What's new

Start of The Game Tier List

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
How is B2 as a game starter? I know you can literally walk away from it, but I see @Jim hit people with it into the 52% trait combo quite often.
I find that it's kind of slow being a 15f move. Although if your opponent respects the flying uppercut option they may sit there and block in which case you can use B22 to start some pressure. If you get a hit with B2 it should always lead to 61% though. B22 MBSP trait etc. ends up being 61% and it's easy to hit confirm as opposed to using B22 into MBLK.

@deg222 @Mr. Mileena Zatanna's 52 pickup for A tier?
It's okay. If they jump, teleport, etc, it's heavily punishable. It's a good spacing tool when done right, but at the start of the match, everyone's move is unpredictable. I'd put it like C or B (for starting)

Her standing 3 is better. I think it's faster and it's safer. She can combo off of it too. It's also punishable by a jump in, etc, but not as much on whiff and it's safe on block.
Her instant dive kick is also pretty cool.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I don't have the direct knowledge to speak towards it, but doesn't lobo have a standing 3 or something that's really good as an opener?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
It's okay. If they jump, teleport, etc, it's heavily punishable. It's a good spacing tool when done right, but at the start of the match, everyone's move is unpredictable. I'd put it like C or B (for starting)

Her standing 3 is better. I think it's faster and it's safer. She can combo off of it too. It's also punishable by a jump in, etc, but not as much on whiff and it's safe on block.
Her instant dive kick is also pretty cool.
Thanks! Is teleporting away also a good option to start her shenanigans?

I don't have the direct knowledge to speak towards it, but doesn't lobo have a standing 3 or something that's really good as an opener?
For anti airing jump ins, yes.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo's standing 3. Hits all jumping opponents even beats out MMH traited 3 or 2. Lobo does have to respect WWs b2 (I think that's the Overhead lasso whip) and it will whiff on GL if he does b13.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
WTF,,,

Lobo's standing 3 is S Tier or at A at least

it beats out if time right just about all starters

-cant jump with it
-hit you in the air gets a free Trait load
-interupts your first attack gets the hook charge or low chain
-if they block same thing
-if they dont want to guess they might walk back where you can take a read of a low chain

Yoaks

A spaceman
WTF,,,

Lobo's standing 3 is S Tier or at A at least

it beats out if time right just about all starters

-cant jump with it
-hit you in the air gets a free Trait load
-interupts your first attack gets the hook charge or low chain
-if they block same thing
-if they dont want to guess they might walk back where you can take a read of a low chain
I wouldn't say S tier. It's definitely a good starter but you have to respect WW and GL's b1 and Bane and Grundy say "Screw your standing 3 say hello to ARMOR!!!

Green Lantern is in SSSSSSS+++++++ tier at the start of the game. I feel completely locked down against him at the start of any match. You can't freaking move until he does something.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Not sure If I think Banes bf2 + trait is a great opener. I guess if you see the jump right away it's good. Otherwise if you whif you have no meter to make it semi safe and are eating 30-40% easy. A lot of the top options you listed are pretty safe for the most part. Miss this one and you're getting taken for a ride.

Dunno of jump ins count but Harleys j1 Beats allot of jump ins and u get allot of options from it, is really good on game start but if not, I usually silly slide~crossup tantrum stance because everyone jumps

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Phantom Strike is a better option for Zod to start out with IMO. 2 frames faster, bigger hitbox, and f213 is too easy to back out of and whiff punish.

KRYS9984

Noob
I agree with @The Krish360 on Batmans instant air scatter bombs.

It works very well to catch opponents moving forward / jumping (from neutral) and gives him access to interactibles positioned in the centre of the stage.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Raven can soul crush if you do anything. Gets punished hard though.

Most of the time I just start walking back.