What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Durango

Enhancer
I'm getting these combos down. Only problem is B2 B2 1 B12 Ice Clone, the Clone won't pop up sometimes. I think you have to make sure to hit them a little lower first, though.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
It's very easy combo. You must wait a short moment after d1 and then press fast b12 clone. If you play against female character that often doesn't work. Female characters have smaller hitbox than male. If you do that combo against female do: b2, b2, d1, b12 ex ice ball, njp, jk and then 123 slide or 112 for hard knockdown.

I have also nice combo in the corner after B2:

B2, 1, 1, d1, b12 ice clone, njp, jp, b12 slide.

PwnStar

Noob
I'm trying to get ice clone corner combos on Cassie Cage and they're super inconsistent. I've pretty much given up and opted for things like:

b2, b12~ice ball, nj1, bj1, f12, ice clone set up.

Is Cassie just harder than most females?

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm trying to get ice clone corner combos on Cassie Cage and they're super inconsistent. I've pretty much given up and opted for things like:

b2, b12~freeze, nj1, bj1, f12, ice clone set up.

She makes it really hard, doesn't she

Embestone

Stoen
After the May 14th patch, and the ice clone cooldown, b2,b2, d1 b12xx Ice clone no longer works consistently when you've landed the b2 as your first mix-up after your ice clone set up. Due to the fact that the ice clone from the set up lingers into mid combo, and the cooldown disallowing you to do another iceclone. Will still work depending on your timing, but be wary.

Alioune

Noob

b2, b12~ice ball, nj1, bj1, f12, ice clone set up.

Replace b12 with b3 on females.

Zith

Noob
Replace b12 with b3 on females.
Beat me to it, just made an account to post my discoveries on the female cast.

Online:
I've been doing b2, b2,1, b3~clone but you lose a lot of damage with that combo (about 6% compared to what you can get on the males in the corner), I find the standing jab helps me time the b3. This is probably the easiest way to combo into the clone on the female hurt-box, the freeze is near guaranteed. The only problem is sometimes they are so frozen so low to the ground that it can be hard to correctly time the nj2.

For the same damage you get on males:
b2, b2,1,1, b12~clone works really well on the female cast, the double jab seems to make them fall really quickly which helps.
I found that you can also substitute the 1,1 for d1,1 depending on preference. If you guys remember like a month back someone posted b2,b2,d3,1,b12~clone... That also works but is really hard to pull off.
Also really helps with the new clone cooldown because the extra jab helps waste those two seconds from a vanishing clone.

Due to the clone nerf, I've changed the male corner combo to include an extra jab as well: b2,b2,1,d1,b12~clone

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So, just to add to the many new b2 corner combos coming out, I found one that does 2% more than the old one, and can be looped.

b2, b2, 1 1 d1 b12 xx Ice Clone.... yada yada... Video below.
Ok, of all the search for new tech the past 24 hours, I like this one and it looks consistent.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So its been awhile since I've checked back in here but have we found consistent ice clone combos on FEMALE characters yet?

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can you add for mid screen mid-air frozen combos - neutral jump punch, 1, B12, ice smash for 18%. This is the most damage I can get mid screen, does anyone know if there's a higher damage string than this? I'd really like to be able to break 20% when someone jumps on my frickin' clone.