What's new

Video/Tutorial Sub-Zero Vignette

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Gamespot releases a Sub-Zero Vignette clearing up all of the questions about Elder sub and Noob. You guys are gonna be surprised.

Vignette

Thanks to both of your, my fanboyism is through the roof today lol. So with how they explained it, any chance Noob shows up in the game too?

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
There we go. The Sub-zero in this game IS the originals brother.

So, does this possibly confirm that Noob will be in the game? It at least leaves the possibility open.

Noob
This is pretty much what I've been saying all along. It made no sense to retcon USub(MK2 Sub) out of the storyline as it would completely ruin the storyline for Noob. As such, it also made no sense to retcon Noob out of the storyline either. Plus, since this SZ has the ground freeze, it stands to reason that it's MK2 Sub, pre-scar.

I hope everyone checks this video out. It is a must-see

and you'd be crazy not to think Noob-Saibot will be in this game after seeing it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I didn't even doubt he'd be in MK9...just thought the plot twist would be that Noob is the younger brother instead.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
interesting story suggestion: by Shoalingangsta @ the Midway forums
There seems to be some confusion over the two brothers so I will try to make it easier.

Kuai Liang is the younger Sub-Zero considering it's a twist on his MK2 bio, He assumes his brothers role as Sub-Zero and mastered his ice powers so he could face Scorpion. It doesn't get anymore obvious than that.

Bi Han- Is the older brother who was killed by Scorpion and turned into Noob Saibot upon death.

The vignette is not that hard to understand plus the MK wiki site already stated that this may be the younger Sub-Zero and not the older one. If you don't believe then just keep watching vignette or wait until they say so.

This is pretty much what I've been saying all along. It made no sense to retcon USub(MK2 Sub) out of the storyline as it would completely ruin the storyline for Noob. As such, it also made no sense to retcon Noob out of the storyline either. Plus, since this SZ has the ground freeze, it stands to reason that it's MK2 Sub, pre-scar.
Now that I thought about it makes even more sense, since Raiden is doing his time travel thought thing so something will change in the timeline to prevent Khan winning Armageddon. So if this Sub were to be original, or Noob doesn't exist then that's something changed, no need for more work lol