What's new

STREAM CONCLUDED: KombatKast Featuring Kitana vs Reptile

Slymind

Noob
Damn....I have Kombos in practice. Streams make me nervous. Sorry Edenians! I'll make it up to you.
Quick question.

In the Mournful Variation, does Kitana loses the ability to throw fans?

On a side note, shame she didn't get the anti-projectile glow from Jade.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
is anyone else reallllllllllly pissed about the ex throws.. its soooo stupid its igau 50/50 all over again. i had hoped that they would leave you neutral but noooooope it is significantly plus on hit which leads to.. yup you guessed it: brain dead no skill 50/50s... soo stupid.. and then they justify it by saying "welll they could guess right and block which means you just wasted a bar HA" are they serious?...

Killusion

Stream addict
I theory, how crazy would Reptile's deceptive variation be if the invisibility was completely timer based? If he would stay invisible even when he gets hit for a set time the variation could have some crazy shenanigans, or at least be more interesting.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Reptile's variations:

1. Rotting: I can imagine somehow playing frogger with kitana's fans, and kung lao's hats and teleports,and raiden's insta displacer whatevers, and get in with 5% hp in order to not lose flawless victory by gas chipping them. Seems useless to me.

2. Invisibility. Same as mk9, why would I ever use it to lose it to the next safe normal/projectile or teleport full combo or raiden superman that comes my way. Useless.

3. Finally something that might help against the broken overpoweredness of raiden kung lao and kitana combined. As long as you get to cast it without getting hit by the huge hitbox fans, instant dash grab, superman, divekick, hats, teleport kicks, full screen fan lift, air projectiles, etc.

And here I was hoping for something at least as broken as Displacer or HatTrick or Storm Whatever, so it can help Reptile in those matchups. But noooooooooo.

Then again, the game isn't out yet and what we saw in the stream can change (NOT, obviously it will be identical in the release, D()H ).

Then again mark 2, I suck at this game so yes.
Rot is not useless. if this plays more like mk9 and there are not as many dumb over head low mixups and the game relies more on stagger pressure, this variation could be extremely useful since they will not be able continually stagger strings unless they want to keep on taking damage

chores

bad at things
is anyone else reallllllllllly pissed about the ex throws.. its soooo stupid its igau 50/50 all over again. i had hoped that they would leave you neutral but noooooope it is significantly plus on hit which leads to.. yup you guessed it: brain dead no skill 50/50s... soo stupid.. and then they justify it by saying "welll they could guess right and block which means you just wasted a bar HA" are they serious?...
i really cant think of a potential better use for 1 bar of meter than a 50/50 reset. it would be like batman choosing not to use mb grapple to end a combo. maybe if like the average meterless combo damage is like 25% and you can get it to 40% with 1 bar or something

The Highlander

There can be only one
Rot is not useless. if this plays more like mk9 and there are not as many dumb over head low mixups and the game relies more on stagger pressure, this variation could be extremely useful since they will not be able continually stagger strings unless they want to keep on taking damage
Would you shut up about how dumb 50/50's are? Most fighters have them. Get over it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i really cant think of a potential better use for 1 bar of meter than a 50/50 reset. it would be like batman choosing not to use mb grapple to end a combo. maybe if like the average meterless combo damage is like 25% and you can get it to 40% with 1 bar or something
yea hopefully it works how you just said or else it would be dumb as fuck.. (40% damage into reset, one guess then lose another 40%.. )

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Reptile's variations:

1. Rotting: I can imagine somehow playing frogger with kitana's fans, and kung lao's hats and teleports,and raiden's insta displacer whatevers, and get in with 5% hp in order to not lose flawless victory by gas chipping them. Seems useless to me.

2. Invisibility. Same as mk9, why would I ever use it to lose it to the next safe normal/projectile or teleport full combo or raiden superman that comes my way. Useless.

3. Finally something that might help against the broken overpoweredness of raiden kung lao and kitana combined. As long as you get to cast it without getting hit by the huge hitbox fans, instant dash grab, superman, divekick, hats, teleport kicks, full screen fan lift, air projectiles, etc.

And here I was hoping for something at least as broken as Displacer or HatTrick or Storm Whatever, so it can help Reptile in those matchups. But noooooooooo.

Then again, the game isn't out yet and what we saw in the stream can change (NOT, obviously it will be identical in the release, D()H ).

Then again mark 2, I suck at this game so yes.
Overextended speculations like yours are the problem with this site before a NRS game releases.