What's new

Striking Similarities between the DLC and current Cast

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I've been playing around with Skarlet and Kenshi and watched t video for rain, and I have a few impressions from them:

It seems to me that almost all of the DLC characters seem to be some sort of mesh-up of 2 other characters. In playstyle and the way their moves look.

I'm not really complaining, because I LOVE the DLC so far. Just wondering if anyone else thinks so...

Skarlet - Scorpion x Mileena
Kenshi - Nightwolf x Noob
Rain - Sektor x Reptile

Skarlet plays VERY similarly to Mileena. They are both Rushdown//Mix-Up Centric characters with similar projectiles (Skarlet's is dash-cancellable - woohoo!). She has a Scorp/Smoke-esque teleport and very similar mix-up in Down-Slash mimic-ing B+2. Her Red Slide is very similar to his Takedown as well.

Kenshi's Rising Karma is an almost perfect analog to NW's hatchet and the shorter duration is the ONLY difference between the 2 reflects. He even has a shoulder ram that, while being less abusable, is almost functionally identical. TK Slashes are very similar to Noob's Clones and Tele-Flurry is abused by most just like Noob's tackle.

Rain comments are based on initial observations from the video; however his fighting style looks almost identical to Reptile with the odd overhead smashes. His "Rain Ball" looks very much so like an EN Acid Ball (Controlling the opponent will 8/10 be drawing them closer, which the Acid Ball already does making them functionally similar as well) and his little squirt gun looks just like EN Acid Spit. His kicks and teleport are almost identical to Sektor.

Discuss! =-D

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like I'm the only person on this website who actually plays this game.

i hate fighting mileena, i have no problem fighting skarlet though. kenshi has some similarities to noob though i guess, in that people just zone and then rising karma/tk shoulder me whenever i get close

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Apparently, obvious troll is not so obvious ...
I'm poking fun at people who are seeing these things ...
Damn ... I REALLY need to work on troll ettiquette

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I know right. I also noticed another similarity between the dlc cast. THEY ALL HAVE UPPERCUTS! Fudge man, such obvious lack of imagination. And look at Ermac and Scorpion, they both have teleports!

Havik

Noob
they are all cames from the background in stages
skarlet khans kholisseum
kenshi pit
rain temple

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Apparently, obvious troll is not so obvious ...
I'm poking fun at people who are seeing these things ...
Damn ... I REALLY need to work on troll ettiquette
I actually spent ten minutes staring at a blank reply box trying to figure out if you were trolling. I figured you weren't just because I've read FAR stupider posts on this forum wherein the poster is being genuine. Following a pattern, if you will. But I was still less than sure so you just got the one-liner.

So obvious troll was not truly obvious, but mostly successful troll was mostly successful.

Respect. :congrats: