What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Rebelo

Noob
Go straight into b2 starter after the first combo :D .
Edit : I meant one where the clone setup doesnt get punished by wakeup ex slide from sub zero for example and where you dont have to walk back.
There no walk make didn't you see The new video and no matter what if b2 is block you can't cancel anything out of it b2 block is punish by anything 10 frames of faster that has range

Alioune

Noob
There no walk make didn't you see The new video and no matter what if b2 is block you can't cancel anything out of it b2 block is punish by anything 10 frames of faster that has range
Yeah Ive seen them. b33 doesnt require as much range to combo into shatter, B2 is the problem.
Can you plz do the same setup (the very first combo) and go straight into b2 from the same range instead of b33 iceball?
FYI I have a solution to what I think is the problem but just making sure we are on the same page.

Last edited:
Hey guys I got a little sumthing for you for what I showing here is how to get of your clone safley in perfect spot for those meterless big damage clone shatter combos.
good stuff & thanks for posting rebelo
arent you the Guile player from USF4?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I wish there was more organized game play out there of grandmaster sub. I've seen a couple threads and tombrady vs reo and all, but I just want to watch some other matchups and all.
I play Sub-Zero at GBS every week. Had a really close set against Dizzy's Kung Jin last Thursday. Check out the archive. Hopefully I'll be getting on stream more and more as I level up.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm theory crafting a bit on using the clone coupled with a normal to break armored wake-ups. Haven't tested it much, but was wondering people's opinion on the matter. It would be good against characters with safe reversals like Kung Jin and Liu Kang. Could probably do something like set up a clone, then run up B33 xx ice ball.

@Rebelo does your corner clone shatter set ups work on everyone ? when i try it the opponent lands too fast on the ground to connect a punch after the b+3,3 to combo him..

Subzero is too fucking good in this game. 50-50 all over the place into ice clones, block strings into ice clones. so you can't jump in or rush him. What would you guys say is his worst match up? .
I just played against sick cybernetics Kano....you can't duck under his projectiles and he can spam them like auto Jaqui. Also Kenshi balance and Ermac are pretty nasty cause their projectiles go through clone. Very good zoners can be hard grind for sub with few safe options.

skater11

The saltiest
Well I don't play any of those chars but now that you mention them. I will look into atleast one of them. Thanks.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I just do Run 123
I don't like because you still need some timing and precision to land the Slide all the times. I rather use Tom's variation with run, 1, f42~slide. A lot easier to land the Slide accurately. But hey, that's me.

I don't like because you still need some timing and precision to land the Slide all the times. I rather use Tom's variation with run, 1, f42~slide. A lot easier to land the Slide accurately. But hey, that's me.
Yeah, there have been times where I have abandoned all hope and just went with F4,2 because I couldn't hit the 123 slide, but 123 does more damage and longer corner carry.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Yeah, there have been times where I have abandoned all hope and just went with F4,2 because I couldn't hit the 123 slide, but 123 does more damage and longer corner carry.
Yeah true that. Too bad you need a lot more precision to execute combos than in MK9. I could literally do most of SZ combos at MK9 with eyes closed lol

Hello boys, got few questions, here we go:

1) Is it still worth to end corner combo with NJK for clone setup?(is there any more dmg options than those in #1post?anyone tried F12 ender?) Isnt this shatter setup for big no meter combos better?
2) Whats the best combo in corner after NJP for pure dmg/setup?
3) What is the most dmging 1meter combo in corner? Something that i can use for pure dmg to end the round.
4) Whats the best combo after F42,EXDB1 ? midscreen

Thanks in advance

I'm actually curious about what the better corner ender will be for setting up the clone. Ending in B3, 3, D4 to Clone seems very promising due to the Clone shatter combos plus not only do ya no longer have to hit confirm the low string but it has good pushback on block and breaks armor.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
No, I mean what are you doing after B2 that you can't combo out of?
The same combo 11, into shatter after B2. It seems I have to take a step back to combo off it because the link to the other 1,1 seems impossible.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The same combo 11, into shatter after B2. It seems I have to take a step back to combo off it because the link to the other 1,1 seems impossible.
I would try an easier combo and end with F12. Slide is the worst ender in the corner because you don't get a guaranteed clone up.

You always want to have a clone up that sets up either a shatter mixup or a throw one.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So I recently started trying shatter combos and mix ups. Is there a list some where of the shatter combos? And do thy have shatter begginer combos? Also is string into Clone shatter plus on block?