What's new

Tech Stryker's Oki Game (post-knockdown options)

This is a pretty big project I've been working on for the last few weeks.

For a long time my main gameplan was focused on: ending combos with roll toss vs rushdown characters and ending combos with a reset on characters I can't zone. But I was never really too sure what to do when I scored different types of knockdown (baton sweep, roll toss etc.). I didn't know what were the best possible follow ups (that would present the least amount of risk and the highest amount of reward). So that's what I've been obsessed with lately.

----------------------------------------------
G.S.B. = Gun xx Stance xx Block
G.D.P. = Gun xx Down+Poke
G.F.J. = Gun xx Forward Jump
G.B.J. = Gun xx Backward Jump
JP/JK = Jump Punch/Jump Kick
C.J.P = Cross-over Jump Punch
NJP = Neutral Jump Punch
EJ = Empty Jump
OS = Option-Select
----------------------------------------------

1. Baton Sweep follow ups

2. Roll Toss follow ups

3. Throw follow ups

4. Frame Advantage Combo follow ups

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Vulcan Hades now you had to go ahead and done it again. Amazing guide man, im going to drop stryker because this masterpiece is too beautiful. I will defile it if I attempt any of them :p

Ok now on the Throw follow up Oki, I noticed that you actually finish the full 2,3,2 string. You can finish it with EN gunshot (yes it a combo) for a reset meaning you leave them standing. What that means is that you can go for another FW throw which will add another 12% and put them in the same situation:). Not sure what other viable follow ups we can do after the EN gunshot, maybe D3 into standing 4 if they attempt to jump out. I think the throw is still the best option because the most they can do is break it and they will still be in the corner...HOLY CRAP! did you just find a throw vortex for stryker in the corner for certain chars? :confused:

EDIT: For Frame Advantage Follow Ups - How come you didnt show any of the combos ending in uppercuts? This is another combo ender that give full advantage as well.

All in all, fantastic work V. I know you've been talking about this project for a while now and I must say it was worth the wait. Every time you release those damn videos I look at my stryker and be like "What the hell have you been doing in the lab all this time?" lol

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I think that if the training mode wasn't as awesome as it is this would've taken you a lot less time to make lol Good job man.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think that if the training mode wasn't as awesome as it is this would've taken you a lot less time to make lol Good job man.
You think there's a chance of NRS fixing the training mode in the hotfix coming up?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Vulcan Hades - first clip, @ 2:20 - just so you're aware, very rarely would a decent or better Skarlet player do a wakeup DB4 like that. Not criticizing you, but informing you so that you're aware that the scenario here doesn't totally make sense :) Also @ 4:33 of the final video.

The question I would pose is whether or not the low grenade bait works when Skarlet wakes up into EX Red Dash into Up Slash vs Red Slide vs cross-over jump? This scenario is far more likely. Hope this helps!

Awesome videos! Something about Stryker has always scared me - cool to see him getting a lot of attention!

Nice info on some wakeup atacks if people do them some wakes are extremely unsafe now i see no fly fly wakes for kitana vs striker jejeje only cutt if close :) nice videos

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Good stuff man, Stryker is a killer and you are the big part of exploring and maximizing his potential. Great job!

X_X I had nightmares about it.

Police Brutality said:
EDIT: For Frame Advantage Follow Ups - How come you didnt show any of the combos ending in uppercuts? This is another combo ender that give full advantage as well.
Because it's not good enough to end with uppercut. It's something I realized recently: A raw uppercut gives more frame advantage than a combo ending with uppercut. It also depends on the gravity scaling. A long combo ending with uppercut will not give you enough frame advantage for safe gun cancels vs characters with quick teleports. You would need to make your combo much shorter but then you wouldn't deal a lot of damage.

The same is true for Baton Sweep and Roll Toss: you have a little less advantage if they're done at the end of a long combo. Most of the time it won't matter but in a few cases you need to adjust your timing. I'll try to make another video illustrating this.

Vulcan Hades - first clip, @ 2:20 - just so you're aware, very rarely would a decent or better Skarlet player do a wakeup DB4 like that.
Thanks. I don't know anything about Skarlet tbh.

I also included it to show that Skarlet's teleport on whiff can be punished by a full B1,2,2 combo. This is interesting considering forward dash or forward walk will completely avoid her tele.

You the man Vulcan :) That was the most awesome vid for a character I've seen so far ;) And adding special things to inform us on the risk.................;( Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Because it's not good enough to end with uppercut. It's something I realized recently: A raw uppercut gives more frame advantage than a combo ending with uppercut. It also depends on the gravity scaling. A long combo ending with uppercut will not give you enough frame advantage for safe gun cancels vs characters with quick teleports. You would need to make your combo much shorter but then you wouldn't deal a lot of damage.

The same is true for Baton Sweep and Roll Toss: you have a little less advantage if they're done at the end of a long combo. Most of the time it won't matter but in a few cases you need to adjust your timing. I'll try to make another video illustrating this.
How dare you lie to me, that's not what you said a few months back:p LOL. I got you. In this case I think it only wouldnt work against smoke, but I use to practice B122~NJP~2 xx gunshot~Uppercut to practice my gun cancel dash block against certain teleporters.

I love ppl who like to take use low tier chars .. and I m from that group too... very nice tricks and i really LOVED that OS at the first video !!! that was so god-like ... great job i m getting to this thread soon after finishing my sheeva adventure :) << ( I just love weak chars )

haha yeah it's just that my last video about option-selects confused a lot of non-Stryker players. So I was worried that it would again cause a fuss.

They didn't understand what the option select was and why it worked for Stryker (because of untechable knockdown + long active frames of B2)

Stryker's baton sweep, roll toss and throws are all untechable so the opponent can't roll back into wake up attack.

Tim Static

Adminerator
lmao... Vulcan Hades actually PM'd me before about NOT putting stuff up because the front page gets his stuff "too much" attention. You didn't know though... I just think it's funny. Vulcan, you're a mad man! :)
Well yea, he means crap like Soul Caliber MK wannabes :p

Nonetheless, no worries Vulcan Hades your dedication and love needs to be shown to the masses like only TYM can do it. What you do for your character is simply AWESOME!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
If every forum had the tenacity and creativity as you, we'd be swimming in tech. Goddamn you do sooo much for Stryker, despite what other's think of his tier position. You are an inspiration, great stuff.