What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zeros identity hinted in new dialogue!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Calling it now, Kuai Liang's soul was saved or resurrected some how and brought back to his normal self form OR it's a third brother...

I don't believe it's Bi Han...

or

NRS could be trolling everyone and QC is referring to someone else entirely and this could be a new Sub-Zero entirely.

trufenix

bye felicia
I agree. Not that any direction they go would surprise me... but given a 25-year timeline, I'd find it more of a stretch to think the Sub-Zero we've seen is one of the originals. Doesn't show any signs of aging, and they've already established "Sub-Zero" to be more of a symbol, not a single character.
Well whoever he is, he's the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei at present. Last time around that took whooping Sektor's ass who we now know was next in line because his dad was the previous Grandmaster. But we don't even know what happened to the robots, since the last time we saw them they got their asses collected whooped in the church. Who knows if they ever went back to Lin Kuei or if Sektor's dad just threw him out for being a failure, it's possible Lin Kuei has just been dormant since MK9 cause Sektor created a new Tekunin and went to work for Outworld or something.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I agree. Not that any direction they go would surprise me... but given a 25-year timeline, I'd find it more of a stretch to think the Sub-Zero we've seen is one of the originals. Doesn't show any signs of aging, and they've already established "Sub-Zero" to be more of a symbol, not a single character.
Im not sure where I saw this but IIRC cryomancers age slower then ordinary humans so the whole 25yrs in the future wouldnt matter much and most likely it's one of the 2 brothers im betting KL since I feel Cyber-Sub was just an MK9 thing.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
i mean obviously its one of them...i dont know why anyone cares which one it is in the first place
Younger subzer is the best developed character in the history of MK. So yea I care. They had to ruin him by turning him into a stupid cyborg.

Noob
I read a theory on TRMK a a while ago that kind of makes sense and may explain some things. Not my theory, but here goes:

At the end of CSZ arcade mode, Kahn "posesses" CSZ.

If you look at SZ in MKX in between rounds, his "ice armor" looks a whole lot like Kahn's armor, plus his giant ice hammer... Reminiscent of Kahn's weapon of choice.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I read a theory on TRMK a a while ago that kind of makes sense and may explain some things. Not my theory, but here goes:

At the end of CSZ arcade mode, Kahn "posesses" CSZ.

If you look at SZ in MKX in between rounds, his "ice armor" looks a whole lot like Kahn's armor, plus his giant ice hammer... Reminiscent of Kahn's weapon of choice.

It looks nothing like Shao Kahn from the front look up nether realms tumblr. It shows a gif of this win pose and you see its just ice.
Edit: For Shao Kahn a once mighty ruler of outworld to become a Earth realm ninja would be stupid imo.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
It looks nothing like Shao Kahn from the front look up nether realms tumblr. It shows a gif of this win pose and you see its just ice.
Edit: For Shao Kahn a once mighty ruler of outworld to become a Earth realm ninja would be stupid imo.
It does look somewhat like Khan and Its not stupid if that was Khans only option to live on, better that then completely dead/gone.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
over a period of 25 years any number of things could have happened.

this definitely sounds like Kuai Liang. Bi Han while not exactly evil never allied himself with the earthrealm warriors. his younger brother has on multiple occasions has so it would make sense that he would want to protect them now, especially after what Raiden did to them.

I swear I once heard extremely early on sub.zero saying something like "we grow tired of proving our innocence"

Not exactly that but does no one remember this? I wonder if I can refind that video later.

"I tire of maintaining our innocence"
Thanks,

I think that line bends toward Bi Han more simply because scorpion believes him to be the guilty one.

However he said "our". You could also spin that as kuai lang saying that to defend himself and bi Han from being the culprit in that image.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Thanks,

I think that line bends toward Bi Han more simply because scorpion believes him to be the guilty one.

However he said "our". You could also spin that as kuai lang saying that to defend himself and bi Han from being the culprit in that image.
Or him saying "our" could mean the lineage of Sub-Zero and he's the new one. That or "our" could be the entire clan. That's how I took it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It can't be Kahn...because the canon storymode Elder Gods vaporized him lol.

I think it's Kuei Liang resurrected to his regular form or it's a third brother.

trufenix

bye felicia
Or him saying "our" could mean the lineage of Sub-Zero and he's the new one. That or "our" could be the entire clan. That's how I took it.
In the old mk4 story Scorpion still blamed Sub II for the death of his family (on the advice of Quan Chi) even after having killed Sub I and vowing to protect Sub II from harm. The only thing that's changed is that Scorpion never made that vow, probably because Sub II whooped his ass and was about to kill him when he got captured.

I'll never understand why fighting games 'writers' like to complicate things so much. They suck at writing a cohesive story so they should just keep it simple. Street Fighter understood this a long time ago.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I'll never understand why fighting games 'writers' like to complicate things so much. They suck at writing a cohesive story so they should just keep it simple. Street Fighter understood this a long time ago.
...which is exactly why Street Fighter characters are boring as fuck. Who the hell would want to play a SF story mode, with all those loopy-ass roiders spouting their nonsense?

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I personally think that Mortal Kombat had an amazing story. Street fighter in my opinion is so extremely boring I can't even watch game play haha