What's new

Tech Still wanna be a hero? The Deathstroke strategy/matchups/combo thread

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Considering Deathstroke is my planned main, it's good to finally know what his trait is! The perfect aim seems awesome, but I'm not sure what he means by ''bad aim''. Does this mean you pretty much can't use ''gun moves'' for a short time after using his trait? It wouldn't matter that much, seeing as how there are probably gonna be TONS of possibilities for combos and AAs with the perfect aim.

I$AAC

Noob
I think he means that "bad aim" is gun specials can miss where as "perfect aim" gun specials home in

I$AAC

Noob
perfect aim = gun shots unblockable, bad aim = gunshots miss.

kinda like snipers taking diazepam for limited benefits with lingering sideeffects but not really
I see, so the bad aim takes place during his "recovery" of his character trait?

It seems as if he's going to be the Saibot of Injustice.. I like how he looks like Sektor and they got the homing shots idea from him too, but I still wish he wasn't a zoner and more like Sektor.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
He seems like a good stryker.

Focused on zoning with guns, low shots, anti airs, mid air shots. All things stryker lacked with his guns.
Better melee. He seems to be pretty fast with his sword, though its hard to judge how safe it really is.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
perfect aim = gun shots unblockable, bad aim = gunshots miss.

kinda like snipers taking diazepam for limited benefits with lingering sideeffects but not really

Hmmm...unblockable gun shots.

First thing I'm going to try is have his trait activated, then put gun shots into block strings.

Lets just hope some of his gun shots have hit advantage, and let the dirt commence.

I$AAC

Noob
Hmmm...unblockable gun shots.

First thing I'm going to try is have his trait activated, then put gun shots into block strings.

Lets just hope some of his gun shots have hit advantage, and let the dirt commence.
Another thing is his high gunshot staggers. I wonder if you can dash in during the stagger like Quan's tune trap

Another thing is his high gunshot staggers. I wonder if you can dash in during the stagger like Quan's tune trap
I would hope so too. But based on how fast paced and jumpy this game is, I have a really bad feeling that they can just hop right out of any pressure without getting hit mid-air.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
His gunshots also look incredibly punishable on whiff, leading me to think he's going to have a rough time against divekicks.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
His gunshots also look incredibly punishable on whiff, leading me to think he's going to have a rough time against divekicks.
They really don't look so bad. Most linear zoning < dive kicks but at least you have air guns.

In theory Black Adam could definitely be a threat to Mr. Wilson.

I$AAC

Noob
theory fighter alert:

so far IMO his potential Bad matchups is Black Adam, Aquaman, and Sinestro. Everybody else he should even with or have an advantage against.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
They really don't look so bad. Most linear zoning < dive kicks but at least you have air guns.

In theory Black Adam could definitely be a threat to Mr. Wilson.
The reason I think his guns are so punishable on whiff is because, unlike standard projectiles which just shoot out and are done, he continues to fire for quite a while. I'm sure it's not too bad on block, but on whiff I doubt there's a character who can't full-combo punish him, assuming they can approach by air.

I$AAC

Noob
Why Sinestro?
IIRC Sinestro can attack from fullscreen with some rock dropping move that homes in. Again this is what I heard. But if it's true (and depending on the speed of the move) thats going to be a pain.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
remember guys, he also has instant air guns
I thought of that, but I'm not sure how it will work, considering the reason his gunshots last so long is because it's multiple shots. IA works because it prematurely ends the recovery of the move, so with Deathstroke, it would either have to cut off his attack, resulting in less bullets being fired and less damage being dealt, or he will continue to fire on the ground.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The reason I think his guns are so punishable on whiff is because, unlike standard projectiles which just shoot out and are done, he continues to fire for quite a while. I'm sure it's not too bad on block, but on whiff I doubt there's a character who can't full-combo punish him, assuming they can approach by air.
Good point. But there's also that you're not going to be using those moves that close, and honestly his machine gun looks difficult to avoid from that same distance. Not to mention AA MG and the likes.

His zoning is reminiscent of Sektor or Noob in that they're really good 3/4 screen and beyond but 1/2 and in it could be risky to throw out certain things. His combos ending in a full screen knockdown definitely helps though. What we need to see now are his pokes in my opinion.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
What we need to see now are his pokes in my opinion.
I'm actually going through what little actual gameplay footage we have of him and taking screenshots of each of his pokes. I'll try to have something useful posted in the next couple of hours.

Reactions: RYX

I$AAC

Noob
just thought of something dirty. Now mind you, this may not be possible/or change at release.

His ex Pistols and ex Machine gun do about 15-16% damage on hit. His trait makes his guns unblockable. Wouldn't it be dirty if you can activate his trait, finish the round with with a few staggering ex pistols or ex machine guns, round ends and everything starts neutral therefore no trait cooldown? I doubt this could be possible but it would be dirty lol.