What's new

Sub-Zero Does Not Function Properly as Player 2 in MK1

mrapchem

Noob
As discovered by fellow TYMer SOLEdier, Sub-Zero has at least one combo that only works for Player 1 and does not work at all for Player 2.

NRS must fix this immediately, and additionally, needs to buff Sub-Zero in the ways suggested by MK Tom Brady or at the very least,
revert him to how he played in the Online Beta. Thank you for watching.

As discovered by fellow TYMer SOLEdier, Sub-Zero has at least one combo that only works for Player 1 and does not work at all for Player 2.

NRS must fix this immediately, and additionally, needs to buff Sub-Zero in the ways suggested by MK Tom Brady or at the very least,

thanks for the thread! i have the same situation with havik/sub and i thought i was going crazy, but now i have tested it for both players again.

the combo is f11~bf1, dash, f12~fk, db1, jf123

it works for player one easily, but with p2 its almost impossible to connect the last hit.

mrapchem

Noob
thanks for the thread! i have the same situation with havik/sub and i thought i was going crazy, but now i have tested it for both players again.

the combo is f11~bf1, dash, f12~fk, db1, jf123

it works for player one easily, but with p2 its almost impossible to connect the last hit.
Wooooooow.....so this is affecting other characters too, huh????
We need to spread the word far and wide. Everyone needs to test their characters' best combos with both players then.

mrapchem

Noob
I am certain NRS will want to fix this, I hope it's something they can identify and fix quickly. It strikes me as the sort of thing that can be a massive pain in the ass to track down. We cannot have the P1 advantage tourney nonsense going on in 2023.
Amen.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m wondering if this is just a player 2 issue in general since apparently other characters have this same problem. Very strange. I have no idea what would be causing this. @Immortal any ideas?

I’m wondering if this is just a player 2 issue in general since apparently other characters have this same problem. Very strange. I have no idea what would be causing this. @Immortal any ideas?
i mean you see it in your video, p2 pushes the opponent a bit away right before the start of his air string, while p1 doesnt. im sure that causes the drop. why its there though? maybe something costume-related or a coding artifact?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Several but nothing anybody gonna be able to confirm without looking at the source code and/or hurtbox setup.

Looks like the calculation on OH/ITA(on hit in the air) movement for the ragdoll(in simple terms skeleton) is slightly different(or gives a slightly different value for final calculation=outcome) depending which player you are. Since it's move specific/or type of moves specific(like in air moves) and does'nt impact all characters equaly its really hard to tell from just looking at it on the client side.

Costumes have nothing to do with that, since the hurtboxes are setup on the skeletons, so that for sure is not it.

Anyways, this should be easy to find on dev side of things, either by fidning bug in calculations or just adjusting hurtbox if this only affects certain character/s. One of many side effects of rushing the game to release.

Last edited:

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I'm not sure if i should feel nostalgic (it's only been 12 years... only), but how you're doing, MK9 P1 shenanigans ? Been a minute.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones

Thank you for making a thread for it.

I knew I had to not be the only one to experience this. I was getting super frustrated when I would be dropping this in a set and had to figure out why. Luckily I had my brother have it on PC as well so we could test it.

Fermbiz

Noob
I'm wonder now if this is a player 2 side issue with multiple characters.

But if its just a Sub issue, NRS will just nerf the connecting clone on the player 1 side