What's new

[SPOILERS] MKX to MK11 Roster Comparison/Overview

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
You mean sonya only .. why the hell r we getting those kids again in 2 consecutive parts !!!!
And they keep rain as modifier !!!!

Really WHAT THE #&@$!
Well, Cassie is the daughter and all plus Sonya was in both MK9 and MKX. They could have given the spot to Cassie and given her some of Sonya's "inherited" moves in a certain variation.

But even if they chose Sonya over her, I wouldn't care either way. Point is, having all three (S/C/J) when we have characters like Fujin, Nightwolf, the cyborgs, and yes, Rain be most likely absent from base roster makes no sense to me.

Lun

proud TERF!
I don't care about Cassie and Jacquie, I wish someone else, anyone else who isn't the "kombat kids" (Sindel? Reptile? Bo'Rai Cho? New characters? Anyone really), got their spot in the roster.

Apart from that, I'm happy with the roster. All of my most liked new characters from MKX are back, and my all-time favorites Shang and Raiden seem to be both back. And we've got all the good classic characters too.

Totally agree i dont care about sonya and cassie
And all kids addition just makes the roster weak and less fresh ( BOORING )!
In my humble opinion ..

Shang taung must be added he will be an extremely healthy wise addition to the roater no doubt

Reactions: Lun

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Before this topic, I never realized how MK11 roster is similar to MKX.

Well, that's... disappointing.
I don't see how it's any more similar than other MK titles. The original MK3, and MKD, are the only two MK games in the franchise with significantly more than 50% characters not returning from the previous game. MK11's roster is already as different from MKX, as MKX was from MK9, and that's without accounting for any hidden secret characters (e.g. Shang Tsung).

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Totally agree i dont care about sonya and cassie
And all kids addition just makes the roster weak and less fresh ( BOORING )!
In my humble opinion ..
Well, its two kids. Not all the kids. And I don't understand how NRS focusing on newer introduced characters is less fresh - adding in Reptile for the 900th time (and so on) seems less fresh to me.

In my humble opinion I'd rather they continue to develop Kotal, D'Vorah, Cassie, Jacqui, Erron and make them iconic characters as well - which is what it looks like NRS is doing.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I know that there has been other roster comparisons since I have posted this one, but I remember saying that I would update if there turns out to be more characters than we think.

It's still not 100% confirmed, but considering recent deconfirmations, interviews, etc, I think it's safe to say that this is the roster we are getting. No secrets or anything like that. So yeah, this is it.

It almost physically hurts me that Jacqui and Sonya came back, but Kenshi didn't...

We literally have Jax and Cassie who are much better than both of them in the same roster.

a unique character like Kenshi getting benched for their sake is a crime...

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Sonya Blade is an iconic character and should be in every Mortal Kombat. I couldn't imagine Street Fighter without Chun Li. I don't want to. Cassie could replace Johnny Cage, but I wouldn't want that either.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
It almost physically hurts me that Jacqui and Sonya came back, but Kenshi didn't...

We literally have Jax and Cassie who are much better than both of them in the same roster.

a unique character like Kenshi getting benched for their sake is a crime...
You mean Takeda right? Hes pre-built for the 2 variation system, Telekenetic son of Kenshi and Scorpion trained Kunai Whip boy.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Sonya Blade is an iconic character and should be in every Mortal Kombat. I couldn't imagine Street Fighter without Chun Li. I don't want to. Cassie could replace Johnny Cage, but I wouldn't want that either.
No way dude. Shes not on that level no matter what people try to paint her as. Shes the Cammy, MK1 just happened to only have one female.

You mean Takeda right? Hes pre-built for the 2 variation system, Telekenetic son of Kenshi and Scorpion trained Kunai Whip boy.
Yeah Takeda is probably the best Kombat kid, but I still prefer Kenshi since he's the only Samurai in a game full of Ninjas.

Not forgetting that he's an Ermac level telepath which also works in his favor.

The idea of Takeda inheriting Kenshi's style is interesting I'm not gonna lie, and he probably has a bigger chance of being DLC than Kenshi so hopefully he's in.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I would agree Kitana -> Chun-Li is more accurate in terms of franchise prominence, but Sonya and Cammy are both pretty key as well and neither is likely to miss a game anymore.
Sure, but if a character cane around purely to replace Cammy, that actually resonated with a mass audience, and she sat out ONE game, I could see that being pretty well recieved call. Especially if it brought Akuma on to the base roster where he may not have been. That said, I dont believe the characters taking others spots meta people developed. But, just saying, I believe Sonya is at this point in modern day, less necessary than Kitana. Especially with the now very deep pool of female characters with mass followings and decent storylines. Front and center, her daughter and designed replacement, Cassie Cage. Kitana is Chun Li. Kitana and Scorpion action figures or any of their pallete swaps could be found in a thrift store on a saturday and a 40 year old father in cargo khaki shorts will say, “hey look, Mortal Kombat.”

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Yeah Takeda is probably the best Kombat kid, but I still prefer Kenshi since he's the only Samurai in a game full of Ninjas.

Not forgetting that he's an Ermac level telepath which also works in his favor.

The idea of Takeda inheriting Kenshi's style is interesting I'm not gonna lie, and he probably has a bigger chance of being DLC than Kenshi so hopefully he's in.
You mean Telekinesis?
Ermac can’t read minds

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not seeing the connection between some characters like Kenshi/Cetrion and Frost and Ferr/Torr but ok. I'm sure NRS will soon give us more info on that last podkast and interviews

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I agree with Megax on that one. Takeda is the one who appealed most to me of the MKX newcomers, and I liked him as a character much more than the rest of the Kombat Kids.