i posted, he cant do anytthing even from max range.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i said react to it then listed options, did you see backdash anywhere in the options i listed? backdash is a READ, not a REACTION.
Online its a read. Offline you can react to teleport with a dash back. Just have to train yourself. It isn't easy though.
Once we get away from the "uppercut" and "d1" on teleport... KL loses options ... or he dies trying to do the same stuff. Bird Lao is a problem though... but bird Lao also flies into clones.

the biggest thing to help you with this... is to not hold block when he's that far away. It helps a ton.