What's new

Stuck in the Lower Pit in the Krypt - Help? (possible Spoilers)

I put on Kenshi's bandana and was immediately attacked by the demon spirit which put me in the lower pit area (I had never accessed this area before). I'm down on the bottom with all of the spikes and the dragon's leaking blood out of their mouths.

I open all the chests I can, find ermac after he falls on my head and find an elevator to go upstairs. In the upstairs area I see that there is a hallway with a closed door. Only problem is that the chain for the closed door is located on the OTHER side of the door and I don't seem to have any way to open it.

I've been searching the lower pit area far and wide for an escape and also looked for a way to open that door but nothing seems to work. Other than the few shao khan chests in the area, I've opened all chests (I think).

How do I get out of here? Help?

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I put on Kenshi's bandana and was immediately attacked by the demon spirit which put me in the lower pit area (I had never accessed this area before). I'm down on the bottom with all of the spikes and the dragon's leaking blood out of their mouths.

I open all the chests I can, find ermac after he falls on my head and find an elevator to go upstairs. In the upstairs area I see that there is a hallway with a closed door. Only problem is that the chain for the closed door is located on the OTHER side of the door and I don't seem to have any way to open it.

I've been searching the lower pit area far and wide for an escape and also looked for a way to open that door but nothing seems to work. Other than the few shao khan chests in the area, I've opened all chests (I think).

How do I get out of here? Help?
I'm pretty sure you just walk up to where you walked in, there should be a bunch of debris on the ground. Then your character uses the amulet to clear the debris or something like that.

I'm pretty sure you just walk up to where you walked in, there should be a bunch of debris on the ground. Then your character uses the amulet to clear the debris or something like that.
Sounds easy enough. However, I didn’t quite walk into the area. More like died and re-spawned. Can you be more specific about where the rubble is?

I spawned in the corner furthest from the elevator facing where ermac falls. When I spawned the dragons and blood river were to my left.

The rubble blocks the elevator. But if you can just walk in to the elevator, thats your way out. Then just gotta find your way around Goro's Lair again ;)
Gotcha.. still got questions tho!

i cleared those rocks and took the elevator up. When I got to the top level, the door to goro’s lair is shut down and locked. Lever looks like it’s on the other side of the door and I can’t open it.

Are there other ways to open the door?

I didn’t enter the lower pit through this door and never opened it prior btw

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Gotcha.. still got questions tho!

i cleared those rocks and took the elevator up. When I got to the top level, the door to goro’s lair is shut down and locked. Lever looks like it’s on the other side of the door and I can’t open it.

Are there other ways to open the door?

I didn’t enter the lower pit through this door and never opened it prior btw
Hmm, do you have a screenshot? I'm at work or else I'd go in the game myself and check

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Oooh that is shitty . I think u may be boned my man my only possible solution is to figure out where u respawned and if possible go a bit closer to where u died if that makes sense and then keep putting on the headband till the demon kills u again. With some luck of the elder gods it may port u back up

Invincibeast

Stay Free
@Birdsbowl24 this does look like a glitch, I'm not sure what to try to work around it other than the suggested headband demon again. I'll walk around the area when I'm home from work and see if I can find anything that would help

Thanks for suggestions, guys.

Game breaking glitch sounds lame, especially because I had lots of krypt still left to explore...

Really hope I can die/re-pawn back up top in goro’s lair.

Looking more and more like this a glitch. Got killed a few more times by the demon and respawned in the same spot I currently am in. I think I’m stuck at the bottom of the pit to rot haha.

Is there any way to restart my progress (other than the kronika wheels) or fast travel somewhere?

You could try logging out of the Krypt while standing in different spots and then loading back in. The game has various places it's programmed to spawn you depending on where you signed out. I doubt it will work, since this sounds like a serious glitch, but might be worth a shot if you've got nothing else.

EDIT: I'd specifically try it while in the elevator all the way at the top. Maybe the game will read you as in Goro's Lair.

Last edited:
You could try logging out of the Krypt while standing in different spots and then loading back in. The game has various places it's programmed to spawn you depending on where you signed out. I doubt it will work, since this sounds like a serious glitch, but might be worth a shot if you've got nothing else.

EDIT: I'd specifically try it while in the elevator all the way at the top. Maybe the game will read you as in Goro's Lair.
Really good idea but didn’t quite work. Tried it a handful of times and it spawns me in then “upper cavern” part of the lower pit or in the part of goro’s lair where I am locked behind the door/gate.

Feeling like Akon right now.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, this sucks :eek: .... if anything fails, the only solution is try to locate manually where your save game file is on your platform, try to delete it, and start over the game again, from the zero point, reseting all your progress inside the game hehe .... it's sucks, I know ! :confused: