What's new

Spring '10 USA PSN MK2 Tournament - No Random

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament is over
Your winner = DCIguy01

Due to David and ten-peace-show unable to finish their match in the given time as well as the extension, I have won by default.

NO RANDOM SELECT TOURNAMENT

What does that mean?
-Pick whoever you want and fire away.
-If you win the match, you must continue to use the same character until you are beaten.
-If you are beaten, you must switch characters. (You can use a character you previously used after switching for at least one match).

Those of you who have previously entered into one of my brackets know that I am a stickler for the rules. To ensure the tournament does not go on for six months, I will enforce the rules and deadlines with absolutely no exceptions. Times and dates will be announced well in advance. If you don't think you can meet the commitment, do not sign up.

Bracket link
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=364721

ENTRANTS
1. jesse89202
2. yugimonz
3. R1RYDA714
4. john2kx
5. Raven
6. DCIguy01
7. xDisciplex
8. frznsldr
9. Kaz
10. ten-peace-show
11. David_GEM
12. Avsfan04
13. BYE
14. BYE
15. BYE
16. BYE

RULES

- Exactly 16 player spots. If 16 players cannot be found, first round byes will be awarded at random
- Best of 13 matches (not first to 7, therefore every match must be played even if you have accumulated the majority of wins)
- Once brackets are posted, you will receive 1 week to complete your quarterfinal match with your opponent and post results of your match by 11:59 pm est of the deadline date.
- You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 4-9 or 6-7) and character matchups if you remember them.
- Tourney duration will be 2 weeks (1 week for quarter finals, 3 days for semis and 3 days for finals, 1 day for CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH) Deadline for reporting scores will be posted.
- In order to register, you MUST post in this thread and state you wish to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only CMK members may enter the tournament

Disqualifications

- If a player willingly quits, that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below
- If a player no-shows a match or does not complete the 13 matches they are disqualified
- If a player does not post results of their match they will be disqualified

How to post results of ur games[/b]

Remember to have a pen and paper ready when u play ur games so u can write down ur results after each match

example

1= wazz56
2= smoke
3= wazz56
4= wazz56
5= smoke
6= smoke
7= wazz56
8= smoke
9= smoke
10= wazz56
11= wazz56
12= smoke
13= wazz56

Exception

- If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory than the player has a right to report it. (if you click the ps3 button you will see if the person is still playing mk2... if it doesn't than they've manually exited the game).
- In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back within a few days of your matchup and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
- *You will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your 10 remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to quarterfinal matches. Semi's and Finals must be played regardless of lag.
- If a person is lagging severely with several people, that player may be removed from the tourney.
- If a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. if a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.

In order to optimize internet speed, if you have a computer or laptop running in the background while playing, for the duration of your matchup:

Please DO NOT
- have any torrents running
- any downloads running
- youtube or streaming video running
- any intensive internet surfing
- any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls

This will ensure a solid connection

I'm in. Just wandering if we might put a couple stipulations on this that have been mentioned before. Alternate who picks first, and maybe a limit on how times you can pick a particular character. Just a thought, but I'm in regardless.

im in, an idea would be just picking your one character now and sticking with him/her. that way when you make the brackets you will see who you are playing and their character and there is no way to counter pick. maybe give an option of having 2 alts or something

MIKECALDWELL said:
hmm. I wonder who R1Ryda would pick. Guess I need to figure out how to beat mileena.
I just played him a couple days ago. His Mileena seems to be pretty weak against Raiden.

Also, sign me up for this thing. :)

I like the rule change. I'm assuming that once we are forced to change characters by losing, we can immediately go back to that character once we are beat again.

john2kx said:
I just played him a couple days ago. His Mileena seems to be pretty weak against Raiden.

Yeah. I'm not sure, but raiden does appear to be a counterpick for mileena. Only problem is that raiden is one of my weakest characters. Who will you be picking most of the time John?

john2kx said:

yea if you remember i missed on all of my combos haha and couldnt roll your teleports. honeslty my hardest opponent is cage just because my jab pressure does nothing

The only reason I'm a little hesitant is because I always make bad choices when it comes to choosing characters- although I've done well in the two non-random tourneys I played in- the characters I'm good with are relatively low tier. I don't feel like playing against scorpion and jax over and over again, but it's a good idea because it evens the playing field a lot more for those who aren't as good at randoming.

I'm in! But I'm sure I won't win.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Signups will run through Friday. If we do not have a full 16 players, byes will be awarded at random.