What's new

Starcraft 2 Thread

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Its out tomorrow! Hellbats! Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!! I fear terran is gonna get nerfed AGAIN really soon here though.

Killphil

Ok guys I just purchased the game last night. I haven't had time to play it but I will be back to report on how much better/worse certain things may be. I'm terribad with terran mech so the breaking in process might be a little harder than I think. By the way, what are all your main races? It'd be nice to get a zerg/protoss perspective on things too.

Killphil

Ok...so these are my thoughts so far concerning the game:

Campaign - More or less the WoL campaign so far(I'm about 10 missions in). As far as story goes....idk...I don't want to ruin anything but there's just something about it that seems strange(dumb). Anyway, the upgrades make zerg more OP than they were in WoL(a hard feat to accomplish :p ). Kerrigan herself plays a major role in every mission and is so far present in all of them. She has her own upgrade tree but unlike Wings, you can switch between the choices given between missions rather than pick one and be stuck with it. Example: You can go with +200 life/100% increase to healing rate OR deal 300 damage from long range to a single unit. There are variable upgrades with each zerg unit which you can switch between missions as well(burrow speed/healing for roach...or armor..etc.) As the story goes on you unlock evolution missions. Basically they are very short missions that test out two different ways a particular unit could evolve. These changes are permanent and will stay with that unit for the rest of the game. I'll give the zergling one:
You can evolve into the raptor, which is a zergling with wings. It can hop up and down cliffs just like a reaper and also leaps at enemies from afar. They do a little extra damage as well. Otherwise you can get the swarmling. For the supply of 2, you get hatch 3 zerglings every time you make them, but they retain standard damage and no leaping ability. These changes stay with from the moment you choose them.
So these variables give you different ways to play and give you some replayability from the outset.

Multiplayer - My experience is very limited. I've only played a few games, and I'm a pretty terrible terran player. I probably won't be getting better anytime soon either. The new units on the terran end are fun to use if you can build them before people kill you. I just got out of a ffa with my friends because my masters level friend decided to attack me first with 3 reapers and he killed me. I raged out because I was probably the worst player in that game so I don't think he should of done that shit. (I'm there to have fun, and dying in less than 5 minutes in a ffa is not fun). Can you see why I won't be getting better anytime soon? :/

Anyway, maybe if I can learn some build orders that incorporate something that isn't terran bio I'd enjoy this game more, but when people kill you with 3 reapers, it leaves little room for that. I'm not inhuman. Watching a korean play is going to do fuck all for me. I'm not fast, and they don't go over every aspect of a player's build when they are in GSL or MLG or w/e the hell they're in. It just doesn't work for me. I like the campaign at least, so I guess there's that. I was almost going to switch to zerg, then I remembered they aren't OP like they are in the campaign, plus their units are more squishy than terran bio, so I'll pass.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Are there any Starcraft 2 players on this site, if so could you please add your name below. I'm really trying to improve and hopefully reach Masters level eventually. This could be a great oppurtunity for SC2 players to get together and train. Thanks everyone!!

This is my information if you want to add me, I play Zerg:

Name: Abraham N.
Battletag: Seven#1827

Mod Edit: Seven your thread has been merged here, into this pre-existing SC2 thread. So, it's not deleted or gone, they're just merged now. <3 FrothyOmen

I used to play, but that game is waaaaay too stressful for me to play competitively lmao. Also I think there's a starcraft 2 thread floating around somewhere... if you happen to find that I'd like to merge this with that to keep the discussion centralized. But maybe I'm imagining things :)

Seven

|| Seven ||
I used to play, but that game is waaaaay too stressful for me to play competitively lmao. Also I think there's a starcraft 2 thread floating around somewhere... if you happen to find that I'd like to merge this with that to keep the discussion centralized. But maybe I'm imagining things :)
haha dude I know what you mean, after I play SC2 for a couple days and I go back to MK9, it seems like the easiest game in the world. MK9 is my relaxation from SC2.

