What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
SFV has broken the record for the most entrants in a single game at EVO. USFIV last held the record with 2227 entrants. This years EVO is going to be a spectacle.

EDIT: BTW, it did so in 4 days.
Hype. Here's hoping more than 3 US players in top 8.

here is a vid from yogaflame24. I go to him and blackvegeta for up and coming players and high level matches.
he's alright. Hope Dieminion picks him up too.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Cammy is the most under rated character in the game. Karin is over rated. Her reversals and anti airs are terrible. She sucks against pressure. Standing HK is her only good normal in neutral. Sure she has mixups, but everything is extremely punishable.
What? Her MKs are great normals. One is 7 frames and completely safe. I didn't know about her reversal game though. I tried her out yesterday and her "DP" kept getting stuffed out. Frustrating.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Couldn't say. He mentioned on Twitter, but did not reveal specifics. Probably keeping stuff a secret.
F.A.N.G having somekind of setplay to balance out everything wrong with him does make sense but even then he'd guess have to guess correctly 2-3 times for the stun and then after the stun they'll still be at 50% hp...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Bison's v-skill absorbs projectiles. Everyone plays Bison in top 20 on ranked you could always watch their replays or Tampa Bison streams
Oh, I was watching a tutorial video on him and they said it could absorb any standard attack, not just projectiles.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The shoulder is safe. it's -2. The launcher is not. Her overhead can be hit out before she can do any follow up. all versions of QCB + kick are punishable. You're hearing that she's unsafe because she is. She doesn't have a decent anti air. her most reliable one is c.HP, which moves her WAY forward so it's reliant on perfect spacing. It's not as good as it looks. It's not like Ryu's. Standing HP CAN anti air, but again, needs to be pretty dang precise. Other than that, her AA is standing LP. seriously. You can jump back and MP if you read a jump, hits pretty fast, but when you land you just gave up space and now you're in a position where none of your normals can hit but your opponents likely can.

Reversal... Yeah, she has one... Her "DP" takes meter, starts up in 5 frames. Slower than meterless versions of other characters. -41. 5 frame start up means you can't even use it against any normals that are plus at all. you'll get hit.

Translation to my last two posts, "I got blow up by Cammy and now I'm mad."
Not every move is going to be safe. She has a safe ender for her strings. That's all you really need. Her overhead and her launcher are unsafe because they have more utility. Her DP isn't great but it's like completely invincible on her upper body, so it can be your emergency anti-air.

F.A.N.G having somekind of setplay to balance out everything wrong with him does make sense but even then he'd guess have to guess correctly 2-3 times for the stun and then after the stun they'll still be at 50% hp...
Just watch sonicfox's twitch channel for his matches against Rico and that should change your mind.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah but its not like its that difficult to set up, it can be done on a knockdown or if they block a fireball. I just think that the reason so many people think Sim is really good now is because of the mix up and how much damage it nets him. Maybe Im just exaggerating how effective it is because Im playing Birdie though
Birdie's anti-air kinda sucks. Sim's floaty jump and long pokes make it Birdie's worst matchup, IMO.

Everybody has bad matchups though. Everybody.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
To be fair to Rico he was half-asleep and didn't know much about the MU.
Hickory Dickory Dock...
You say Rico was half cocked.
I say it don't matter. Sonic Fox served the platter...
...and beat Rico like Shady does off-duty cops.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Birdie's anti-air kinda sucks. Sim's floaty jump and long pokes make it Birdie's worst matchup, IMO.

Everybody has bad matchups though. Everybody.
Yeah Ive found his anti air to not be as good as it looks so far. Was really hoping that at least the light charged DP headbutt would have invincibility but it unfortuneately does not. The EX gas armor but it advances forward first so its not really even an anti air

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I guess, but a lot of players were agreeing with him on Twitter that he is good. Cdjr, floe, etc.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Who're you feeling most in the current cast?

Chun Li is the only character I've been playing and I love her. She's so awesome, couldn't be happier with my character choice...except her execution requirements. I'm practicing but it's rough. Makes me emo. Trying to resist any temptation to give up or play someone else.

SamZ

Noob
Yeah Ive found his anti air to not be as good as it looks so far. Was really hoping that at least the light charged DP headbutt would have invincibility but it unfortuneately does not. The EX gas armor but it advances forward first so its not really even an anti air
Is cr.mp not working as an AA for you? ?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Chun Li is the only character I've been playing and I love her. She's so awesome, couldn't be happier with my character choice...except her execution requirements. I'm practicing but it's rough. Makes me emo. Trying to resist any temptation to give up or play someone else.
Honestly, sticking with her would be rewarding. She's super good, and has excellent footsie tools. Hell, watching footage of high level Chun Li play can sometimes show players winning using just a couple of normals and basic combos. Plus that police woman outfit is awesome.