What's new

Sub-Zero Mid-Screen Kombo into Kristmas Klone 2.0

Great finds. I do hate this kind of finnicky bullshit though with killing time so your clone cd is over when the combo is done. They should just buff the damn clone cd by at least half a second.

mrapchem

Noob
Great finds. I do hate this kind of finnicky bullshit though with killing time so your clone cd is over when the combo is done. They should just buff the damn clone cd by at least half a second.
You have no idea how much I agree with this. But you know how this community is - mfs HATE the Ice Klone and want it to be as weak as possible because they can't fight against it properly.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I dont play sub-zero, and never had much thought about his ice clone being "too powerful" in other games - it's basically one of his most defining moves. In MK1, I can unbiasedly say his ice clone is so laughably worse than every other version that you can teleport ON REACTION and punish it, 100% of the time, if he does string into clone (at least with Mileena, whom I play a lot). They should make the recovery frames way faster and have it last AT LEAST half a second more, IMO.

mrapchem

Noob
What do you do if you set your clone up and as you attack the opponent jumps back 2/jump back 3
Oh I see! If they jump back and try to attack you, they'll actually get frozen by the Klone. They can jump back or neutral jump normally, but you can attack with a jump 12 or even a B2. One time, I fought an Omni Man that went into the stance after my Klone and he dodged my overhead and still got frozen when he tried to command grab me!

Also, Sub-Zero even has enough time to block in case someone tries to wakeup Armor out; even Johnny Cage's 8-frame EX Shadow Kick can be blocked and punished by Sub on a read.

Last edited: