What's new

Stopping crossover with Quan!?

KingRey

Noob
What is the best way to stop a crossover with Quan Chi? I have sometimes knocked someone out of it with a ducking 1. Is there anything else?

I$AAC

Noob
Normally whenever I do stop crossover I just use his uppercut. It's one of the best in the game next to Cage's.

sky drop, wiff it if you think it won't connect. Make sure its a smooth input tho, if you accidentally get a standing 3 you will eat a full combo.

KingRey: A carefully timed uppercut. That said, because of the fact that the only crossovers I face are people who do the spammy constant crossover punch, I find it difficult to time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Quan Chi's uppercut is like, HYPER-FAST. He, Nightwolf, Sonya, Liu Kang, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Jax, Sektor, and Kung Lao are difficult to cross up because of those uppercuts. Definitely your best resort against cross-ups.

I wouldn't risk d1 all that much. Whiff it and you're bound to get ensnared in a combo. You could also try jump-kicking and even if that fails, you'll just be knocked out of the air and take only a small amount of damage...in most cases. If you're facing characters like Kitana or Mileena, they can combo off of an air punch, but at least it won't be as damaging.

And as already explained, the armored Sky Drop makes for an escape route if you just have to get the Hell away from there. It's advised you whiff it so that you land to the side and can get some space. Quan Chi is more of a threat if he has meter.

I have the very best answer to this question, all you have to do is d1 trance. Attempt this just about everytime your opponent jumps in a punch or crosses over, its not very easy at first but it works, and it'll take some time to master.

What is the best way to stop a crossover with Quan Chi? I have sometimes knocked someone out of it with a ducking 1. Is there anything else?
Yes, keep using the ducking 1, just input trance afterwards, problem solved. The very worst thing to do is skydrop because you still get punished for landing in front or behind the opponent as he recovers from the air.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
A well-timed people's uppercut will do the trick. I don't really like doing a d1, trance, just because d1 is roughly a 11 frame attack and uppercut is a 7 frame attack. Man.... that uppercut....mmmm.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
QC has one of the worst d1 in the game. Only good anti-cross up is a good timed uppercut. Or you can always backdash and get an (almost) guaranteed uppercut. Thats why his uppercut is so good. Cause he doesnt have any other good AA and anti-cross up moves.

QC has one of the worst d1 in the game. Only good anti-cross up is a good timed uppercut. Or you can always backdash and get an (almost) guaranteed uppercut. Thats why his uppercut is so good. Cause he doesnt have any other good AA and anti-cross up moves.
Yes the uppercut is more practical, but d1+trance is my way to go, because with Quan, I never let go of my opponent once I catch them, there is so many resets and trap strings to follow up with, regardless of how well the uppercutt works, it sets you at a distance from your opponent, and I hate that because I have to expect a possible wake up attack afterwards. Don't just use uppercut because its easier to execute, practice all your options.

also, ducking 3 is a fast weak poke and its helpful in many situations as well. Recently, whenever I get a barrage of block strings or jump ins, I'd d+3+enhanced rune, and follow up with a throw.