What's new

Stance and crossup dash

Tried to discover some new things with Noob and have found a couple, they aren't groundbreaking though :7up:

First off, when it comes to Shadow Slide, Noob's stance is pretty important. When you're to the left of your opponent, if you're facing toward the screen, the Slide will hit your opponent's front leg. If you're facing away, it will hit their back leg. This is vice versa when you're to the right of your opponent. And the Slide will do this whether they're standing, crouching, blocking, whatever. So really, it's a bit safer on block when it hits your opponent's back leg since it takes a little while longer to land (around 6 frames).

And then there's this crossup dash with EX Slide. When you're up close and you land one (almost guaranteed with a :l:fp,:bp,EX Slide mixup no one will see coming) the opponent flips toward you. If you dash forward ASAP, you will dash straight past them and end up on the other side! A recovery roll prevents this, but it does happen before your opponent can do a wake-up attack in the original direction. This can catch people by surprise to mess up their wake-up or to change who is in the corner, but probably because they don't know about it.

Anyhow that's it, they're not big deals and sorry if these were already known :grave:

kandehbar

The Gryphon
People like you are the reason why the mk9 community is on the rise. This information if use correctly can be very game changing

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Will be keeping that in mind. Getting into the habit of ending the B1214 with the Slide/EX Slide instead of the Tackle or Teleport, that way even if the string gets blocked, I'm still getting in a hit.

Any Noob news is good news. All about making him my 2'nd main, so I'm in favor of knowledge.

D. R.

Noob
I've been using this for awhile now but it never gained recognition since scrubs on these forums say slide is garbage. I was gonna include it in my Complete Noob guide I'm going to make after the next patch. Good shit bringing it to light for everyone.

It is also really good to use EN slide after b+2 since the second hit of the canned string is overhead, so people won't expect it. B+2 is also Godlike because it has 0 frames of recovery, meaning you can do b+21 for the overhead option, b+2 xx EN slide for the low option/ dash throw set up, b+2 tick throw, b+2 into more pokes, etc, etc.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Tried to discover some new things with Noob and have found a couple, they aren't groundbreaking though :7up:

First off, when it comes to Shadow Slide, Noob's stance is pretty important. When you're to the left of your opponent, if you're facing toward the screen, the Slide will hit your opponent's front leg. If you're facing away, it will hit their back leg. This is vice versa when you're to the right of your opponent. And the Slide will do this whether they're standing, crouching, blocking, whatever. So really, it's a bit safer on block when it hits your opponent's back leg since it takes a little while longer to land (around 6 frames).

And then there's this crossup dash with EX Slide. When you're up close and you land one (almost guaranteed with a :l:fp,:bp,EX Slide mixup no one will see coming) the opponent flips toward you. If you dash forward ASAP, you will dash straight past them and end up on the other side! A recovery roll prevents this, but it does happen before your opponent can do a wake-up attack in the original direction. This can catch people by surprise to mess up their wake-up or to change who is in the corner, but probably because they don't know about it.

Anyhow that's it, they're not big deals and sorry if these were already known :grave:
wow why didnt i see this back when it was posted. Nice shit dude!