I only ever got up to gold league by doing nothing but cloak banshee rushing and floating factories into my opponents base to mass produce hellions LOL

Seven

|| Seven ||
I only ever got up to gold league by doing nothing but cloak banshee rushing and floating factories into my opponents base to mass produce hellions LOL
hahaha that's a great idea, my brother plays Terran and it would be HILARIOUS if he floated his factory into the opponent's base.

hahaha that's a great idea, my brother plays Terran and it would be HILARIOUS if he floated his factory into the opponent's base.
seriously lol. i think it was 1 rax into tech lab, expand, 1 factory in base + bunker up, 2nd factory on low ground outside their base, float up and produce 3 hellions while swapping rax and factory, research blue flame, and it'd finish right around when that 3rd hellion came out. If the push is successful, grats you win, just power economy and go fuckin' kill him. if it loses, just stay in those bunkers and pray to god you can harrass with banshees and survive his counterpush

i usually just lost lmao

Seven

|| Seven ||
seriously lol. i think it was 1 rax into tech lab, expand, 1 factory in base + bunker up, 2nd factory on low ground outside their base, float up and produce 3 hellions while swapping rax and factory, research blue flame, and it'd finish right around when that 3rd hellion came out. If the push is successful, grats you win, just power economy and go fuckin' kill him. if it loses, just stay in those bunkers and pray to god you can harrass with banshees and survive his counterpush

i usually just lost lmao
haha I used to just baneling bust each game, it doesn't matter what race they were, it got me up to Platnium LOL. But now I play more serious, and I'm Diamond, my brother is almost Master. The Heart of the Swarm expantion really screwed Zerg over, so it's been hard to win lately. Anyway I'll tell my brother to try your idea, it's high risk, high reward.

haha keep in mind I did this in the first 3 months of the game's release. Balance has changed hella since then, so who knows if it would still work? And a zerg player just won MLG yesterday, so Zerg doesn't have it all that bad ;)

Seven

|| Seven ||
haha keep in mind I did this in the first 3 months of the game's release. Balance has changed hella since then, so who knows if it would still work? And a zerg player just won MLG yesterday, so Zerg doesn't have it all that bad ;)
Yeah you're right, it's balanced. And that is one thing that is so nice to have in a game, BALANCE!!! Every time I lose to Kabal after he armors through everything I do, I want to stop playing MK. Maybe a good idea would be to have a fighting game with only 5 fighters, but make them all completely 100% balanced. Also you'd give those 5 fighters A LOT of different attacks, specials and combos.

Lawls

Noob
Played SC2 since beta, was Masters in WoL. Diamond currently in HotS, but haven't played much. If anyone is up for some games on EU just give me a shout. :D

Lawls.352

Killphil

How about we all go over our races? I'm gonna need some input from you higher up players to get me out of silver. I play terran, and let me say that tanks are quickly becoming one of my favorite units again. No waiting for seige is a godsend. I'm still tinkering with the other new stuff(no lab for reapers/hellbats/widow mines) but I'm sure I can work out a decent build. So far I just do mainly hellion/shee into rine/tank/medis/mine. I need to work some more at it, but at the same time I'm racing my friend through the campaign on brutal, and he seems to have an edge on me regarding the difficulty. (well...he thought one level was tough that I didn't and vice versa). Guess it depends on our evolutions. :D

Lawls

Noob
I play Zerg, and haven't played enough HotS to have an opinion on the new units I believe. But they all seem to add more fun to the game so they are looking good. Just need to wait for GSL or Proleague to start up again so I can see what the pros are doing.

Killphil

I have completed the campaign on brutal. For difficulty I'd say its easier than wings. My friend and I found some way pre-pre-pre alpha footage that was supposedly the ending of heart of the swarm like a year and half ago. While it doesn't follow that one to a T, it is VERY similar. I'll stop talking about that to avoid spoilers.

Seven FrothyOmen Critical-Limit I found these awhile back and forgot to share. I figure anyone who is familiar with Starcraft should get a kick out of these.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Bump.

Since I don't really care for Injustice, I've been playing Startcraft! I've played SC2 Since Wol was released but mostly trolled and got pissed of. Since I don't play Mk9 as much, I've finally put my salt aside and learned how to play the game. god damn it's fun lol.

anyway, who all plays? you should add me :D. I'm not that good ( higher Sliver ) but I'm always down to play or just have fun.
add me! my tag is Raiden ( I made it when all I did was troll SC2 lol )

P.S I'm super broke and I'm still playing Wol......