What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I think he loses to Tremor, Predator, D'Vorah, Takeda(only in lasher), Kenshi(only balanced), Kung Jin(Shaolin) , and Quan Chi(Summoner). I think we could make this a pretty good rescource.
Not Balanced. Balanced is so bad, he doesn't even need to clone to pound Balanced. Possessed tho, he can punish unsafe clone cancels meterlessly and can check his slide and footsie normals with shoulder.
E: Balanced can do all that too, but generally he's a lot unsafer and more susceptible to getting punished by slide. (eg. balanced shoulder is -15, possessed is -10).

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not Balanced. Balanced is so bad, he doesn't even need to clone to pound Balanced. Possessed tho, he can punish unsafe clone cancels meterlessly and can check his slide and footsie normals with shoulder.
E: Balanced can do all that too, but generally he's a lot unsafer and more susceptible to getting punished by slide. (eg. balanced shoulder is -15, possessed is -10).
Fair enough

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Just to throw this out there for info purposes. , but I recently realized I was dropping a lot of f12 Enders because I was dashing forward after a corner clone freeze and apparently in sum situations being too close will mess up the gravity or something , now I space it where I'm jus close enough to connect the njp and no more dropped f12's!

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
Just to throw this out there for info purposes. , but I recently realized I was dropping a lot of f12 Enders because I was dashing forward after a corner clone freeze and apparently in sum situations being too close will mess up the gravity or something , now I space it where I'm jus close enough to connect the njp and no more dropped f12's!
I dash forward after every freeze and I never have f12 drop. It could be a jip issue. Do you use 1 or 2?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
F1 connects but the 2 drops , they hit the ground too soon , any other ideas on what I may be doing wrong?
You could be doing the B12xxklone too late after the D1(I'm assuming this is the double B2 male corner combo), try to get it as high as possible but not too high or else it won't combo and you will whiff Klone. If the second hit is what is dropping, then you aren't getting good height. Or it could be the ji2 isn't being done soon enough. After the njp, hold jump forward so that Sub-Zero can leave the ground immediately once he lands, mash 2 since there is no real penalty for doing so in the air while you are comboing, then get the F12 knock down as soon as possible to give you max advantage and a setup.

KingJerm731

Yeah it really shouldn't be dropping. It's not dependent on freeze height. They are going to bounce the same no matter what the distance is from the ground.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yeah it really shouldn't be dropping. It's not dependent on freeze height. They are going to bounce the same no matter what the distance is from the ground.
Not true at all dude , and no it's not the b2b2 Combo that one I land perfect every time , I'm talking about when I end up having to use less than optimal clone freeze combos like 242 1 11xxclone , they gravity seems a lot different

boba_buster

Noob saibot
For sum reason 242 increases gravity more than b2 , the (2) in 24(2) also scales damage more than any of subs other normals as well

KingJerm731

Yes, 242 affects the gravity. I'm pretty sure that freeze height doesn't, however. I'll have one whiff off of a b2, 242 corner combo every now and then. Maybe try cutting out the jip and just go straight from njp to f12? I've seen a couple dudes do that.