What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Dankster Morwrestler : 2079304 said:
Which variations are you having trouble with? Sub beats Jax's ass, and Lao and Liu are even. Piercing Mileena is really hard, Shaolin Jin is bad but definitely not unwinnable, and demo Sonya is hard but he beats the other two variations.
Sorry i ment to say wrestler shaoln covert ops dragons fire and tempest

Lokheit

Noob
Heres a list of characters i cannot beat with sub-zero jax kung lao melina liu kang kung jin and sonya
As Dankster said, variation is really important here. Jax and Liu beat Cryomancer but GM can deal with them.

What exactly is happening in those match ups? What are you trying and which are the moves that you can't counter? We need mores specific info to help :)

Edit: Ok I saw that you were playing GM, what problems are you finding on each match up?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sorry i ment to say wrestler shaoln covert ops dragons fire and tempest
With covert ops just abuse the shit out of clone, pay attention for dive kick, stay in slide range so you can stop her from using her projectile. For dragons Fire, try and walk him to the corner, and jump the low fireball and punish him. For tempest just clone and be VERY patient. Jump 2 and some hat mormals go through the Klone, once again watch for dive kick, punish any teleport attempt with stand 1 or just whiff a slide if you don't feel confident with your AA, backdash after ex hat- you don't need to hold this pressure anymore. For wrestler I'd say go to the Jax forums and learn more about his tick throws. I admittedly don't know a ton about this matchup, but once again clone and be patient.

With covert ops just abuse the shit out of clone, pay attention for dive kick, stay in slide range so you can stop her from using her projectile. For dragons Fire, try and walk him to the corner, and jump the low fireball and punish him. For tempest just clone and be VERY patient. Jump 2 and some hat mormals go through the Klone, once again watch for dive kick, punish any teleport attempt with stand 1 or just whiff a slide if you don't feel confident with your AA, backdash after ex hat- you don't need to hold this pressure anymore. For wrestler I'd say go to the Jax forums and learn more about his tick throws. I admittedly don't know a ton about this matchup, but once again clone and be patient.
Thanks dude

As Dankster said, variation is really important here. Jax and Liu beat Cryomancer but GM can deal with them.

What exactly is happening in those match ups? What are you trying and which are the moves that you can't counter? We need mores specific info to help :)

Edit: Ok I saw that you were playing GM, what problems are you finding on each match up?
I have trouble with wake ups and armors they always beat my attacks i dont know what to do and jax and kung lao in the corner is so annoying i cant do anything

Creepy00

Noob
Speaking of MUs, what is the general consensus about GM sub vs Alien? I haven't gotten the time to explore/grind this MU as much as the other DLC characters. In fact, I have 0 exp versus good aliens.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Im useing grandmaster
Who are your other alts? One thing you have to remember is that sub zero doesn't play the same game as the rest of the kast , even the wake up game is totally diff with sub , I'm realizing a lot of this now since I finally have my co main I have been waiting for since release(smoke) and sub is the only character I have played since day 1 never used another character befor

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub Zero match up chart
Just thought it would be cool finishing this off now. Give your thoughts and lets discuss KP2 match ups.

@RM Ree
@Dankster Morgan
@Lokheit
@Tom Brady
@zoofs
@boba_buster
@Creepy00
@Everyothersubplayer
So far I'd change is I think grandmaster is even with summoner Quan and only loses to tremor 4-6. I also think he loses to demo Sonya 3-7 and beats gunslinger Erron 6-4 and outlaw 7-3. I'll take a second language ok later but so far looks good.

Lokheit

Noob
Changes I'd make for Cryo:

- Loses against A-List but could be even against Stunt Double, basically switching the numbers in the table.
- He doesn't lose against Kitana, it's even and I'd even say favorable for some variations, but even for sure.
- He loses against all forms of Jax, he is one of his worst matchups, Pumped Up might not be as good as the others, but still not favorable IMO.

Lokheit

Noob
I think GM does great against Jax , why do you think otherwise lokeit?
Cryo deals badly against opponents with good tools to reach you from mid distance and stay in your face with safe pressure. GM can stop that kind of characters because of the klone but Cryo is too dependant on armor against that type of character. That's why I have A-List or Jax as bad match ups and from my experience it tends to be rough if the player knows what he is doing.

He does well against zoners without low projectiles like Kitana, you only have to know your distance and slide under her fans. Once you're smashing her face with a hammer she isn't much of a threat that's why I think he doesn't lose that one. At least I don't tend to have problems against Kitanas.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Winning(7-3 in Sub-Zero's favor)
Sonya(Covert Ops)
Sub-Zero(Unbreakable)
Jacqui(High Tech)
Johnny Cage(Fisticuffs)
Erron Black(Outlaw)
Kotal Kahn(Blood God)
Kotal Kahn(Sun God)
Triborg(Smoke)
Triborg(Cyber Sub-Zero)