What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero can remotely detonate ice clone?

E

Eldriken

Looks like he can detonate it.

If you notice, he forms an iceball in his hand and smashes it, which then causes the ice clone to explode.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Looks like he can detonate it.

If you notice, he forms an iceball in his hand and smashes it, which then causes the ice clone to explode.
That's part of what I'm thinking maybe you can't have both ice clone and ice ball on the screen at the same team. If ice clone is on screen maybe a ice ball cancels the clone.

Just guessing. Either way it's awesome.

axeman87

Noob
Scorpion took damage from it when it exploded.

I'd guess that it only freezes if the opponent hits it, or you can detonate manually and cause damage.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It looks like he uses another special to make it explote... Like he leaves anice clone there... And then uses that ground pound and it explotes... Looks very good in the corner.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Well, Max just confirmed that Sub-Zero remotely detonating ice clone is for real. He mentioned this in his part 2 of hands on. Pay close attention at 3 minutes, but the whole video is worth watching.

Enjoy.

I agree with most of the posts. It appears that it is some sort of command that detonates the clone to do damage at close range. I know, this post isn't adding much, but I'm new, and I certainly hope contribute more as time goes on. THANKS to TYM.COM on twitter for helping me with my account difficulties.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
The main purpous of this is so people won't just walk up and throw the ice clone at you.

I'm willing to bet this will have insane combo potential in the corner.