What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I'm really loving Ken, he rewards good reads and patient play. The run shenanigans are one of the most fun ways to test match-up knowledge and reactions of new opponents. I've been having tons of fun learning his spacing and where to be against each other character. I just wish there was somewhere to read about the V gauge, I'm having trouble building it effectively. Gonna learn a secondary after this weekend (winter brawl). Going with Mika or Laura for command grab fun.

This is one of the best things I've ever read on this site!
He builds v meter with running step kick

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I thought we were going to be Cammy brethren :(

Dude you need Gootecks in your life. Here, he uploaded these recently .

I know, the stuff in then thumbnail will make you think you're new to fighting games but just watch them for christ sake. It'll help you. Also, you just need to practice the CA motion you'll get it :)
Gootecks is probably the best mainstream SF teacher. Followed by Floe and Juicebox. Those 3 I know are constantly being helpful during streams or making videos.
Every charater will cost 150,000 and costumes 40,000
150k hmm a bits more expensive than i thought but, im only really after 2 characters there so i guess its not so bad...TY
Correction: 100k FM for characters. I'm at 25k after leveling Mika to 8 and Ken to 12, 1 story mode and 2 easy survivals and some ranked matches. I'm hoping we get FM from trials, cause that plus challenges, leveling and survival with every character could be a decent stream of FM.

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Currently playing Ken and FANG, if anyone fancies doing longer sets hit me up I need to learn matchups and be less free at this game. PSN: SoulFiend1 CFN: EmpiresErased. Add me on PSN or shoot me a message here I'll happily play anyone that isnt lagging tons!

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
That's great! Is that his only way of building it besides taking damage?
As far as I know. It builds like half a bar lol. But it's unsafe I believe. I'm pretty new to street fighter, so that's all I've discovered so far.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Anybody know how Dhalsim is supposed to punish command grabs? He can't do the typical neutral jump kick/punch into full combo because his jump is so slow/floaty that they recover before he lands. I've been doing instant air jump back hp (not that much damage, probably unsafe in certain matchups) or instant air drill into a jab combo (not that much damage and kind of hard)... Wondering if there's a better answer
Instant air teleport I guess?

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Im thinking about trying him out. I still haven't found a character I click with.
He's a beast, but he has no effective anti-air.

Cammy and Necalli are my current favorites. Being able to gain tactical advantage from their V-Skill and scaring the shit out of everyone are why.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So that maintenance did WONDERS to the netcode for me. I was actually able to play matches without lag!

So far, everyone seems to be pressing buttons at this point, so many Ryu and Ken players with wake-up Shoryukens. And while Claw's range isn't as great as it was in SFIV, it still has better range than other characters thankfully. I'm doing fairly well with him, just playing footsies and punishing unsafe pokes and attacks. I've only lost to the most patient of players, who happened to use Nash, Necalli, and Ryu.

Karin is so the worst in the game. #PrayForKarin #HelplessBitch #NoAA
Claw needs more help than anyone else.

#PrayForClaw #HelplessMatador #NoInvincibility #BuffClawRange

:joker:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He's a beast, but he has no effective anti-air.

Cammy and Necalli are my current favorites. Being able to gain tactical advantage from their V-Skill and scaring the shit out of everyone are why.
lol birdie doesn't have an anti air?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I have never been grabbed so many times in a fighting game in my life. F.A.N.G has two reversals, V-reversal and ex command dash and they both lose to throw and guarantee the second you try and actually tech one of them you eat a combo
Git guud

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Not an effective one.

His chain is too slow.
His MP has a wonky hitbox.
His standing MK and HK is too far in front.
His mp is designed for little closer than jump distance jump-ins and crossups, it works just fine for its purpose.

MK and HK I assume are for farther jumps.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
About Birdie's jump in D...

IN MKX, it would be fine - but this is SFV, where jump ins aren't free.