What's new

Street Fighter X Megaman Guide **Spoilers**

Decided to write a quick guide (looslely using that term) for Street Fighter X Megaman. If you do not wish to see the most effective weapons or any information about the ending, please do not expand the spoiler tags.

Below I will list the most effective weapons to use for each boss, my preferred stage order, and a bit of guidance for the ending (which shouldn't be a shock for Megaman veterans). Ok, here we go:

Boss/Weapon (Character you get the weapon from):

Blanka/Y-Inferno (Dhalsim)
Chun Li/Hadoken (Ryu)
C.Viper/L-Kick (Chun Li)
Dhalsim/Optic Laser (C.Viper)
Rolento/S-Satellite (Rose)
Rose/T-Hazzard (Blanka)
Ryu/Aegis Reflector (Urien)
Urien/M-Sweeper (Rolento)

This is the order that I think is the easiest to complete--some may disagree:

1) Chun Li
2) C.Viper
3) Dhalsim
4) Blanka
5) Rose
6) Rolento
7) Urien
8) Ryu

I can see someone moving Ryu to the top before Chun Li since Hodukens are effective against her, but I find having the Aegis Reflector makes the Ryu battle significantly easier, while the difference between the Megabuster (normal weapon) and Hadokens on Chun Li is minimal.

Once you complete the 8 bosses shown on the select screen, you will be teleported to the final few stages of the game--they are as follows:

1) Balrog Boss Fight
2) Vega Stage and Boss Fight
3) Sin Headquarters
4) Final Boss Fight Against M.Bison

Below are details on these stages:

Balrog Boss Fight:
This is a Boss Fight and Stage combined. Balrog is chasing you through out the stage. The best method to defeat him is to just run to the end of the stage--there once you run across a fall away bridge, he will fall into the pit and be defeated. I found that using S-Satellite (aquired from Rose) makes the run through the stage much easier.

Vega Boss Stage and Fight:
This is similar to the normal stages that you encounter from the select screen. There is a stage, followed by a sealed chamber boss fight with Vega. I need to play this stage a few more times to provide some meaningful guidance. I'll update soon.

Sin Headquarters:
Sin Headquarters is a mini-stage that leads to a room with 8 teleport chambers. Each teleport chamber will take you to the boss fights found on the select screen. Below is a list of the boss found in each chamber

Bottom 4 chambers from left to right:

1) Ryu
2) Dhalsim
3) Blanka
4) Rolento

There are then 3 Chamber on the right wall--these are listed from bottom to top:

5) Rose
6) Urien
7) Chun-Li

The final chamber is to the left of Chun-Li on the top row:

8) C.Viper

Tips for this section:
In the middle of stage with the chambers, you'll see two balls swirling about--if you shoot these, they will give you a large health and large weapon energy. These spawn after each boss battle whether you win or die. These health boosts will make your journey through the final battles much easier.

Before each battle, equip S-Satellite use it, and then switch to the correct weapon for the boss. The S-Satellite will still be active giving you a bit more damage and protection during the battle.

In my opinion, I like to play the stages in order by most difficult to least difficult. Reason being that if I have a rough few bosses and lose a life or two, I can abandon the run, kill my remaining lives and continue with a fresh set of lives. If you play easier ones first, you could have a rough time later therefore making your replays significantly longer. With that being said, below is my preferred order of play listed most difficult to easiest:

1) C.Viper
2) Rolondo
3) Rose
4) Chun Li
5) Urien
6) Ryu
7) Dhalsim
8) Blanka

In case you are wondering why this order differs from the stage order, the reason is that this list is based on battle difficulty with the preferred weapon. In other words, the Blanka fight is harder the Chun Li fight using the Megabuster, but when you have all of the weapons, you can use Y-Inferno to make the Blanka fight very easy, while the Chun Li fight can still be challenging even with Hadokens. Also, the stage order basically plays the next stage based on the weapon that you just received--this means that you will always have the right weapon as you move through the game.

Finally, I would collect as many E-Containers (Health refill) as you can throughout the game and save them for the M.Bison fight. He is pretty tough. I had 4 E-Containers when I fought him, and I used 3, though it was my first time fighting him, so I'm sure I could do better now knowing his techniques. Please note that this game does not have a save feature, so if you use an E-Container, it is gone for good on your current playthrough. For this reason, I would only use them once you get to the final challenge to ensure victory.

There is an E-Container at the start of the Sin Headquarters stage, you get this by first placing a T-Hazzard ball, switching to L-Kick and then bouncing up where the first break in the ceiling is--there are enemies guarding the ledge, so that's where L-Kick comes in handy.

I didn't provide anything for the stages, so if anyone has a part that they are having trouble with, please let me know and I'll post a technique to make it a bit easier!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The actual order is (For speedrunning at least)

Blanka
Rose
Rolento
Urien
Ryu
Chun
Viper
Sim

Save E-tanks for Vega and use Chun's wep.