What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You guys b1tching about Karin are doing it wrong...
She has the fastest overhead with a mixup behind it, combo potential if you EX it, the best anti-air normal in the game, a move that gets you in for free, and the 2nd best footsies in the game.

13 game win streak with her with very limited knowledge and practice.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
V-trigger Critical art also guard breaks There are videos of SRK V cancelled into CA.
V triggered Ex haduken fully charged guard breaks, and it charges up much faster than the regular haduken.

Her oki is probably her best asset, but a lot of people don't really know the MU and get hit by 500 command grabs, once you start challenging her command grab it becomes fair. Her neutral is very bad, once she gets knocked down she is a dead fish since she doesn't have any invincible moves, her backdash is eh and her armor gets stuffed easily since it doesn't have armor until the third frame. Her corner game is pretty much the same as her midscreen game, it's not like she has Chun Li's normals to completely lock some characters in the corner. FTR I feel like she does well against Rashid, I know it's very early to talk about MU numbers but you can tell when a MU is hard or not.
Why does she have to spend meter to go through fireballs when so many other characters can do it free? Anyway, she has a nice low profile move with cr. MK. It can anti-air almost every attack in the game, or they whiff and get trip guarded. I always cancel into light elbow just in case it hits.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've played very little so far but want to continue playing. Enjoying it for the most part. Just have to get use to how SF works.

HMU on psn. My CFN is the same as my tag: Yoakizeme

And I only play Birdie as of now. Might learn Nash or Necalli down the road.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
V triggered Ex haduken fully charged guard breaks, and it charges up much faster than the regular haduken.

Why does she have to spend meter to go through fireballs when so many other characters can do it free? Anyway, she has a nice low profile move with cr. MK. It can anti-air almost every attack in the game, or they whiff and get trip guarded. I always cancel into light elbow just in case it hits.
Yeah, I use cr. MK xx light bolt charge a looot. <3

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
bison, birdie, dhalsim, nash, rashid, vega, zangief all don't have 3f normals
But at what cost? F.A.N.G is getting the Quan Chi treatment on knockdown in this game for no reason.. the best thing he can possibly do is escape midscreen and play footsies with you again

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
But at what cost? F.A.N.G is getting the Quan Chi treatment on knockdown in this game for no reason.. the best thing he can possibly do is escape midscreen and play footsies with you again
FANG has long ass normals (that aren't as slow as Dhalsim) in a game of footsies, and a poison mechanic. And pressure is NOWHERE near as crazy as MKX.

There is a perfectly good reason lol. Git guuuuuuuuuuud.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
FANG has long ass normals (that aren't as slow as Dhalsim) in a game of footsies, and a poison mechanic. And pressure is NOWHERE near as crazy as MKX.

There is a perfectly good reason lol. Git guuuuuuuuuuud.
You are theory fighting. F.A.N.G sounds good on paper but in reality slowly chipping at people with pokes and poison is not feasible when he gets touched once and vortexed to death. He doesn't control the game enough to deserve such freeness on wake-up, outplaying people isn't enough to win with this character

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Have do it all Anti-Airs with Specials...
Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy
Lauren
Nash

Can Anti-Air with Normals...
Nash
Ryu
Ken
Bison
Dhalsim
Karyn
Birdie
Chun Li
Mika

Have great Air-to-Airs...
Chun Li
Bison
Dhalsim
FANG
Ryu
Nash
Mika
Vega
Cammy's HK would like to have a word with you. It is an amazing anti-air.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You are theory fighting. F.A.N.G sounds good on paper but in reality slowly chipping at people with pokes and poison is not feasible when he gets touched once and vortexed to death. He doesn't control the game enough to deserve such freeness on wake-up, outplaying people isn't enough to win with this character
Fang has a lot of plus on block normals and his EX command dash thing is strike and projectile invincible on frame 1 so he has a very good escape pressure tool