What's new

Street Fighter V teaser

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I hope everyone who bought an XBone because Killer Instinct REALLY likes that game. PS4 is now the fighting game console(as Sony usually is), and it is pretty much a lock for PS4 to get MKX exclusives also. I see a lot of those who are saying Street Fighter isn't a console seller...lol. Wait and see the Ps4 sales increase closer to release date and long after.

Still, I even have to admit not being a PC gamer myself....but TYM PC gamers are loving life right now. MKX on release day, Street Fighter on release day, kind of makes me want to get into the PC gaming world now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I hope everyone who bought an XBone because Killer Instinct REALLY likes that game. PS4 is now the fighting game console(as Sony usually is), and it is pretty much a lock for PS4 to get MKX exclusives also. I see a lot of those who are saying Street Fighter isn't a console seller...lol. Wait and see the Ps4 sales increase closer to release date and long after.

Still, I even have to admit not being a PC gamer myself....but TYM PC gamers are loving life right now. MKX on release day, Street Fighter on release day, kind of makes me want to get into the PC gaming world now.
Remember when we raged because KI was a console exclusive? This is one of my fav comments that really got stuck on my memory:

" I fucking hate that game, i Fucking hate that console, they both deserve each other"

I bet this TYM member is laughing his ass off right now.

trufenix

bye felicia
Thank fucking christ for this, that other "teaser" was seriously sadface. I'm still not impressed with the level of innovation, but at least now there's stuff to talk about.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hmmm, does that mean Tekken X Street Fighter is dead? I don't think Namco will release a Street Fighter related game the same year as SFV.
Tekken x SF has been dead since SFxT bombed. When Namco has literally nothing else to release, maybe they'll finally get around to it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I guess it's just me. The trailer for MKX looked way better than the gameplay imo.
It's all good man everyone has opinions btw I want to correct myself on one thing, I meant best looking fighting game and one of the best looking games in general. :)

Batman looks sick though, the game looks gorgeous. I like WB games in general, MK, Batman, Shadows of mordor etc all I think have put in fine effort :) Oh yeah the trailer was done by a different company who worked with NRS same with the Batman trailer, but the gameplay itself won't look quite that good but still sweet.

That water stage looks so detailed I love the waves.

trufenix

bye felicia
oh, and for the record "Street Fighter V" being "forever exclusive" has dick all to do with Super Street Fighter V, so don't get your fanboy panties too wadded just yet.

Mst

Noob
Injustice, MKX, SF5, Xrd, Tekken and DoA on PS4? VF or Soul Calibur are the only thing misssing for me there ;)

Well, now that Killer Instinct is exclusive for Xbox and Street Fighter is exclusive for PS4, it won't be long before people now start grading the quality of either game purely based on their dumb console war fanboyism rather than a true assessment of their quality.

*looks up at previous posts*

Well, that didn't take long. Welcome to the console wars, TYM:

PS4 version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 will have cross platform play with PC ? Is that right?
Com
oh, and for the record "Street Fighter V" being "forever exclusive" has dick all to do with Super Street Fighter V, so don't get your fanboy panties too wadded just yet.
If Sony are co-developing like im seeing people say all over the net then it could have something to do with super.

Seeing the gameplay in action is tons better, game looks beautiful and it's only going to improve. Not sure when it comes out, but looking forward to seeing the game when it's fully polished. Still shocked it's a ps4 exclusive though, going to be fanboy wars left and right.

d3v

SRK
i think i saw a stage transition in the gameplay demo……….
About time this made it into a Street Fighter game considering that they had been doing this for the old school Marvel games since the 90s.
But yeah, I thought there was no way it could be exclusive, because it would literally instantly dethrone Street Fighter as the first fighting game you think of when you take the genre as a whole.

Good news for Mortal Kombat I guess. It will outsell SFV by a country mile being multiplatform- it will be the fighting game everyone has that Street Fighter used to be.

Mortal Kombat represents the 2D fighter genre at large now that the former king has gone exclusive.
Lets not delude ourselves into thinking that exclusivity will hurt the game competitively. It's still gonna be the big dawg at EVO and most likely other majors since PS4 is looking more and more like the system of choice for tournaments.

Besides, games have been exclusive before and that hasn't hurt them (e.g. MvC2 being exclusive to DreamCast for years, before the PS2 and XBox versions came... and competitively, those other 2 didn't matter anyway since they were shit ports).

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Small plus, don't most of us use some form of Playstation Controller for fighting games? Won't really need an inverter to deal with the shitty Xbone pad, right?

Who the hell plays Street Fighter competitively with a pad? I dunno, trying to find some good for the people who aren't Sony fans

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

To me KI is more fun than SF, but again that's just me. I still play SF once in a blue moon, but KI and MK are the FGs that are usually on my mind. That being said, there is no doubt that KI will suffer as a whole now that SFV is PS4 exclusive, and so I hope at some point a PC port for KI can be made. Still though, I bought my X1 for KI and I'm content with my decision.

All in all though I agree with @Tony at Home that MKX is the "new" FG king going forward. MKX will undoubtedly out sell SFV by a lot seeing that it'll be on everything, though I'm sure SF will sell some PS4's for Sony. Again though, SF isn't a system seller for me so I more tend to think about how this move more affects the FGC as a whole...well rather how it will affect KI going forward really as all the other mutiplat FGs should be fine.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The new Excel System seems interesting, instead of gaining free cancel and free dial combos, the character temporarily becomes different and gains different proprieties on his attacks, can't wait to find out more.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The new Excel System seems interesting, instead of gaining free cancel and free dial combos, the character temporarily becomes different and gains different proprieties on his attacks, can't wait to find out more.
Did you find this on SRK? Would love to read up on the new mechanics I didn't see in the trailer

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Remember when we raged because KI was a console exclusive? This is one of my fav comments that really got stuck on my memory:
I am not a fan of the console exclusive games, but I just found it strange that so many people got impulsive about buying the One for KI. I really would have liked to play KI on the 360 or PS4, but there was no way that game was good enough at the time to buy a $500 console for it. I mostly just play fighting games, so I learned my lesson to go Sony over Microsoft.

Who was that quote from?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I am not a fan of the console exclusive games, but I just found it strange that so many people got impulsive about buying the One for KI. I really would have liked to play KI on the 360 or PS4, but there was no way that game was good enough at the time to buy a $500 console for it. I mostly just play fighting games, so I learned my lesson to go Sony over Microsoft.

Who was that quote from?
can't remember who, but it was from a thread where TYM asked if us members would buy X1 to play KI, which the majority said no.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I love that game, me and my friend play it all the time. Good fun!
It was fun when I got it with 4v4s but when you went online which at the time was before they did any patch and had to deal with Rufus, Rolento and shotos. Street Fighter x Tekken was the end of me playing capcom games, umvc3 didn't get boring for 2 years unlike the one month x Tekken lasted