What's new

Sub-Zero Kombos

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
this is beta test sub, what's your point here mate?
This combo does less damage than the 1 bar version in the final game since they fucked his damage scaling. I honestly don’t even think Sub’s damage is a terrible thing, but it’s noticeable when he hits like this and is such a chore in other ways. Not to mention this combo he should have after the second B2 done J21 xx Sonya, then the J12, then ended with S3 xx slide, which is fine because it’s the beta, but this shows that Jynks doesn’t even understand Sub’s combo paths, but apparently we are full of shit.

But he does hit with low damage and is more resource dependent to combo off his mid, low, or jab strings than other characters. It’s not complaining, nor a complaint to say that, I think it’s fine.

I’d like to just improve with the version of him we have. I’ll never drop him, I’ll quit the game before I quit Sub-Zero. But people can’t help themselves. We had that other guy in the general discussion telling us “hehe good thing he’s bad, it’ll be exciting to see him get played for a change, you guys ONLY play him to avoid playing the game”, like shut the fuck up. Or Jynks dropping beta combo videos insinuating that we haven’t explored the F12 xx deadly vapors combo path a month into the fucking game. All so they can “um actually” us. Holy shit dude. The only Sub hater I will always accept with open arms is MD, who in this game doesn’t even talk about the ice klone lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

I cannot seem to stick the clone on this. Is it character specific or am I just missing the timing?
I’m not sure what it is that makes the difference but I always try to hit the second B2 as early as possible for the highest jiggle, same with J21 as high as I can, and be sure you’re buffering the klone so it comes out right as SZ lands on the ground. I usually don’t go this route though unless I’ll kill

any tips for the timing of triple b2 on the corner? I often miss the 3rd b2...
I want to do the b2, b2, b2, 4, bf3 kombo...
thanks beforehand..

Sub Zero mains need a buff, they went from imprisoning everyone, to being able to throw the prison at us, to having a 50/50 in a game that didnt have 50/50s, and after all these years of having a systematic process that works regardless of what the opponent does, you expect them to learn how to play the game? Not cool

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What is the best corner combo route for Sonya + meterless and Sonya + 1 bar for my fellow Sonya enjoyers? It’s not as intuitive as mid screen for this pair. @Cornellisms @Amplified$hotz

Also @Jynks are you playing Sub? If so I retract any and all shit we’ve talked and welcome you (either way these last few combos you’ve posted have been cool)

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
What is the best corner combo route for Sonya + meterless and Sonya + 1 bar for my fellow Sonya enjoyers? It’s not as intuitive as mid screen for this pair. @Cornellisms @Amplified$hotz

Also @Jynks are you playing Sub? If so I retract any and all shit we’ve talked and welcome you (either way these last few combos you’ve posted have been cool)
B2, b2 jf 12 xxsonya assist, jf12, 3xxslide.
with. I would use 21xxassist but it’s inconsistent in the corner.

One bar: B2, b2, jf12xxsonya, jf21xxdb4 mb, jf12xxsonya, 3xxslide.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
B2, b2 jf 12 xxsonya assist, jf12, 3xxslide.
with. I would use 21xxassist but it’s inconsistent in the corner.

One bar: B2, b2, jf12xxsonya, jf21xxdb4 mb, jf12xxsonya, 3xxslide.
Ah I was hoping you wouldn’t say that. The meterless mid screen combo is better than the meterless corner, that’s the one I use too. Thanks man

Destroyer showing that scaling or lack there or of off of j21 is good stuff. Sub has a 36% damage combo off of B3 low starter for no bar with sareena assist at mid screen.

B3 sareena assist b2 b2 j12 12slide 36% mid screen no bar pretty easy to do

Weird that extending his combos with ground freeze makes his combos do less damage lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
what’s your guys’ favorite Sonya corner combos off b34?

iv been doing. b34 x Sonya, B2, S4 x klone, JF21 x Sonya, S4 x slide for 398 meterless

Then B34 x Sonya, b2, s4 x klone, JF 21 x EX divekick, JF12 x Sonya, 3 x slide for 410 one bar

don’t feel optimal but good damage nonetheless

Something i've been labing is ending more combos in Clone punch instead of slide. You're extremely +, and unlike slide, you have a bunch of space so you can setup your clone/punch/ball game.

It slots in pretty easily instead of slide in most combos, and sure seems to set sub up better.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Something i've been labing is ending more combos in Clone punch instead of slide. You're extremely +, and unlike slide, you have a bunch of space so you can setup your clone/punch/ball game.

It slots in pretty easily instead of slide in most combos, and sure seems to set sub up better.
I’d really like if we could find a way to get one of our more plus enders to hit from a high enough height in the corner to give enough advantage for some kind of klone armor break scenario. But the recovery and duration on klone is so bad I can’t find anything remotely real.